Dumb and Dumber Prequel

The original “Dumb and Dumber” was a classic gut-buster. Jim Carey was at his best.
Does anyone out there know if the new prequel is going to have Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels in the film again?
I don’t see how you could pull it off without them.

No, it was something like Ashton Kutcher (or however you spell his name) and some other dude, I think. I’m not holding my breath, though… I don’t even think the Farrelly bros. are writing/directing it, but I could be wrong.

I pissed my pants in the movie theatre during the first one. I haven’t laughed that hard during a movie since then.

I can recite the original word for word, loved it. I’m afraid there’ll be no Jim Carrey or Jeff Daniels(my guess). They no doubt would be featured in the advertisments for the movie, unless the people in charge are idiots.

Ashton Kutcher is not in this and neither are Daniels or Carrey. Just a couple of unknowns.
The movie takes place in the 80’s and is all about their high school years, when they met, and battles with the school principal. Currently in pre-production.

I’ve watched the original “cane-whacking” hundereds of times now. I just love that swift thud and then Jim Carrey’s expression. Oh yeah, and Jeff Daniels’s wind-up.

One of the characters will be played by the blonde guy from “Not Another Teen Movie” (Eric Christian Olsen). He was the asshole football jock character. Not really that funny, pretty terrible actor. Don’t have high hopes for this flick.

The other guy (Derek Richardson) has never been in a movie, or otherwise, before.
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Richardson,%20Derek