During and Post Exercise Nutrition

Hey Tampa Terry,

I just wanted to know if you could let me know what you think.

During the exercise bout I drink Surge.

Immediately after the exercise bout I have some Low-Carb Grow! and powdered gatorade.

Two hours later I’ll have a P+C
meal 67% Carb and 33% Protein.

Is this a good plan of attack for a bulking phase or should I change it up?

Thanks Phill,
Osvaldo Hernandez Chavez
(PanchoPantera)

Osvaldo, go back and read John Berardi’s two articles, “Solving the Post Workout Puzzle,” I & II. It explains what’s going on PWO and how to minimize the negatives and maximize the positives.

You would do better to sip 1/2 of your Surge (1 scoop in 1 liter of water) during your workout and 1/2 of your Surge (1 scoop in 1 liter of water) immediately upon completion of your workout. From there you should eat a WHOLE FOOD starchy carb P+C meal. Starchy carbs in this case mean oatmeal, sweet potatoes, yams, brown rice.

Grow! has some slow-digesting protein in it (casein). Surge was formulated and designed to deliver its protein very, very quickly. Taking one right after the other is like stepping on the brakes and the gas in your car at the same time.

Read that article! (grin)

Pancho Pantera,

I wanted to reply to your post, earlier on, but you asked for TT so I hung back. After reading her post, she is dead on. As a matter of fact, I have used her recommendations succesfully!! ( Her and JB’s suggestions)!

My first meal of the day is P+F, then 1 to 2 hours go workout (I drink one scoop Surge in 1 liter water during workout). After workout I drink 1 scoop Surge with 1 liter of water. 1 1/2 hours after my second Surge shake, I have a P+C meal. The rest of my meals are P+F meals.

This has really worked for me and is quite easy to follow!! Big ups to JB and TT!!
“Sancho”

Thanks you guys
I’m really learning alot.
While I was working out I started to think about my question and I thought “Why don’t I drink half now and the other half after?” Well I guess I was on the right track.

Thanks again Tampa-Terry and Sancho.

p.s. Sancho, does your user name derive from “Sancho Panza” of “Don Quijote” by Miguel de Cervantes Zaavedra?

Thanks Once Again,
Osvaldo Hernandez Chavez

[quote]PanchoPantera wrote:
p.s. Sancho, does your user name derive from “Sancho Panza” of “Don Quijote” by Miguel de Cervantes Zaavedra?

Thanks Once Again,
Osvaldo Hernandez Chavez

Unfortunately, my friends gave me that “nickname”. It kind of goes with my last name. But the real reason is in my younger days I was always the “other” guy. Like in spanish “Quien es tu Sancho” or in english “Who’s your other lover”!

I wish my nickname was associated with a fine piece of literature, but to no avial!! Anyways, you are very welcome my friend.
“Sancho”