Dumbell Side Bends

Are they good or not? While some people recomend them, I have heard others say that they will make your obliques to big, and ruin the V shape

You say you just started olympic lifting, and you are interested in wrestling yet you worry about your v taper…hummmmmmm. And, no your obliques won’t explode if you perform side bends.

Give Saxon bend a try instead.

[quote]skor wrote:
Give Saxon bend a try instead.[/quote]

Yeah those can be pretty tough.

I would say do both.

[quote]Black Flag wrote:
Are they good or not? While some people recomend them, I have heard others say that they will make your obliques too big, and ruin the V shape[/quote]

This is the dumbest thing I’ve read today.

I’m sure you’ll start to notice before you wake up one day and they are just TOO big and ruin your V.

And if they do that for you, tell me. I want a giant barrel belly.

I avoid them now. I used too do them. My obliques got bigger and I didn’t like the look. My waste is too wide already but your taller than me so you might be fine.

[quote]PHGN wrote:
You say you just started olympic lifting, and you are interested in wrestling yet you worry about your v taper…hummmmmmm. And, no your obliques won’t explode if you perform side bends.[/quote]

I’m not worried about my V taper I could care less about it, its just something I have been wondering about, because I have heard people say both things.

[quote]Black Flag wrote:
PHGN wrote:
You say you just started olympic lifting, and you are interested in wrestling yet you worry about your v taper…hummmmmmm. And, no your obliques won’t explode if you perform side bends.

I’m not worried about my V taper I could care less about it, its just something I have been wondering about, because I have heard people say both things.
[/quote]

Yes your obliques will grow youll get stronger and it will help for athletics etc. I do a ton of them and moves in general that hit them being Im most concerned with performance, If looking to compete in BBing then yes maybe avoid them if looking to excell on the field etc do them.

Phill