DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

I probably couldnt even swing a 40kg kettlebell?, unless you mean ibs

Sounds like a plan. It’s a deal! :smiley:

3 Likes

Alright, i suck at pullups and never do burpees so i think burpees and pullups it is then.

Wel set a time frame for us youngsters to do the competition, how about December 1st which is a friday.

That gives plenty of time to get better at pullups and burpees.

I also would like to include kettlebell swings for more death.

@yargeeboy @sjcimarauder2 @j4gga2 @strongmanbrett

2 Likes

Damn you future crossfit coach!!

1 Like

Oh lovely!, my squat one rep max is 100kg lol. , however i am now doing bulgarian split squats for a while and will return back to squats once my bulgarian plit squat strength is respectable.

50 squats with 80 kgs itd probably take me 2 hours

2 Likes

So max amount of pull ups in, like 15 minutes and five burpees every time you let go of the bar?

How do we get the kb swings in there, any ideas?

Well, I once told my client to do as many sets of 3 with back squats as he can with 87% of his daily max but I somehow forgot to add a time limit

Yeah, he called me after he had spend four hours squatting (he was a tough lad, I tell you)

That’s part of the reason I prefer to work in person as much as possible

4 Likes

Lol the poor client!!:joy:.

Maybe after the pullups and burpees, 500 kettlebell swings without stopping with a certain weight. An 8kg /17 pound kettlebell would be sufficient for us youngsters . The goal would be to get as many as you can without stopping.

1 Like

I don’t have kettle bells, could I substitute a plate?

1 Like

And I think we should go heavier on the swings. Let’s say a 16kg/35lb kettlebell.

1 Like

Ah nevermind then, i just really like kettlebell swings thats all.
Hmm perhaps wel just stick to pullups and burpees.

So as many bodyweight pullups in ten minutes and everytime you drop from the bar thats 5 burpees

could replace kettlebell swings with amrap of the bar On overhead presses in 10 minutes.

So thatd make the challenge a twenty minute challenge

How strict should the pull-ups be? I say strict form, because that just makes it easier to compare. If we allow swinging or partials everyone’s will look different and ti will be hard to judge how much cheating is too much.

1 Like

Agreed. Also if we were to do KB swings we could always do alternating sets of burpees and swings when you deop from the bar, but not everyone has access to the bells

1 Like

Yeah,full rom pullups but once you get tired a little sloppy form would be okay. Just as long as isnt to a severe degree like kipping etc.

Yeah man that would be killer!, but like you said not everyone has access to kb

So basically max Pull-ups in 15min With the burpees. What’s the protocol with KB swings and Max Rep OHP

1 Like

Do you think 15 minutes is too long for just pullups and burpeew? , i was thinking drop kettlebell swings as not everyone has access to them. Ohp would be Just the bar for as many reps in 10 minutes

This is getting overly complicated guys

Whats wrong with max pull-ups in 5, 10, 15 or whatever?

1 Like

Yeah i tend to over conplicate everything lol.

Are you meaning just pullups?
How is that much of a challenge. I thought its be fun to make an ultimate challenge and prepare for it for a few months. Itd be nice to see what we all can do !

Dunno about you man but busting your ass on any exercise for 10+ minutes is pretty hard. Plus I, and probably the other guys, would rather do a challenge that won’t need to reroute our training for a month or two. Anyone can fit pull-ups into their schedule. Crossfit-type WODs? Bit more specific

We do 1 pull-up, 1 Push-up for 2-3 minutes at Muay Thai. It gets the blood flowing.

1 Like