1:00 mins sprint
3:00 mins walk

Then I'd finish up....
Is this enough? How much time should I spent doing HIIT? I do this on non-lifting days

It's impossible to answer that question without knowing your fitness level. This would destroy my mom; however, there are several members here for whom this wouldn't even break a sweat. How do you intend to progress? The simplest progressions to keep in mind are decreasing your walk interval (trying to get down to 2 min for example) and increasing the number of rounds by 1 every couple of weeks. How many times per week are you doing HIIT? I'd never do it more than twice, and I'd make sure one of the days is shorter intervals (like 10s sprint, 20s walk.) You could also move them to the end of your lifting sessions if you wanna give it a shot.

I'd shorten your walk intervals.

I honestly could do what I posted all day... In fact even with shorter duration walk periods, I can still seemingly go all day, and I sprint at a 4min mile pace, so I think thats fairly quick.

Maybe if I go 1 min on, 1 min off, I could go for like 8 minutes versus 15?

That would be a good start.
I think you'll probably find that with shorter rest periods, the longer your session goes for, the tougher it will get.
The way I see it, is with 3 minute rest intervals, you're allowing your energy systems(ATP-CP) to reach a fairly full recovery, so that's why it isn't as difficult.
Time To:........................ATP-PC ......Glycolytic......Aerobic System
Peak Power/System.......<1sec........20sec.......... 2-3min.
Maintenance of Peak.....10sec........20sec...........3min.
Total Capacity...............10-30sec.....1-2min..........hours
Full Time For Recovery....3min.........1-2hr...........24hr.-48hr.
�½ Time For Recovery....30sec........15-20min........5-6hr.

Get off the damn treadmill and try sprinting for one minute straight outside... No way you "could do that all day."

Running on a treadmill isn't even close to running on grass/dirt/concrete

Generally if you can still stand and speak after 20 minutes your HIIT isn't really HIIT it's just IT.

I have to fully agree here. When I have my team doing HIIT, it's never on a treadmill as it takes way to long for the machine to respond to something your body can do in a fraction of a second.

If you have issues such a shin splits and that's preventing you from running outside, then try to find some good trails near where you live. Heck, even in the core of a city you can find a good field to do your HIIT.

Also with your intense portion going 3 minutes, it's turning into steady-state cardio. Switch to a 30/30 program, where you have 30 seconds walking and 30 seconds intense sprinting.

If you are suggesting I do sprints outside in Minnesota, in the winter, where we don't even clear our sidewalks and nearly everything is pure slickness... then I don't really think I should be taking any advice from you >_<

Skate sprints. :slightly_smiling:

The only problem with that is I don't have any idea how to stop on skates...

Neither do I, but I guess thats what the boards are for, or you could just do laps like in speed skating.

Ah yes... the "infinite loop"