DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

None of you guys are pressing hard enough.

D, do the dopamine graduation effect.

Then at your prime, pick a weight that scares you and go 100/10. Park yourself under the weight, take 2 deep breaths and as you walk out, don’t lose the momentum and push with all your might. Squeeze your frame, arch your back and hold it there till you break the break the first 2 barriers.

1st barrier: Why isn’t it going up. Arch your back.
2nd barrier: Use your triceps to dig into the lift
3rd barrier: Cardiovascular and bodily resistance (oxygen to the brain)

Once you get it, never do it again, always with supra-maximal weights. You will feel nauseous and unfuckwithable after that, D.

Good luck.

I dont think this is a good move. Considering Duke has some shoulder issues, doing supra-maximal weight and sacrificing form to get it up could potentially make those issues worse. If he was more advanced maybe, but i think it is too risky. Thats just my two-cents, if he wants to do it then he can. If you disagree, let me know why cause im curious.

1 Like

As a reference, bookmarkable and funny read. It’s true. Use it when’s time. Since this is your decision, so go on then.

1 Like

Duke stop trying to grind up 1RMs on OHP.

You’re putting your shoulders through the ringer and you’ll end up with shoulder problems in your early 20s like I did.

It sucks balls, Duke. Don’t let it happen to you.

8 Likes

Yeah man, agree with @Yogi1 on this…

Work at sub-maximal weight to increase your strength.

Grinding those out is just begging for a FUBAR shoulder or a back strain.

4 Likes

I dont, this is the first time in months. Also it wasn’t really grinding ,it just went up 4 inches and i couldn’t move it any further. So i was forced to rack it. Next week im staying with my sister so il be off from the gym for a week. Thought i might as well see where im at with my pressing.

I value shoulder health and so i try not to do things that fuck my shoulders. Thanks for the advice man.

1 Like

nice post

Greatt day today.

I’m now Finished year ten and i get a seven week holiday. I can honestly say this has been the worst school year and year of my life but bring on next year. Ima do whatever i can to make sure next year is great!. Also I passed maths for the first time in 4 years because i knuckled down and studied

Todays training

Last training before i stay with my sister for a week.

Tried learning sumo Dl (Fail kept basically doing a wide stance conventional deadlift) :expressionless:

And some shoulder rehab like facepulls and pull aparts and shit because of yesterday incline bench incident. Shoudlers feeling ok i guess

And various other fluff

6 Likes

Awesome mate! It’s amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it :wink:

3 Likes

Nice work man!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

1 Like

ok well I guess I can let you off this one time.

Do try and take care of your shoulders, though. Little things like 3 sets of face pulls before any upper body workout can work wonders over time.

Seated press from the pins works wonders, set the pins at or just below your sticking point. Press from the dead start and put each rep back on the pins. Work up in sets of 3 until you reach a weight that won’t budge, start light and make small weight increases so you end up failing around your 8th set.

Its also good to set the pins a bit higher from time to time, just above head. That way you can overload the movement due to shorter ROM. Great tricep builder plus you get to feel heavier weights above head at lock out which builds confidence with them.

I fully agree you should make having healthy shoulders a priority, face pull and pull aparts every session!

[quot

@kd13 much appreciated! Hopefully with seated pin presses i can bust through my sticking point and drive my press up.

Thanks man. I always include them in my warmup and it has had a big impact.

@khangles So today’s been #roadtoshw and even bought a $10 nutella ferrero rochero donut.

Took a photo in the shop toilets because for the next week am enjoying myself and eating whatever i want . am i SHW or Road to #SHW yet ?

Also im cashed up af compared to usual atm and could nearly afford the $300 sbd belt… im also working next week on the farm and will get another couple of hundred then go back home next sunday.

Hmm or the pioneer belt… and maybe some sexy asf gym gear @guineapig what would you recommend?

3 Likes

Strong financial gains. Would go gym swag instead of an SBD belt if I was you. For that money you could buy 2 or 3 full gym get ups and then mix and match to last you for a while until you get bored. If you have the cash and want it go ahead but the performance isn’t that much better than a decent budget belt in the low one hundreds.

Maybe find a “look” that you reckon looks good to inspire you e.g. a certain sexy guinea pig.

Get yourself a nice shirt (not black because it’s slimming) at the very least because it’s so versatile and can go with any outfit, weather etc. A nice pair of shorts/pants/tights and kicks (unless you have em already) completes your swag and then you can accessorise until you are fabulous.

Get sexi mane.

or do you want that fuck boi look

3 Likes

Alright time for ultimate gym swaggg

2 Likes

Whats in the teletubby starter pack :smirk:

1 Like

I don’t fucking know probably some shit GIFs

4 Likes