DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Unfortunately not.

Yeah i started off barely being able to hit ten.
I do three sets usually. Last session i hit 15 reps in a set which was good.

??

?

Mate I nearly passed out from the heat on my way to a picnic yesterday. I guess Queensland is its usual warm and sunny self

Lol its rough hey. When i was younger i had epilepsy and nearly died quite a few times from the heat causing a fit. Australias fucked

1 Like

Y’know, in case the spiders, sharks, snakes or jellyfish want a break

4 Likes

Close grip bench day
Did something a little different to see where strength is at.
Worked up to two easy singles at 70kg on close grip bench. Max is probably at 80kg atm.
Il slowly work my reps up on 70kgs and see what that does. Bench is really annoyingly weak so il see how it goes.
Then some backoff sets
Incline bench 3×10

My shoulders are holding up good lately and have been feeling healthier then they’ve ever been.

Feet up flat dumbell bench 5×10

Superset of 100 total lateral raises and curls

Prowler conditioning

Lots of and lots of prowler till i Worked up to a new max of 140kg for 20 metres. So PR
Havent done these in ages but i must have gotten alot stronger. I used to use 60-100kg for prowler pushes.

6 Likes

Awesome work Duke, keep it up man!

1 Like

Thanks heaps man!

I remembered something @MarkKO and @simo74 said ages ago. If you increase your everyday strength limit strength will follow.
Thats why i get excited when i can RDL or prowler push more weight etc. One rep maxes on big lifts is still important but other things are too.

4 Likes

@Chris_Colucci do you know whats the go with this?

Apparently i cant like any posts for 418 thousand hours.

2 Likes

Physique update
Weighing in at 79kg still not lean but alot less fluffy then a few months ago. Having really been doing anything to lose weight and what iv been doing is eating lots of food and training hard so idk. Hopefully keep getting leaner and stronger while staying at same bodyweight.

Flexed abbs

Relaxed

Looking for a pic I posted a while back where i was a lot teletubbier @khangles lol

Edit sorry for bad lighting , my bathroom lighting is terrible.

Confession: I says to myself, 31 degrees?! Why the hell ain’t it snowin?! Ah
I says back to myself, they’re in Aussie Land, where all the shit is ass-backwards :joy:

3 Likes

I see abs

1 Like

For a while there i didnt train abbs. I was following the “compounds stimulate abbs enough” . iv seen alot of improvement by doing decline situps and abb wheel rollouts. Also getting less chubbier helps too.

Also in the last month or so iv been having a proper breakfast everyday. I used to just have cereal (being lazy etc). Now i have pork sausages, eggs, toast and milk. I think having a solid breakfast helps in losing chub as well.

#FatManAbs

#Teletubbylife

Serves you right for liking everything you can get your cursor on

Wait
 I can’t like stuff either

2 Likes

Whoops

1 Like

Looking good, junior. Definitely getting leaner.

4 Likes

just wanted to chime in on the belt discussion. I’ve had a few. Inzer was fine, but I like my pioneer better. They’re a better company overall, they get their belts out really quickly, have excellent customer service, and a TON of customizing options. To me, there’s no comparison between Inzer and Pioneer. Pioneer is a better company across the board.

I also have an SBD lever belt, and it’s better than anything else I’ve worn. It’s actually the only belt I wear right now aside from my rehband soft belt. Pwnisher’s point about getting it off quickly for medley’s is spot on, but I doubt that matters to anyone else in this thread but me and him. The only reason I have the SBD belt is because I bought it for half it’s original price from a friend. I wouldn’t have spent the 250 on it, but I was willing to do 120. I think the quality is excellent, but I still don’t think the price difference between it and Pioneer is worthwhile. If you’ve just got unlimited funds, cool. get it. it’s the best thing out there. But if money is of any concern, I’d pass and get a belt for less than half the price that is about 90% as nice.

2 Likes

I actually brought it up due to Duke’s expressed interest in strongman.

Good data points on Pioneer and SBD. I’m not presently in the market for a new belt, but next time around it’ll be worthwhile. I may need to get one to wear over my deadlift suit, since my Inzer is too small.

1 Like