DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Thanks man!, i go to school so i cant just bring milk , but il be consuming my milk with breakfast (then its a few hours till recess at school ), post gym and after dinner.

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend it

I honestly have no strong opinion one way or the other. If you think it will work (ie add muscle without excess fat), have at it. It seems like you are in a position where you have a pretty large margin of error in terms of what and how you eat at the moment, so if there is a good time to try GOMAD it for you it’s now.

On the other hand, I think GOMAD is a bandaid fix and not something you want to do for any longer than you need to. I think at your age, as long as you’re eating plenty of mostly decent food that’s all you need to be worrying about. If you’re in a slight caloric excess with adequate protein and training sensibly you’ll add muscle without adding too much - if any - fat.

3 Likes

Lol if i start getting way fatter i will definitely stop.

1 Like

Well il be doing it until i have the money to afford a regular diet. In the last few weeks iv cut out cakes, chips and all bad food. I just love food lol but i was eating too much junk. I dont get adequate protein daily either because im pretty much having to eat like everyone else in the house, (theres 6 people , my aunties daughter and her husband and two kids just moved in), the fridge is always full and i cant just eat everyone elses food, iv recently bought myself a real old cheap freezer and im storing milk in there.

2 Likes

Todays training close grip bench day ( my trices are weak and im not confident in using btn press as a main lift.
4×6 50kg
1 amrap 40 kg×10
Superset with kroc rows

Btn press 3×10 and pullup ladder

Incline db bench and machine rows 3×10

Shoulder and arms fluffy wuffy superset
Abzzz crunch machine 3×10

1 Like

Before gomad pics

Last one is for fun haha not an actual comparison pic for the future.

4 Likes

Just wait till you have your own place mate, you can put whatever you want in the fridge
 The down side is you’re going to have to cook it all too :unamused: lol

1 Like

Yeah lol meal prepping sucks. Im not complaining though, i get lovely home cooked meals and im never going hungry.

Lol I was just talking shit.
Good luck with the GOMAD thing though, look forward to seeing the results.
Just don’t start out lifting me by too much ay :wink:

1 Like

Cheers man, i wish I could outlift you sometime haha

Lol you’re starting a lot earlier than I did and you’ve got half of t-nation to help you out, you’ve pretty much got @MarkKO on call (I just wanted to see if he really was on call :stuck_out_tongue: lol) so I wouldn’t be to surprised if you do.

1 Like

Highly recommend KOBAD diet. Kilo of broccoli a day

9 Likes

I mean, I’m just fucking with you, but let me know if you try it haha

Yeah man! Tnation has helped me out extremely. I would still be training arms every day. I wish i was stronger then i am right nowbut i started off very very weak. I could only seated db shoulder press with 8kgs and now i can use the 25kgs for a set of 5.

hahahaha, yeah thats not actually too bad of an idea
 veggies are great :joy::joy:

When i first joined tnation i was a massive dick. ( i secretly still am), its people like @MarkKO whom have pointed me in the right direction and given me tonnes of useful advice. Hes been following my log from the start and helping out. So yeah thanks Mark!!

2 Likes

Milk has a really good macro split with a solid amount of protein so I can definitely see the appeal of downing a gallon (3.8L) of milk a day, but I also urge you to ease yourself into it.

You are a smart lad Duke, especially when it comes to training, so I’m sure you realise that 1 single gallon isn’t ideal for everyone, all the time. Some days you may need 2 Litres, other days you might have had a big couple of meals and not trained as hard therefore you may only need 800mL. Try to keep in you calorie surplus without being crazy and blowing your macros as well.

Another thing is to ease into this. I would personally take about a month or 2 to work up to that volume of milk
 Unless you feel like taking runny shits 5 times a day for the 1st few weeks.

And thirdly, keep in mind the body can only process so much protein at once before it gets filtered straight through you. No point trying to ‘make up’ your Milk volume in the last hour of the day by forcing down 3.5 Litres. Just a waste of milk and toilet paper.

Good luck though mate, and keep us posted!

3 Likes

Thanks man!, im starting off with 2-3 litres a day before i get up to the full 3.8. I can only buy 2litre and 3 litre milk bottles and thats convenient unlike two 2 litre bottles or one 3 litre and one 1 litre. Hopefully i get some good gains.

1 Like

Gomad day one (3 litres only)

I dont want to talk about shitting and such like if i get runny shits so il refer to it as gut health:

Gut health Excellent today.

2 Likes