DW Mock Meet - 1330 Total

1330 in the gym, with strength to spare:

I was also mentioned here:
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/23640

great lifting what is your height weight and age?

[quote]yolo84 wrote:
great lifting what is your height weight and age?[/quote]

Thanks. I’m 5’6", 175 (compete in the 165lb class), and 29 years old.

you’re the how not to deadlift guy!! I was showing my buddy that and making fun of you a couple days ago. You’ve really transformed your lifting since that video was made

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
you’re the how not to deadlift guy!! I was showing my buddy that and making fun of you a couple days ago. You’ve really transformed your lifting since that video was made [/quote]

Thanks. It took a while, but once the correct form was ingrained a few years ago (around 2008), I’ve been constantly improving.

That is a great transformation to see. And congrats for the mention on PL Watch.

Nice lifting. How do you like the Sheiko CMS?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
That is a great transformation to see. And congrats for the mention on PL Watch.[/quote]

Thanks. :slight_smile:

[quote]burt128 wrote:
Nice lifting. How do you like the Sheiko CMS?[/quote]

Thanks. It can be brutal and very fatiguing, but I’m getting through it.

165! that’s awesome, a 1500 raw total is not out of reach for you

I can feel a 600 lb. pull coming soon for you.

Congrats on your lifts. How do you feel about your squat form and your weak points in the squat?

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
165! that’s awesome, a 1500 raw total is not out of reach for you[/quote]

Thanks, but 1500 is going to be quite a while from now.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
I can feel a 600 lb. pull coming soon for you. [/quote]

Thanks, man. I think I’ll pull 600 at Raw Unity in February, the meet after my upcoming one, next month, when I pull 585, like in this video.

[quote]spongechris wrote:
Congrats on your lifts. How do you feel about your squat form and your weak points in the squat?[/quote]

I think the way that I squat works for me because I have a very strong back, which means that I can handle the forward lean of my torso. Also, I think the combination of low bar position and long legs results in that type of squat, naturally. I have long arms, long legs, and a short torso.

[quote]maxbm wrote:

Congrats on your lifts. How do you feel about your squat form and your weak points in the squat?[/quote]

I think the way that I squat works for me because I have a very strong back, which means that I can handle the forward lean of my torso. Also, I think the combination of low bar position and long legs results in that type of squat, naturally. I have long arms, long legs, and a short torso.[/quote]
Whatever works best :slight_smile:
much success on your iron journey!

[quote]maxbm wrote:

I think the way that I squat works for me because I have a very strong back, which means that I can handle the forward lean of my torso. Also, I think the combination of low bar position and long legs results in that type of squat, naturally. I have long arms, long legs, and a short torso.[/quote]

Do you do anything in particular to keep your shoulders healthy enough for that kind of low bar squat?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]maxbm wrote:

Do you do anything in particular to keep your shoulders healthy enough for that kind of low bar squat?[/quote]

No, and I never had any shoulder pain from squats.