DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Hahaha yeah, i wish i could eat that much food😂, cheers irishman

1 Like

Hey guys, had no internet. Feeling alot better and nutrition has been going well and resumed training yesterday.

2 Likes

Todays macros; yeah so not caring or bei g obsessive over anyrhing just eating a shit tonne. Sometimes il have chicken all day one day and not that much beef mince and inztead of alot of rice have lots of potatoes but for now im happy just eating alot. Funny thing is i havent had any protein farts or shits since starting this diet. My protein varies from 200-280 usually around the 250 range on average.
Another thing is im feeling awesome and my body is thanking me for eating alot of veggies. I eat stuff all fruit so i could do with some more of that. .

4200 calories
Fats 180 grams Carbs 367 protein 282

1 Like

How has your lifts been as of late?

1 Like

Well, slowly improving . I feel as if bench and overhead press is moving fastest at the moment and my squatting isnt but im taking it slow and steady and seeing how it goes.

1 Like

Felt like posting this so yeah, if i have a bad nights sleep il be fine if i ate alot the previous day. I tend not to sleep well so eating alot is doing me lots of good.

1 Like

Upper 2 ohp day
Welp felt like testing my max (not meant to be doing it and no it wasnt a true max i just wanted to see where im at.
About a month ago my pr was 40. Today i got 50×1 and i couldve grinded a bit more but id rather not do ugly reps
 Hopefully by the end of the year i can smash out a bodyweight ohp.
Some normal 4×6 sets

Pushups superset with incline press machine plate loaded
Dumbell Chest supported rows
Seated low row
Curls
Facepulls

3 Likes

Todays macros
200g F 315g C 201g P

3 Likes

Glute/hamstring focus Friday
Squat 80kg 3×3
Rdl 4×6 50kg
Cable pull throughs 32kg 350 method
Pullups between sets.
Had to stop there as im staying at my nannas house tonight and she picked me up from the gym. Mehh only had some lunges and abb stuff to do anyway.

1 Like

Todays macros
213 F 401 C 219 P

That’s awesome! Sorry if I missed this, catching up on your log now. Would you mind posting when you get a chance, what’s your current weight and goals with your diet? If you can eat that much and not blow up, more power to you man! Do you find it hard to get in that much dietary fat?

2 Likes

Well, my metabolism is super high and i am always insanely hungry and struggled with gains, so im eating 4000-4500 calories every day to gain weight. Scale weight is currently sitting at 80kg on average and i havent seen any real increases as of late . It’s to gain strength and muscle. My diet consists of eating alot of healthy food and no it isnt too hard to get in fats really. 11 days ago i started this diet but got sick so iv only been truly eating 4000-4500 since monday and its now saturday. So far i havent noticed any changes in scale weight or appearance but its only been 6 days. I must say though im feeling awesome, i have alot more energy in and outside of the gym and im feeling healthier also. If i dont gain weight il bump up my calories to 5000 .

1 Like

Here is what i ate yesterday rob.

Breakfast 3 fried eggs cooked in olive oil and 1 litre of lite milk

Meal 2: homemade crumbed chicken thighs cooked in olive oil 200 grams
Lots of veggies around 220 grams
1 cup of steamed rice

Meal 3
Chicken wings marinated that my aunty made
8 chicken wings
Bacon and veggie quiche 300 grams serving

Meal 4 a Chicken sandwich and 250 grams of greek yoghurt ( one cupish)

Meal 5
Chicken thigh cooked in olive oil 150 grams with sweet potato fries

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’ve had an impact on your diet but I like to think I did.

But yeah - if you eat a lot and don’t neglect fruits and vegetables, you are going to grow and you are going to feel awesome while doing so.

Personally I’m eating closer to three pounds of self-grown vegetables every day that I’m home (so usually for 2-3 days per week) and around one pound of vegetables they serve at in the army when I’m there. So in a week it comes to around 12 pounds of vegetables. That’s a lot of food, yes, but it also makes me feel good and stay healthy.

If you have the opportunity to grow your own vegetables by all means do so, they are awesome.

Keep grinding, you are doing great.

2 Likes

Thanks man, you have actually had a huge impact on me. Reading your log and how you went from scrawny to strong and huge is inspiring. I actually read in your log about eating alot of veggies etc which gave me the idea. So thankyou :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks man, I believe you’ll be strong and massive in a couple of years - you’ve got the mindset.

That’s great to hear! You’re welcome.

1 Like

That means alot coming from you man :slight_smile:

1 Like

I felt like it so here it is:
My two favourite movements would have to be romanian deadlifts and Overhead press.

2 Likes

I’d go with behind-the back deadlifts and overhead press

Would you care to open up a bit about why you chose romanians and OHP?

1 Like
  1. I enjoy them ,2. For overhead press there’s no better feeling then putting heavy shit overhead and feeling like a beast, for romanians it would have to be the stretch and how hard it hits the posterior chain which is awesome.
1 Like