T Nation

Dunlaps Disease

I have a gut… its not huge, but its there. I had a caliper test and came out at about 13% the other day. I’m not sure how accurate it was, but supposedly the guy that did it was certified and such.

Anyway, assuming I’m able to stick to a clean diet and lose 1-2 lbs a week and get down to about 190-195 or 8-10%, is this gut going to go away? Its there whether I have clothes on or not; its like the fat has molded to where the least pressure was being applied, i.e., where my belt and denim was not pushing it back.

Sounds like you might be a little hard on yourself. At 200lbs and only 13%bf, I wish I could get closer to that(I am working on it)

Some questions I would ask are,1: Do you drink alcohol? If so, cut it out. 2: What do you eat? If junk, clean it up. 3: How about stress level? 4:Do you over do ab work? It may be over development of lower abs.

That is all I can think of at the moment.Good Luck!!

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
Sounds like you might be a little hard on yourself. At 200lbs and only 13%bf, I wish I could get closer to that(I am working on it)

Some questions I would ask are,1: Do you drink alcohol? If so, cut it out. 2: What do you eat? If junk, clean it up. 3: How about stress level? 4:Do you over do ab work? It may be over development of lower abs.

That is all I can think of at the moment.Good Luck!![/quote]

Well like I said, I can only assume the caliper test was accurate. I don’t drink, but I do eat some junk. My stress level is probably high because I typically get only about 6 hours a night. I do ab work in proportion to the rest of my work, so I think its safe to say that I don’t overdo it.

Thx for the reply

Have you thought about doing vacuums? I’ve doing them the past couple weeks and it has reduced my waist size and made my stomach look better overall.