T Nation

Dungeons and Dragons People

Are people who play dungeons and dragons the dorkiest people on the planet? I just want to make sure I don’t have the wrong impression about these people. My room mate used to invite people over to play and i just couldn’t bring myself to join in on the fun. The new guy at work plays also.

Do I have the wrong idea?

• Adam

I don’t see a lot of them posting on here, so what does that tell you???

Adam? how do you play D&D that it has to be posted in the SAMA forum?

oh you naughty ogre you

I don’t play, although I do have an excellent imagination:)

I wonder if they do D&D role playing in the bedroom? “spread those legs cause here comes your level 5 dungeon master!”

[quote]adamhum wrote:

I wonder if they do D&D role playing in the bedroom? “spread those legs cause here comes your level 5 dungeon master!”[/quote]

see, now I would play that game

not so geeky after all

I’ve been playing roleplaying games for 25 years now. Contrary to widely held opinions, I don’t live in my parent’s basement, I have a good job and I have a girlfriend. But please don’t tell my players that. :wink:

Makkun

PS: Isn’t this the classic ‘get a life’ topic?

[quote]adamhum wrote:

I wonder if they do D&D role playing in the bedroom? “spread those legs cause here comes your level 5 dungeon master!”[/quote]

Dungeon master don’t gain levels.

I think thats just a stereotype. I m sure that somewhere on a World of Warcraft forum, some geek is deriding weightlifters as dense cavemen (err, and women).

And I agree with the above posters - if creative roleplaying gets me laid, hell, I ll pretend I m a dark elf sorceror…

I use to play D&D with my friends back in highschool and a bit in college but it has been years sense I have played. I would love to pick up and start a new campaign but I don’t know anyone local who plays.

I played once on a boy scout camping trip when I was like 14… Apparently my character’s life was dependent on me rolling a 6 or better on one of those wacky 12 or whatever sided dice we were using. I rolled a 4, my character apparently fell down some steps and broke his neck. I left the table and never looked back at D&D again.

How do you play? Can someone show me?

[quote]adamhum wrote:
Are people who play dungeons and dragons the dorkiest people on the planet? I just want to make sure I don’t have the wrong impression about these people. My room mate used to invite people over to play and i just couldn’t bring myself to join in on the fun. The new guy at work plays also.

Do I have the wrong idea?

• Adam[/quote]

Um yeah they are dorks. But doesnt mean they are bad people! Just because they dont spend their college careers getting hot pussy doesn’t mean they arent cool!

:wink:

Oh

Also if you take any “roleplaying” video game most are based on some form of Dungeons and Dragons rules. I love video games, total videogame dork!

I haven’t played D&D but I did used to play lots and lots of online RPG games (EverQuest, EverQuest 2, Lineage 2, World of Warcraft, etc…). I stopped playing bc thats what got me up to 190lbs skinny fat. Now I’m all about lifting but I still go on some of the websites and read up on the new games and such that are being developed because they still interest me.

I actually met a little nympho while playing World of Warcraft when I was 17years old, she was petite, 23 yrs old and very kinky…who woulda thought you could get laid through an internet RPG. lol

[quote]jchenky wrote:
How do you play? Can someone show me?[/quote]

I would like to volunteer to personally teach you how to play the bedroom version - which I will have to invent first.

[quote]BoS wrote:
I played once on a boy scout camping trip when I was like 14… Apparently my character’s life was dependent on me rolling a 6 or better on one of those wacky 12 or whatever sided dice we were using. I rolled a 4, my character apparently fell down some steps and broke his neck. I left the table and never looked back at D&D again.[/quote]

Sounds more like you were rolling a saving throw and it was most likely a 20 sider.

Also you shouldn’t let one bad experience ruing roleplaying for you.

Your vagine hangs like sleeve of wizard… -300 mana points! You must roll a 7 to escape the prison or be damned forever!

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:
adamhum wrote:

I wonder if they do D&D role playing in the bedroom? “spread those legs cause here comes your level 5 dungeon master!”

Dungeon master don’t gain levels.[/quote]

LMAO!

“I’m a 12th level Vice President.” Whats this quote from???

“I’d like to put my Holy Avenger in her Bag of Holding!!!”

“Choose the flail not the morning star.” “Why?” “The flail does 2d4 damage and the morning star only does 1d8.” “So???” “So you are guaranteed at least 2 damage every time you hit compared to the 1 you fucking dumbass.” —I was the guy telling him off.

“Are there any bits of trash or metal I can break up and put into the goblins’ shoes while they are asleep?” “DM Hey look it’s Ghorig the Half-Orc McGuyver. Hey everyone we got to add 30 mins of calculations on so Ghorig can put shit in goblin shoes.” “Hey that shit will slow them down and if it does 1 hp of damage that is 1/4 of their total hit points.” “DM Blah blah blah I take fantasy games way to seriously.” “Fuck you man I want to own these goblins with style and ease.” “DM Ghorig starts foaming at the mouth and jumps off a cliff.” “No I don’t.” “DM I’m the dungeon master aka God and I say you jump off the cliff.” PunchDM Ok Ghorig didn’t jump off the cliff.”

Had some good times back in High School due to D&D.