DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Beast Genetics sell a good IPF approved belt for much less than Inzer or Titan. Only 10mm though.

1 Like

Loaded Lifting sell Pioneer now, but just the lever belt. A bit cheaper than Inzer too. Titan Australia are overpriced AF - you’d be better off buying a belt and some other kit from Lifting Large or EFTS and getting it shipped from the US, it’d be the same price. Or you could get a Shopmate account with Australia Post for free and get the order shipped there. Then you pay a relatively reasonable shipping fee to Australia @duketheslaya

@duketheslaya I had a quick look. Basic 13 mm single prong treated leather belt from Pioneer shopped to a Shopmate address and then sent to Australia from there would be around 180 AUD - that’s the Loaded Lifting discounted price for a Pioneer lever belt (the only option), not including postage. You’d get exact same price from EFTS for their P2 premium 13 mm single prong. Titan 13 mm Brahma from Lifting Large would run you closer to 200 AUD.

3 Likes

Yeah me too, keep it up mate

Patty wears an inzer I’m pretty sure, i can ask for you if you want?
My coach and one of our guys just each won their weight classes for SA’s (south australia not south Africa) strongest man. One uses a quick release buckle the other uses inzer lever I think. Maybe sbd lever

1 Like

What an effort from this legend. Have a like

2 Likes

Question to you strongmen and strong men

Is it worth Duke getting a belt at this stage? Keeping in mind he is an unemployed school age bloke with minimal coin. These belts cost a bit and even for a young man breaking into the world of strongman, are they important at this stage and if not, what could he work his money towards right now?

1 Like

@Irishman92 I’m a gear whore from head to toe so probably best not to get any recommendations from me

1 Like

This is a seriously good question, and IMO a belt is definitely not necessary yet. It might be useful, and learning to use it certainly is worthwhile but it isn’t necessary.

1 Like

Depends what he’s training. I don’t do yoke runs without a belt even at less than 50% for example. Plus my preference is to train as you compete as soon as possible but necessary is a different question.

If I was cash strapped, I’d buy the rogue 4" soft belt which is a fraction of the cost of a leather belt. I have a giants pro and the rogue looks like the same thing.

When I first got it, I thought WTF is this thing going to do but it does a pretty excellent job with deadlifts, squats and pressing and ofcourse any carry event.

I don’t believe there is a certain weight or age at which a belt becomes a necessity.
I do believe a belt ist important in strongman and out of all my gear it is the most important piece.
I don’t believe anyone ist going to say that it is necessary for Duke, BUT if he wants to spend money on lifting gear I would definitely advise getting a good leather belt first.

I can’t speak for soft belts, I don’t own one.

1 Like

Thanks mark. Im like really confused on what belt to buy atm lol. Whatever is good quality and suits general squats/deadlifts and also strongman events will do.

If shits just overpriced here then yeah might as well buy from the us.

$180 is pretty good. Thanks heaps for looking that up for me !

Thatd be good man thankyou!

I appreciate that man. Its like Christmas and my bday is february 2nd so il have some money to spend. I was just going to buy a belt, some straps, and maybe some other stuff then for my bday buy some good lifting shoes.

Anyway, at the strongman competition i went to everyone had a pair of straps, a belt and lifting shoes so i just presume i needed them.

Todays training.
Shitty sleep, got home had a nap then went to the gym. Set some prs.

Leg curls
Fromt squat up to 60kg ×3 pr

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcUXEDcBaw0/

Rdl 3×6 80kg
Walking lunges

Decline situps

1×20 PR
2×10

5 Likes

Yes, but they were lifting a bunch more. Honestly, if you’re going to shell out cash on training don’t buy a belt or anything yet. Buy some books. I didn’t even consider a belt until I was pulling four plates and squatting three.

3 Likes

Buy some tights. That is all

1 Like

Your feet look uneven(left foot more forward than right one). Otherwise looked easy. Good job!

1 Like

I feel quite poor now, I’m running a 10mm quick release buckle I bought online for 50 aud :frowning:

Hmm dont know if it was the bad angle or if my foot was uneven. Anyway thanks man!

1 Like

Hmm 
 what about for competition? I wasnt really planning to use stuff much in training and mainly just straps for deadlifts, and belt for dl and carries and such. I know when i change gyms and train stringman events they’ll come in handy.

What books would you recommend?

Make sure you learn how to breath and brace properly while doing loaded carries. Makes a world of difference and you probably wont even need a belt for em.

1 Like