Dumbest Fitness Advice You've Ever Heard

Sweat off the fat, they said.

Use steroids to bulk up, they said.

Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, they said.

Don’t drink that protein shake, they can’t be good for you. As my colleague munches on a doughnut

R&R at the theater, they said.

Go for the burn, they said.

360 Muscle, they said.

Cardio at HolyMac’s, they said.

Post it twice, they said.

NOXPLODE gets you jacked brah

Don’t drink more than 1 protein shake a day or you’ll wreck your kidneys.

From my doctor.

Who has a certificate in sports medicine.

Maybe not but jack3d does…

[quote]anonym wrote:
R&R at the theater, they said.[/quote]

Aside from that, how was the play?

[quote]anonym wrote:
Go for the burn, they said.[/quote]

fuuuck. that got me that one haha

mine is probably advice that i overheard a trainer give to a client once was not to swing during a kettle bell swing…use no hip drive and to lift with the shoulders.

So I was having my Jay Cutler moment (shopping cart full of meat) the other day at my local organic food store.

“Hey you know that animal protein is the worst protein. You should stick to tofu and beans.”

I look up. Soft, weak, decrepit guy. Bad skin, which is wrinkly all over. Hair looks terribly thin and full of split ends. Nails are chipped. He looks 58. I ask Soy Boy how old he is.

“45.”

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.

“How old you do think I am?”

“26?”

“Nope, I’m 31,” I reply. I eat red meat 5-10 times a week. If I go below that, my lifts immediately start falling in the gym. Have tried to go “white meat only” several times and failed.

“Only eat .8g of protein per KG Bodyweight” LOL WUT

[quote]Enray wrote:
I swear, GNC is a cornucopia of fitness bullshit.
[/quote]

I dont know much about GNC, we dont have them here in the outback. Sounds like a chain store?

But why do you spend your hard earned cash at such place. The joke is on you buddy.

What you should be doing is supporting your locally owned independant supplement store. Ok, so what, you have to spend an extra dollar or two, but atleast your not supporting dumbnuts. Your more likely to get some decent service and advice if required. Before I purchase anything, I always ask myself; where is this money going.

F*ck the coorperates.

tweet

Well this may be on topic…I have coworkers that don’t exercise or eat that strictly but are never to be seen without a 2 liter Nalgene bottle always topped up.

I think too many people worry too much about hydration.

The answer to “How much water should I drink?” is not always “More than you are drinking now.”

Reference most of the interaction I had with customers in the “Tales of a Supplement Store Employee” thread…I can’t remember how many training horror stories were told in there, but most people’s misconceptions of how and when a supplement should be used within one’s training regime is baffling and quite scary

I lift in my own office do I don’t have to deal with this but many times I’ve corrected people when the stupid rears it’s ugly head.