Dumbass Gym Teacher

[quote]Nothingface wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DooMMOoD wrote:
First, let me start out by saying my gym teacher is a typical gym idiot, all upper body and no lower. He was telling me what he worked out this morning and said he did back and bis. He said he did pullups, rows, back extensions, more pullups, and lat pulldowns for back. For the bis, he did something like regular dumbbell curls, hammer curls, 45 degree curls, and then burnouts. I laughed at him. I told him that when I worked back and bis All I did was bent over rows, pullups, and barbell curls. He couldn’t believe that working out for less than an hour would do anything. Someone tell me hes the idiot and not me.

I just wanted to emphasize how stupid this post was. You laughed at someone for doing several exercises for biceps? So, if you saw me train, you would be laughing at me because I do several exercises for biceps? Some of you dipshits are truly stupid far beyond the “normal” level of stupidity. It is as if you try to take being a dumbass to all new heights and boundaries, stretching the confinements until they are bursting at the seams.

Let me guess…his arms are bigger than your arms.

What equals “no lower body” to some of you? I would love to see a picture of this guy who is ALL upper body as if he never trains legs. While it is a possibility, the more likely scenario is that he is simply bigger than you and you are looking for something at all to criticize about him…because you read an article or two on this site and assume you know more than everyone else.

Fools.

X, while I agree with you on many points, your fallacy is in that you think that he (the poster) is making a mistake in thinking that they (the teacher) is wrong just because he has “bigger biceps”. You are assuming his position is coming from someone who is smaller and trying to compensate for that.

That may be the case, but he may actually be bigger and be tired of hearing from someone who has “Bigger Arms” (the teacher) but cannot perform athletically, or cannot prove himself in the gym, or in reality has no lower body (these guys do actually exist).

Remember X, the guy he is talking about may just be another gym “know it all” who cannot backup anything he says, when it comes to real strength.

You may be right in your assesment, then again the guy (the teacher) may be a pussy. Who’s arm’s are bigger is irrelevant to who knows more about working out.

Let’s not forget that genetics and drugs do play a part in this game. A simple example is Phil Parcells and T.O. Who do you think can make the better call for the next play in a football game? Physically, T.O. is better suited to perform the next play. That does not mean he knows better what the next play should be.
Obviously, the coach is better suited to call the next play, even though he is not best suited to run the next play.

It is possible that the teacher is all upper and no lower body. We have all seen it. Consider that before you call everyone “fools”.

You are speaking from a position from which you know what the fuck the reality is. You are speaking from the position opposite the “majority” of the people on the forum. That is just as ridiculous.

BTW, the original poster never said “this guy is an idiot because he laughed at someone for doing several exercises for biceps”.

The original poster actually was laughing because the teacher thought “He couldn’t believe that working out for less than an hour would do anything.”

X, the the original poster is correct and you are wrong to question whether the “Teacher” is correct just because he may have bigger arms.

Yes, sometimes, the guy with the bigger arms knows better. But, we should all know by now, that is not always the case. Interview most professional athletes about nutrition and training and you’ll see what
I’m talking about.

Sometimes, the big guy is bigger because he trains and eats better than most everyone else. Sometimes it is just dumb luck regarding his genetics.

X, I would have expected more from you. Let’s see if you can respond with a rational response, rather than personal attacks.

[/quote]

I don’t expect anything at all from you…and it seems that is just what I got. Unlike you, I’ve seen this guy post many times before. I also know that he has yet to respond to this thread with whether the guy was bigger than he was even though I have no doubt he read it by now.

If you want to believe his gym teacher is truly scrawny with nothing viable about his physique at all but some arms, more power to you. While a possibility, given the several other posts like this one that have popped up lately, it isn’t likely.

Your mistake, dear deluded reader, is believing everything the OP wrote with regards to the conversation at all. Do you honestly believe the conversation went as follows:
“I see you only train for about 40 min a day. There is simply no way that can work for you plus you don’t train arms directly”

“Ha ha, I laugh in your general direction and at your 12” thighs for I don’t even do curls!"

This kid is in high school. The chances of us even getting a word for word account of the event are pretty damn small. But hey, thanks for acting as if no one understands genetics but you or as if that fact is simply disregarded by anyone else. Your post was a waste…and we still don’t know exactly how much bigger the coach is.

How do you workout for less than an hour?

[quote]Roy wrote:
How do you workout for less than an hour?[/quote]
By stopping before an hour??

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Roy wrote:

[/quote]

If you guys have any energy after an hour, you aren’t working / lifting hard enough. Period. I’ve had days that I couldn’t drive home, my nerves are so shot. Everyone can get in a full load within an hour, not including warm-up sets.

Professor X, I never expected your voice to be the voice of Stan Lee! Simply amazing. [quote]Professor X wrote: …dear deluded reader… [/quote]

[quote]kroby wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
Roy wrote:

If you guys have any energy after an hour, you aren’t working / lifting hard enough. Period. I’ve had days that I couldn’t drive home, my nerves are so shot. Everyone can get in a full load within an hour, not including warm-up sets.

Professor X, I never expected your voice to be the voice of Stan Lee! Simply amazing. Professor X wrote: …dear deluded reader… [/quote]

I’m usually done in about 40-45min.

Also, Stan Lee is my father. I didn’t learn this, of course, until after I battled him with a light saber at which point he cut off my hand and laid the news on me. No matter what you read…the man is evil, pure unadulterated evil.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if what hes doing is working for him then hes right if what your doing is working for you then your right

acording to you hes wrong so next time it comes up just ask him to flex and because your arms are much bigger and stronger just say exactly and walk away

n3wb

I’m not training hard enough? But you’re in the car after 40 minuts with “shot nerves”. Panzy.

here we go with the ‘my intensity can beat your intensity’ bullshit

[quote]Roy wrote:
I’m not training hard enough? But you’re in the car after 40 minuts with “shot nerves”. Panzy.

[/quote]

LOL. Let’s see. Last workout I did:
1a. OHP bb 165 5x5
1b. pulldowns 260 5x3
2a. flat db press 110’s 3x8
2b. bent horiz flys db 50’s 3x10
3a. triceps pushdowns single pulley 120 3x10
3b. db hammer 55 3x9

Yes, all supersets. No time sitting around lollygagging. Pissing match on, motherfucker. lol… panzy.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
here we go with the ‘my intensity can beat your intensity’ bullshit[/quote]

If you think I won’t put up when called out, you’re wrong.

[quote]kroby wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
Roy wrote:

Professor X, I never expected your voice to be the voice of Stan Lee! Simply amazing. Professor X wrote: …dear deluded reader… [/quote]

Actually, Steven King refers to his audience as “dear reader” all the time as well.

We’ve solved the mystery: Professor is is not a large mammal of African descent with a prescription pad!

He is either a self-agrandizing 80-year-old Jew with a penchant for alliteration, or a near-sighted ugly guy from Maine who writes somewhere around 14 full-length novels a week.

'Nuff said, True Believers.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
kroby wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
Roy wrote:

Professor X, I never expected your voice to be the voice of Stan Lee! Simply amazing. Professor X wrote: …dear deluded reader…

Actually, Steven King refers to his audience as “dear reader” all the time as well.

We’ve solved the mystery: Professor is is not a large mammal of African descent with a prescription pad!

He is either a self-agrandizing 80-year-old Jew with a penchant for alliteration, or a near-sighted ugly guy from Maine who writes somewhere around 14 full-length novels a week.

'Nuff said, True Believers.[/quote]

LOL. That may actually be where I got that from. I haven’t read any other individual author as much as I have King. That shit must sink in after a while.

[quote]kroby wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

If you think I won’t put up when called out, you’re wrong.[/quote]

Put up?? You’re typing on the internet fool.
you may or may not. If you think I give 2 shits either way, you’re wrong.

To me, if you gotta talk about it here, it says more about your emotional insecurity than whether or not you work out hard. Type away big guy.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
here we go with the ‘my intensity can beat your intensity’ bullshit[/quote]

Funny how all of that “intensity” doesn’t translate directly into muscle strength and size.

There is one guy I train at the same time as who always has jokes or something to say about the fact that I’m leaving before he’s even half way through a workout. You would think the fact that he’s much smaller and lifts less than I do would open the possibility that 2 hours or more in the gym at a time isn’t necessary.

“Intensity” is not defined by who lifts the longest. It isn’t even defined by who rests the shortest amount of time. It IS defined by the effort given during a set which is accomplished pretty quickly if the weight is heavy enough.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
sasquatch wrote:

Funny how all of that “intensity” doesn’t translate directly into muscle strength and size.

There is one guy I train at the same time as who always has jokes or something to say about the fact that I’m leaving before he’s even half way through a workout. You would think the fact that he’s much smaller and lifts less than I do would open the possibility that 2 hours or more in the gym at a time isn’t necessary.

“Intensity” is not defined by who lifts the longest. It isn’t even defined by who rests the shortest amount of time. It IS defined by the effort given during a set which is accomplished pretty quickly if the weight is heavy enough.[/quote]

I finished off my workout the other day with one (1) set of barbell curls. I still can’t comb my hair. And as you can imagine, that is not a good thing.

I’ve been around long enought to know who’s pushing and who’s posing. I’ve had very intense days where my rest periods were 3-5 minutes and my workout took 1.5 hours. I’ve walked out waxed after 40 minutes.

I always enjoy the guy sprinting through the workout–watching his watch–sweating on my equipment- pretending he is intense.

Don’t confuse activity with effort.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

'Nuff said, True Believers.[/quote]

Harris, you saved this thread.

'Nuff said.

[quote]
I’ve been around long enought to know who’s pushing and who’s posing. I’ve had very intense days where my rest periods were 3-5 minutes and my workout took 1.5 hours. I’ve walked out waxed after 40 minutes.

I always enjoy the guy sprinting through the workout–watching his watch–sweating on my equipment- pretending he is intense.

Don’t confuse activity with effort. [/quote]

VERY good post. People like the “sprinter” piss me off.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
There is one guy I train at the same time as who always has jokes or something to say about the fact that I’m leaving before he’s even half way through a workout.[/quote]
Well Professor, if that guy is there longer than you it proves one thing…more free time and a desire to drive down his results/hour of effort