Dumbest Fitness Advice You've Ever Heard

I swear, GNC is a cornucopia of fitness bullshit.

I went to buy a nice overpriced jar of protein, and while the chick is ringing me up she looks at me, and says

“Make sure you don’t take too many scoop of this a day. It makes your fat turn into muscle, and your body needs fat for energy. So after it all the fat turns into muscle you’ll be tired all the time and won’t be able to workout”

O.O

Wow, please tell me I’m not the only one who experiences this shit.

Cool.

You should just sit on your ass eating burgers and doughnuts all day until you lose the ability to walk from being so fat.

Then go on a strict diet of this magical wonder-protein and emerge from your house as a hulking mountain of muscle.

Take pics.

[quote]Enray wrote:

I went to buy a nice overpriced jar of protein, and while the chick is ringing me up she looks at me, and says

“Make sure you don’t take too many scoop of this a day. It makes your fat turn into muscle, and your body needs fat for energy. So after it all the fat turns into muscle you’ll be tired all the time and won’t be able to workout”
[/quote]

Seems Legit.

I heard a guy at my university gym tell another guy that he did squats while standing on a bench because it worked the “cardiovascular in his knees”.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I heard a guy at my university gym tell another guy that he did squats while standing on a bench because it worked the “cardiovascular in his knees”.[/quote]

Do they creak? If not I need to get me some of these cardiovascular knees!

You’ve got to admire some people’s imagination though!

-You’re lifting too fast. (I’m training for strength and explosion) You have to train slowly for strength.
-Weightbelts are bad for your intestines.
-(Doing plyometric work) Don’t do that, it’s outdated. Standing calf raises are better.

saturated fat and cholesterol are bad for you. Seriously, think about the ramifications that came from this.

All the other shit above is stupid, but it ain’t gonna on the level of the low-fat era

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
saturated fat and cholesterol are bad for you. Seriously, think about the ramifications that came from this.

All the other shit above is stupid, but it ain’t gonna on the level of the low-fat era[/quote]

This. Misinformation is much worse than plain old fucktarded ignorance.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I heard a guy at my university gym tell another guy that he did squats while standing on a bench because it worked the “cardiovascular in his knees”.[/quote]

Holy shit

[quote]Nards wrote:

LMFAO!!

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

Hahaha, the Hodge Twins are hilarious.

Skinny person at work said you don’t need weights, just cardio. Hop on the treadmill and you’ll be fine, he said.

Lifting heavy makes your uterus drop.

Hearing all this makes me want to ragequit at my current pursuit at my human kinetics undergrad degree.

All that protein will screw up your liver

All that protein will make you sick

Lifting weights doesn’t help with weight loss.

I don’t want to lift weights and turn into a she-man (said by a women trying to get a better butt by doing stairs)

I don’t want to be Arnold like you

Look at GSP he doesn’t lift crazy weights. (MMA Star George StPierre)

Barbell lifting is for guys on juice so you must be on juice too

Creatine and other steroids are not good for you.

Muscle never looked good on a women.

I eat good (said by a 300 lbs women eating chocolate sitting at her desk, convo was about asthma and fitness)

I am sure I can think of more.

[quote]Nards wrote:

Still can’t get over this.

Not really fitness advice as applied in a fitness setting but…

Around 11pm on a cold winter night, I was riding in a friend’s truck on the freeway (I-87) and he ran out of gas about 5 miles from the nearest exit/gas station. After some deliberating, I volunteered to run (literally) to the nearest exit and buy some gas. This was back in the day when I was running about 5 to 10 miles daily so it wasn’t that big a deal. I got about 4 and a half miles down the freeway and a highway patrolman stops me and explains that he can’t let me run on the freeway shoulder at night and that I had to get into the patrol car and he would take me back to the truck. I tried to convince him to let me run the remaining 0.5 miles to the gas station (which was now in view) so I could return to the truck WITH the gas. He wasn’t having any of it though and so I got into the back of his squad car. As he was driving me back to the truck, he told me, “you know, you shouldn’t be running outside like that. You could have passed out.” I really wanted to chuckle at that comment but under the circumstances (locked in the back of a squad car close to midnight) I didn’t want to risk raising the ire of the officer.