During and Post-Workout Sugar

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Bacopa monnieri.

Simple breathing and relaxation exercises should do, no need to go all ‘transcendental’ lol.

BBB[/quote]

thanks man! appreciate your help.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Carbs can trigger insulin release which can protect muscle from the ravages of cortisol.

Cortisol can, and will, wreck a physique in short order. It is valid practice to try and modulat its effects through use of supplementation and relaxation.

Lifting 60% of your 1RM can release transient pulses of GH, which has a lypolytic effect - not something to be ignored IMO.

Get the bulk of your daily carbs in the 60-90 minutes before training. This will create a maximally-anabolic environment around the training window, plus fuel your intense workout.

For some populations, bread can trigger unwanted side-effects. If you are not sensitive to bread, then by all means eat it. I don’t.

Rice is better tolerated IME.

Counterpoint to my main man Bricks’ post

:wink:

Technically, we are both ‘right’ in what we say. But Brick seems to favour a more ‘9 to 5’ approach (which is cool), whilst I go with a more ‘inner geek’ approach. Pick which works best for you.

That’s my opinion.

BBB[/quote]

For those of us who train early / after breakfast what would you suggest?

Right now I’m having 2 carb meals, 50g of carbs from fruit for breakfast, and 75g of carbs from rice an hour after training.
[/quote]
Depends pon your goals.

If all-out muscle building then a liquid meal with fruit, powdered carbs (palatinose works well, but dextrose/malto should be OK) and whey would be my suggestion.

If muscle-building-with-an-eye-on-fat-burning, then whey isolate plus leucine would do.

BBB[/quote]

How much leucine total would you recommend? <200 lbs