DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

I dont think re routing the training is necessary for a bunch of ohp and pullups and burpees? Its more conditioning. Mind you we could take out the burpees and just do ohp and pullups?

Yeah youā€™re righr. I just got really confused about what was actually going on here.

Also, I reckon chins + burpees sounds fun, probably would be easier to recover from too

1 Like

Yeah man!, im thinking about making a thread for us youngsters lol whatdya reckon? For challenges ,General chat / Life stuff, training and whatever

@yargeeboy @strongmanbrett @j4gga2 @sjcimarauder2 @chriscori7

I am pretty sure thatā€™s how you get rhabdo. Though Iā€™ve trained that long in a day (double day). One time I did a twice a day then did some strongman stuff with some people. So who knows. I still feel four hours non-stop isnā€™t good, you gotta get some carbs, water, and electrolytes in you so you donā€™t die (or maybe Iā€™m out of shape).

1 Like

How young are we looking? I am a college student, and always open to do and say stupid shit.

2 Likes

I was thinking 14-25

1 Like

Perfect. Anyone feel like doing odd lifts? I want to race some to a 185lbs (front) sotts press.

1 Like

Sure!

1 Like

What on earth are these?

1 Like

Courtesy of our lord and saviour Klokov

I donā€™t really see the point of these other than strengthening the catch position of the Snatch

2 Likes

They can be done from the front too. But yeah, essentially just builds mobility along with stability in an extended range of motion, and ridiculous upper back development. Probably ridiculous core strength too, and obviously pressing strength/stability. Iā€™d imagine it hardly cuts into recovery (perfect odd challenge lift) and anyone who wants to go at it can casually press 185 cold standing already.

It is basically like a Z press, except for Weightlifters.

Man I wish I knew how to snatch properly, the oly lifts are so awesome. I can do a decent clean and powerclean but thatā€™s it. One day I might sign up to a club and focus on that style of lifting for a few months

1 Like

Itā€™s fun, but hard. Technique, strength, speed, more technoque, more speed, more strengthā€¦ Youā€™re basically always working on something, and the thing you always work on/like to work on typically isnā€™t what limits you.

Thats one strong dude!, also the lift itself looks very complex

Who, Klokov? Nah heā€™s only a multi-time olympian and medalist. And yeah, I can barely do a normal Overhead squat, let alone this sh**

1 Like

Yeah bloody hell haha

Yeah, I might be able to do the bar on a Sotts press, forget 185

1 Like

So, itā€™s decided that our first challenge will be max pull-ups in 10 minutes, do 5 burpees every time you let go of the bar? I feel like I have a chance at this, cause Iā€™m good at pull-ups, but my terrible conditioning might do me in.

Haha same man

Probably!, i dont know how good everyone else is at pullups but my max reps is 6 in a set lol