Dwayne Wade

Not to pitch a bitch, but did anyone watch game 5? the guy got calls all night, and on the final play he had a backcourt violation, shoved a man off of him and then split the defense missed a lay up and got sent to the line on a foul that wasn’t there. Lebron doesnt get calls like this. I just hope the NBA can get off his nuts for a couple games so we can have a decisive winner.

watched the scene again, and you are right! Fucking backcourt violation!!!

Here you go.

The popularity-based officiating that obviously goes on in the NBA makes the game harder to watch, and the stars harder to like. Half of a ref’s salary should be a performance-related bonus based on missed calls found on tape reviews. I’m not saying it’s all intentional (except for Dick Bavetta), but if a ref subconsciously supports the stars or the home team, they need to work at being aware of that and overcoming it.

how about you go back and watch the end of the fourth quarter when wade was fouled, a call that was never made which could’ve sent him to the line for the potential game winning free throws? or how about the countless times when nowitzki’s big clumsy ass pulls up for a jump shot, lands on haslem or posey, and they call a foul on the man defending him? or how about the fact that shaq can’t so much as move more than an inch without one of the refs calling one on him.

in basketball, there’s no fairness or consistency in the calls made. sometimes they go your way, and sometimes they don’t.

you should worry more about what the Cavs are doing to get lebron another offensive option rather than complaining about the calls that aren’t going his way.

The refs don’t watch a game from our vantage point and when a call is suspect, the network scambles for the best camera angle. The refs are at court level and have to make a call on the fly, they can’t stop the game, review the tape and say “Yeah, I thought there was a foul.” The game was fine last night, could have gone either way. I think when a ref makes a bad call it’s another challenge for the player to overcome. Suck it up and keep going, let the coach deal with bad calls and play your game.

The whole problem is when either Dirk or Dwyane plays at home they get the benefit of the doubt on all calls. I just can’t stand how Dwyane Wade is such a pussy and complains about every damn call and the same with shaq. At least Dirk keeps his mouth shut instead of crying for a foul every time down the floor.

[quote]Jumbos10 wrote:
The whole problem is when either Dirk or Dwyane plays at home they get the benefit of the doubt on all calls. I just can’t stand how Dwyane Wade is such a pussy and complains about every damn call and the same with shaq. At least Dirk keeps his mouth shut instead of crying for a foul every time down the floor.[/quote]

Did Shaq complain about the Stackhouse foul? No. Does Shaq complain for getting called EVERY TIME someone takes a flop after bumping into him? No. Does Dwyane Wade complain about the charges or the hanging on the rim technical (which Diop or Dampier didn’t get called for on the very next play), just to name a few? No. Not to mention all of those bullshit calls against Haslem and Posey every time Dirk pulls up for an awkward shot and just lands on top of them.

The reason why Dirk isn’t complaining is that he isn’t getting anything called against him. And, the one time he does, what does he do? Kicks the ball into the stands.

Come on dude. Seriously.

Um, how about Avery and Cuban both crying about calls. Or how about Cuban just being a poor sport altogether.

[quote]Jumbos10 wrote:
The whole problem is when either Dirk or Dwyane plays at home they get the benefit of the doubt on all calls. I just can’t stand how Dwyane Wade is such a pussy and complains about every damn call and the same with shaq. At least Dirk keeps his mouth shut instead of crying for a foul every time down the floor.[/quote]

[quote]WOrta1128 wrote:
Does Shaq complain for getting called EVERY TIME someone takes a flop after bumping into him?[/quote]

This nonsense about letting a player move the defender by slamming his butt into him, or by leaning back hard and slamming his back into him, as Shaq habitually does, should stop. I think the game would be more enjoyable without the bulldozers.

[quote]larryb wrote:
WOrta1128 wrote:
Does Shaq complain for getting called EVERY TIME someone takes a flop after bumping into him?

This nonsense about letting a player move the defender by slamming his butt into him, or by leaning back hard and slamming his back into him, as Shaq habitually does, should stop. I think the game would be more enjoyable without the bulldozers.[/quote]

but at what point does it become too much? we already have a leaque where 48 minute games are dragged out for three hours. everything is a foul. rarely do you see a span of more than two minutes without the game being stopped. it’s going to get to the point where big men won’t be valued anymore (guys like shaq or wallace even). what’s the use of having a big, physical guy playing center if he’s more a liability than anything else? i think the game should go back to basics and that the players should just be allowed to play.

[quote]WOrta1128 wrote:
larryb wrote:
WOrta1128 wrote:
Does Shaq complain for getting called EVERY TIME someone takes a flop after bumping into him?

This nonsense about letting a player move the defender by slamming his butt into him, or by leaning back hard and slamming his back into him, as Shaq habitually does, should stop. I think the game would be more enjoyable without the bulldozers.

but at what point does it become too much? we already have a leaque where 48 minute games are dragged out for three hours. everything is a foul. rarely do you see a span of more than two minutes without the game being stopped. it’s going to get to the point where big men won’t be valued anymore (guys like shaq or wallace even). what’s the use of having a big, physical guy playing center if he’s more a liability than anything else? i think the game should go back to basics and that the players should just be allowed to play.[/quote]

What does “let them play” mean?
The rules are there to prevent injuries, which let players play longer, harder.

Either you disrupt a player’s shot with physical contact, foul, or you take a charge and have the ball go the other way. There is no gray area because it would make the game impossible to ref.

[quote]Jumbos10 wrote:

Mark Cuban, is that you?

[quote]oboffill wrote:
WOrta1128 wrote:
larryb wrote:
WOrta1128 wrote:

but at what point does it become too much? we already have a leaque where 48 minute games are dragged out for three hours. everything is a foul. rarely do you see a span of more than two minutes without the game being stopped. it’s going to get to the point where big men won’t be valued anymore (guys like shaq or wallace even). what’s the use of having a big, physical guy playing center if he’s more a liability than anything else? i think the game should go back to basics and that the players should just be allowed to play.

The rules are there to prevent injuries, which let players play longer, harder.

Either you disrupt a player’s shot with physical contact, foul, or you take a charge and have the ball go the other way. There is no gray area because it would make the game impossible to ref. [/quote]

don’t get me wrong. i’m all for ensuring that these guys can play for twelve or fifteen years. the thing is that they are athletes. there is always going to be the risk of injury. it’s impossible to think that they can be shielded completely from it. however, it seems sometimes that the leaque thinks that they actually can.

you’re right: a charge is very much a foul, intentional contact is a foul, grabbing someone is a foul. but you’re wrong in saying that there isn’t a gray area when it comes to contact because there are a ton of variables that come into play.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
[/quote]

No Blood, No Foul.

That should be the only rule.

If this is a thread about Dwayne Wade (as the subject would imply) why did the original poster post a picture of LeBron James?

What about the time out called by the Mavs between foulshots? From half court 1.9sec is enough time to get off a good shot not like the shit they threw up.
There were calls that could have gone both ways down the stretch, it shouldn’t have even got that close, esp. not an overtime.

If the original poster was talking about where Wade went over the half court mark when Miami took the ball out in I think OT (maybe it was the 4th, it was a long game…heh), I think he was already behind the line before he received the ball from whoever was inbounding it. I think that’s allowed; not 100% sure though. I’m going off my middle school days of basketball; I have no clue what the rules are for that type of situation in the NBA though.

Anyways, still a good game last night IMO! The thing that pissed me off the most was the “Hack a Shaq”. I thought that was pretty lame.

So far it’s been a damn good series though.

(go heat…hehe)

[quote]WOrta1128 wrote:
but at what point does it become too much? we already have a leaque where 48 minute games are dragged out for three hours. everything is a foul.[/quote]

That is an unrelated problem. If players are not allowed to move/push the defender, they will have to adjust their game or they will continually foul out. Once they adjust, the game will not be any longer.

The playoffs have been good this year. The refs have not.

LeBron James gets more calls/non calls than anyone in the league. How about those 2 or more non calls on his obvious travelling violations earlier in the playoffs.

I don’t care who wins the finals, below is just my opinion from observation.

Last night the officiating was really bad, but I’ve seen so much worse. On AroundTheHorn they were talking about how there has never been a free throw shooting difference like there was last night, I think the Heat shot 24 more free throws than the Mavs. The Mavs were called for ticky tack fouls and the Heat were not called for obvious calls.

Regarding the timeout at the end. The refs know better, they should double check with the head coach because everybody in the building knows that the timeout goes after the second free throw, not before it.

Regarding the backcourt violation. You can catch an inbound pass in the backcourt, passed in from the front court. You have to watch his feet and see where they land after he touches the ball. It was close, I didn’t TIVO it so I can’t go back and look at it.

By the way, Shaq is a BIG complainer. The biased Miami fan who said he wasn’t, is biased.

Hey Josh Howard, you’ve been playing well, but how about hitting those 2 free throws…you choker.

Jason Terry has been the best player IMO in this series. Wade…please, 2nd best.