T Nation

Dumb Melanotan II Questions

These questions are going to sound retarded. But I’ve only done orals (so far) and never injected anything, and people here have a lot of experience. And I know at least some of you have used Melanotan. I’m ready to start my first Melanotan II cycle. I have my supplies [I can PM you the source if it matters, but don’t see why it would for my question].

Have the yellow top popped of their sodium chloride. And one of the red tops popped off melanotan II vials. Do you just twist the silver lid off both and reconstitute? It seems stuck on there pretty good. I don’t want to force it too much and break the delicate vial. I have the Sodium Chloride sitting at room temperature and the unconstitutued melanotan II sitting in the fridge.

So, I should be good to go. Sorry for these somewhat dumb questiosn. It’s my first time and I just don’t want to break the vials and waste my money and fuck it up.

I have never used Melanotan II but I have reconstituted my fair share of peptides. If the procedure is similar you are going to want to use a syringe to draw the liquid out of the yellow vial and inject it into the red vial.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
I have never used Melanotan II but I have reconstituted my fair share of peptides. If the procedure is similar you are going to want to use a syringe to draw the liquid out of the yellow vial and inject it into the red vial. [/quote]

Right. I guess I am more asking about getting the lid off…as stupid as that sounds. I popped the colored tops off [since it said flip off]. I guess you just twist hard to get the silver lid off. It’s on pretty tight. I don’t want to break it but can’t imagine doing anything else.

Never mind. I’m a newb moron in this. Seems to me you pierce the rubber with the needle and draw the fluid out and then release into the melanotan vial and swish around to reconstitute…

Is it necessary to use an alcohol pad on your skin before injecting. Or can you just go ahead?

Yes you don’t take the silver lid off : )

lol@newb moron.

Let me know how it goes for you, I’ve considered trying some M2 myself.

What kind of dose/length will you be doing?

Ok. I think I’ve found all my answers. lol. Melanotan.org recommends splitting 1 10 mg vial into 20 injections for a 200 lb guy for starters. Close enough. I’m going to do this. I graduate from law school May 3. I’m just going to start by injecting once daily to assess tolerance. I will increase to 2x daily. I’ll do it till May 3. I’ll be doing some sunbed taning too. I’ll let you know how it goes. Off to CVS to buy alcohol swabs. I’m going to follow the NIH’s guide for subcutaneous injections.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Never mind. I’m a newb moron in this. Seems to me you pierce the rubber with the needle and draw the fluid out and then release into the melanotan vial and swish around to reconstitute…[/quote]

Now your getting it;)

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Is it necessary to use an alcohol pad on your skin before injecting. Or can you just go ahead?[/quote]

I would always suggest using the alcohol everytime. You can’t be too safe when injecting.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Is it necessary to use an alcohol pad on your skin before injecting. Or can you just go ahead?

I would always suggest using the alcohol everytime. You can’t be too safe when injecting.[/quote]

Agreed. Extra measures make for less problems.

I’m a bit pissed. I could only draw the liquid about half the time. I don’t think it’s me or the needles. I was fine getting the reconstituting solution. I think the vial is messed up. I’ll make do with what i have for now. Some more bacteriostatic water is arriving which I’ll use with another vial and see if I have the same problem filling syringes to freeze.

I don’t know what the particular makeup of MTII is, but did you inject a little air into the vial first to create some pressure for ease in drawing out the solution? Also, what gauge needles are you drawing with?

I am very interested in this thread, I’ve read some good threads on MTII before and it sounds like a great peptide. One thing I would warn you of, based upon hearsay, is overdoing it, both in dosage and UV exposure. MTII is very powerful, and some people experience a very dark tan with little UV exposure and some even experience an outbreak of tons of moles. You might want to ease into things.

All that said, I hope you will use this thread to record your experience, because I plan on using this compound later on in the year and would like to see how another guinea pig fares first :wink:

I’ve also heard it gets rid of gray hair!

Good luck.

Thanks Cortes. I’ll let you guys know how it goes. I did inject a bit of air. I’m using a 28 gauge X 1/2 needle. I hope it was just an issue with the one vial. I don’t think I’m that retarded. It drew the sodium chloride [which came with it]up just fine. I have some bacteriostatic water coming my way which I plan to use to reconstitute the other vials. Hopefully, there will be no problems with those.

It takes a while to draw the reconstituted peptide. When I draw MTII - it draws into the syringe in drops.

You might want to start a little lighter than .5mg per injection and work your way up.

My wife is as white as a fish belly, and she would tan 3X/week at the start. Then she would back off to once a week to maintain the tan.

She swears by MTII.

Thanks for the info Rainjack. I’ll be more patient when drawing it up instead of getting ready to throw the damn thing through the window! Does she store the unreconstituted vials in the freezer or the fridge, do you know? I’ve been hearing conflicting things.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks guys. Technical problems with posts again…I had a question that I’m sure will show up soon.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Cortes wrote:
I am very interested in this thread, I’ve read some good threads on MTII before and it sounds like a great peptide. One thing I would warn you of, based upon hearsay, is overdoing it, both in dosage and UV exposure. MTII is very powerful, and some people experience a very dark tan with little UV exposure and some even experience an outbreak of tons of moles. You might want to ease into things.

You know, I never would have believed it possible for a whiteboy to become TOO tanned. I mean, I have been in Thailand for 6 weeks during their ‘summer’ period. I was black, however I still looked like a whiteboy with a good tan.

However, a guy at my local gym is living proof of MII fucktardedness.

He swears he only used 10mg and had about 6 sunbeds. He’s blonde BTW. He’s also not touched MII or UV beds for weeks.

BUT, he is so dusky now (not dark exactly) that his eyes “Look like two pissholes in the snow” as another gymgoer commented.

I mean the dude look seriously freaky. LIke a pakistani gentlemen with a blonde wig on, or something.

You know how if a dark-skinned person sits in a dark place, the whites of their eyes become really pronounced, by contrast, weeeell, he looks like that, all the time. You see the whites of his eyes at about 300 yards, hahaha!

So yeah, best build up slowly so you can guage the full effect.

Bushy[/quote]

Ha, haa, I was laughing my ass off at this one buddy!

Definitely take the light and easy approach JS, but you know that I’m sure. Bushy, did it ever give you extra moles?
I know it makes existing ones a lot darker and more prominent as a result, but does it actually add new ones like that? And can you answer JS querry about refrigerating and storing said mixture buddy?

Been fascinated with MII for a while. Like Cortes said, we've seen several very interesting threads and hope to see another here now. 

That's crazy about the guy you mentioned though Bushy, geez hopefully the numbnut gets back to his normal color at some point!

ToneBone

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Thanks for the info Rainjack. I’ll be more patient when drawing it up instead of getting ready to throw the damn thing through the window! Does she store the unreconstituted vials in the freezer or the fridge, do you know? I’ve been hearing conflicting things.[/quote]

We keep the unreconstituted stuff in the freezer just because it gets them out of the way. I don’t think it matters whether you keep it in the fridge, or the freezer. We’ve done both, and she gets dark no matter how we store the dry stuff.

I will give you this one bit of advice - when you are almost as dark as you want to be, cut the amount of MTII you are taking. She built up to 1mg ed, got to her desired color then backed off. She continued to darken. So back off just a little before your desired color, or you could wind up looking like Bushy’s friends.

Well, that is, assuming you don’t want to look like a damn guido.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Thanks for the info Rainjack. I’ll be more patient when drawing it up instead of getting ready to throw the damn thing through the window! Does she store the unreconstituted vials in the freezer or the fridge, do you know? I’ve been hearing conflicting things.

We keep the unreconstituted stuff in the freezer just because it gets them out of the way. I don’t think it matters whether you keep it in the fridge, or the freezer. We’ve done both, and she gets dark no matter how we store the dry stuff.

I will give you this one bit of advice - when you are almost as dark as you want to be, cut the amount of MTII you are taking. She built up to 1mg ed, got to her desired color then backed off. She continued to darken. So back off just a little before your desired color, or you could wind up looking like Bushy’s friends.

Well, that is, assuming you don’t want to look like a damn guido. [/quote]

Thanka man. About how long before she started noticing the changes?