Dunkin Donut Pulls Scarf Ad

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
This is the crap the the far left pulls, funny to see it from the far right.

…Just because you usually ignore it when the right wing does it doesn’t mean it doesn’t go on…[/quote]

Exactly. The only difference is that no one normally listens to the far righties because they’re fucking morons and I think society nearly recognizes that.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Professor X wrote:
It is insane the way some people think…and these are the ones who will be voting in November.

Presumably they voted in large quantities in 2000 and 2004 – in case you haven’t noticed.[/quote]

[i]We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world–a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us…No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we’ll kill you. Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads? Who among us can be happy and proud of having this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking half-wits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid rich kids like George Bush?

They are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill gooks. They speak for all that is cruel and stupid and vicious in the American character. They are the racists and hate mongers among us–they are the Ku Klux Klan. I piss down the throats of these Nazis.

And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. Fuck them[/i]

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Apparently, you actually can control the world from your couch.[/quote]

Well damn it all, I don’t have a couch!

That does it, if what you say is true then I am getting one tomorrow and soon, SOON, Roxy Deville, Adrianna Faust, and all the girls at hornyspanishflies will. BE. MINE!!!

And why is she pointing her finger up to the heavens like that?

Looks kinda ominous. This some scary shit…

According to “Dunkin Donuts” America runs on Dunkin. With a statement like that they had better be more politically correct in their ad’s. After all the world is watching.

Do terrorists even eat donuts, aren’t they like the poison food of the infidels.

[quote]streamline wrote:
According to “Dunkin Donuts” America runs on Dunkin…[/quote]

What, dunkin as in waterboarding?

Btw, they definitely got donuts in Saudi…

Was this a blogosphere movement to get this pulled? I’ve heard absolutely nothing about this from family or friends, left or right. Just seems they pulled this rather quickly over a little noise.

I’m late to the thread, but the compliant was dumb. It’s just the other side of the coin of Political Correctness.

That said, I wouldn’t worry about the “class” of voters driving this - they will be balanced out by airheads who vote for candidates based on what or who is “hip”.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Was this a blogosphere movement to get this pulled? I’ve heard absolutely nothing about this from family or friends, left or right. Just seems they pulled this rather quickly over a little noise. [/quote]

I don’t know mate. The current mindset is really scary, and I have little doubt that some people on this very board, actually welcomed the company’s decision. It was a wise marketing decision. We’re here talking Dunkin’ Donuts which we wouldn’t be doing had the ad not been removed. The people with Ann Coulter on their blogrolls, have been very vocal about this. Heck, LGF titled “Mainstreaming Terrorism to Sell Donuts”

Since watching this show, I am less and less surprised by whatever’s happening across the pond. And seven years after 9/11, I can only attribute it to the Iraq war. We all know it created terrorists, but we often overlook just how much ammunition it has given to racists and Islamophobes.

It’s pathetic that Dunkin Donuts needed to pull an ad because of a black and white crappy looking scarf for business reasons. The fact that they need to even think about such things speaks volumes for how ridiculously PC people can be. Why can people not see a scarf for what it is, a dumb fashion statement, rather than getting all up in arms over the pattern and colors? Maybe the people who filed complaints with Dunkin’ Donuts were from mussclemissions or something. Pathetic.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
It’s pathetic that Dunkin Donuts needed to pull an ad because of a black and white crappy looking scarf for business reasons. The fact that they need to even think about such things speaks volumes for how ridiculously PC people can be. [/quote]

The thing is, many of the people complaining about how PC the media/government is are the same ones harping on whether a certain politician is “elitist” from some comment made. They are the first to take statements made by OTHERS and then attribute any guilt associated with it to whoever heard it and didn’t run screaming from the room.

If people really wanted an end to so much “political correctness”, why do things like this happen?

An end to PC rhetoric is NOT what most people really want. They just want to be in control of the use of it.

The thing is, many of the people complaining about how PC the media/government is are the same ones harping on whether a certain politician is “elitist” from some comment made. [/quote]

This has nothing to do with the issue here. Complaining about Political Correctness and complaining about Elitism are not incompatible.

An end to PC rhetoric is NOT what most people really want. They just want to be in control of the use of it.[/quote]

Probably the most true thing I’ve ever heard.

I don’t fucking lose it when anyone isn’t PC. When Rush pops off, I let it go, because Bill Maher does the same thing but I agree with him.

Too many people get outraged when it suits them. Consistency is a hard thing to find in America.

[quote]lixy wrote:
And seven years after 9/11, I can only attribute it to the Iraq war. We all know it created terrorists, but we often overlook just how much ammunition it has given to racists and Islamophobes.

[/quote]

They will take anything they can get. Again, they use what suits them.

Welcome to America… 300 million used car salesmen…

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
lixy wrote:
And seven years after 9/11, I can only attribute it to the Iraq war. We all know it created terrorists, but we often overlook just how much ammunition it has given to racists and Islamophobes.

[/quote]

I’m pretty sure the 4084 dead American soldiers (and God knows how many contractors) did not go unnoticed. I have a sense that the hate grew significantly, even in the hearts of previously neutral people, by watching images of the mutilated American bodies in Fallujah. Or hearing about the use of mentally-deficient people as mules for explosives.

In the minds of plenty, the US is the good guy in this war. Their rationale is simple: 1) we’re not as bad as Al-Qaeda 2) Bush’s not as bad as Hitler. I blame the lack of exposure to colonialism and the official motives put forth to validate it.

[quote]lixy wrote:

In the minds of plenty, the US is the good guy in this war. Their rationale is simple: 1) we’re not as bad as Al-Qaeda 2) Bush’s not as bad as Hitler. I blame the lack of exposure to colonialism and the official motives put forth to validate it.[/quote]

Show me the poll again which states more US citizens are against the war in Iraq.

[quote]lixy wrote:
I have a sense that the hate grew significantly, even in the hearts of previously neutral people, by watching images of the mutilated American bodies in Fallujah. Or hearing about the use of mentally-deficient people as mules for explosives.
[/quote]

Actually I was against the war since it started. You changed my mind on that one.

[quote]lixy wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
lixy wrote:

I’m pretty sure the 4084 dead American soldiers (and God knows how many contractors) did not go unnoticed. I have a sense that the hate grew significantly, even in the hearts of previously neutral people, by watching images of the mutilated American bodies in Fallujah. Or hearing about the use of mentally-deficient people as mules for explosives.

In the minds of plenty, the US is the good guy in this war. Their rationale is simple: 1) we’re not as bad as Al-Qaeda 2) Bush’s not as bad as Hitler. I blame the lack of exposure to colonialism and the official motives put forth to validate it.[/quote]

I wasn’t talking about the Muslims… I was talking about the racists and Islamaphobes.