DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

So you try to bend the bar around your back?

I have tried that and it makes my shoulders feel funky. I have also tried pushing up on the bar and that throws me off as well.

My cue for that is ‘shoulder blades tensed, strong grip’

All my cues are: (this is after walk out)

1. Inhale - fill belly
  2. Shoulder blades tensed, strong grip
  3. Knees out, hips back
  4. Chest up (I look myself in the eyes in the mirror)
  5. Don’t die. Don’t die. Don’t die :wink:

I don’t cue ‘break at hips’ or ‘break at knee’s’

I also used to be really conscious of keeping my knees from going over toes, but lately I have been more relaxed about that and funnily enough my left knee and hip flexor has eased up.

Now obviously I’m no fantastic squatter but I have nice bar path and submaximal weights are generally nice and smooth.

1 Like

This is a good cue

1 Like

Not really, unless I’ve got over four plates I barely grip the bar.

1 Like

Upper 1
85×1 50kg was supposed to be 60kg i fucked up my percentages and forgot my one rep max is 70 and this was way light anyways wont fuck up percentages next time

75% ×15 ( Wrong) percentage again 40kg
60 second rest
×10

Incline bench 350 method shoulder press grip/hand placement
30kg

Pendlay rows i tried today love these will keep in my toolbox.
4×6 60kg

Pulldown 350 method

Curls 350 method

Some prowler work.

3 Likes

So iv decided to set some strength goals for the rest of the year.
Squat three plates for more then 1
Romanian deadlift 2 plates for lots
Bench 2 plates for ten ish
Ohp my bodyweight
Pendlay row 2 plates for ten ish or another back row variation idk will see
Pullups +10 kg for a set of ten ish
Prowler push 100kg at a medium pace atm im using 60kg.

Now this may not be achievable but i can certainly give it a shot.

2 Likes

Hey dude, what do you wanna be when you grow up?

1 Like

Race is on

2 Likes

You will win haha

Personal trainer qualified especially for strength and conditioning /building muscle etc , start up my own gym or something in the far future and make it a hella good strongman/ powerlifting gym , with a real beastly vibe to it instead of these other gyms like snap fitness with the shitty music. ( i train at snap fitness and its a good gym but its full of noobs and theres only a couple of strong people, the rest are douchebag smith machine shrug/ curl bros. Or chicks that only do butt day and hog the squat racks and crap like that , the gym doesnt really have a motivating look to it. Also i would like to join the army down the track.

1 Like

The problem especially with the ohp is i keep gaining weight (which is good ), im 78 kilos right now and by the end of the year id probably be 83-85

Ditto. I never think about it, but my grip isn’t nearly as tight as my other 3 lifts. I also rarely break the bar, unless its max out time or 85-90% of my max.

I felt like I was the business when I hit 315 for 3 singles. Ahhh good times. Lol

2 Likes

Haha you’re pretty strong

meh. I feel like for someone who weighs as much as I do (roughly 93kgs), my lifts should be a lot bigger. But I also haven’t really been training for a long long time so I think I just have to be patient. And do my best to not get unacceptably fat.

2 Likes

My experience is these chicks always have the nicest ass. I like these girls.

4 Likes

I can agree. They are very proportionate to their bodies. Well the ones who know what they’re doing. I always see around 5 different types of chicks when I go to the gym.

1. Ones who are small/lean with a cute bubble butt
  2. Flat butt, trying to get a nice butt (so they get my respect)
  3. Fat chicks who have a big butt, but it doesn’t particularly matter (although they think they’re hot shit), because it’s like abs to a skinny dude as big butt is to a fat chick.
  4. Really built chicks who have massive legs and a big butt( personal fav, because they are usually the powerlifters)
  5. Chicks who specifically do butt day only but youd never even suspect they even train glutes
  6. Bodybuilder chicks who have butts you can bounce a quarter off of.
4 Likes

Yes i do like them i especially admire the cable kickbacks they do lol, im currently a bit mad at some of them because i was doing some machine rows the other day, i finished a set and had my rest period and they stole a plate off of it for leg press, also another time i was doing face pulls and i had a rest and they stole the rope so i had to wait.

Well you’ll get there in time . Just imagine how far youl be in 10 years! , at the moment im a bit of a chubba, especially when i eat a bunch of food i have a big stomach from eating, so it pops out. when i wake up in the morning i can see my top two abbs and a little bit of lower, then they disappear after breakfast unless im flexing lol.

1 Like

Hahaha this😂

I dont understand chicks that only do butt day, like isnt that boring why not at least do chest lol u can fill out demm A cups.

1 Like

Yea I’m in no rush anymore. I’m not fat by any means, but I’m muscular espeacially for someone my age, sex/gender, and height. And I’m extremely happy I put forth effort to stay around the 22-24% body fat range, but at the same time, having muscle with enough fat makes you look…well chunky-ish in some places. I’m not really tripping about it anymore because I realize with strength gains comes a certain amount of fat gain. It’s up to me to mitigate fat gains as much as possible. But on any given day when I sometimes run into people swear up and down I’m in the 160lb range when I ask them to guess, and accuse me of lying when I tell them I’m 40 pounds heavier, espeacially at a meager height of five feet even. I feel once I get to age 30-35 I can give powerlifting a rest and delve into more Crossfit type stuff (probably nowhere near as heavy as competitors), and conditioning. By then I’ll shred up something decent and go on about my day.