DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

It did. But than I came back with a vengeance and a little help from muscle memory… but it was mostly me. Haha

Well i did live on a farm, the worst job i had to do was clean out the underneath of a shearing shed (scraping sheep shit) you couldnt even stand up and had to bent over with a big scraper .other then that nothing too difficult compared to a physical labour job. And the shit scraping was done a couple of times a year so that doesnt really count.

Since it was family run ( cousins and great uncles etc) my mums dad and uncles owned the farm and we lived on part of it but the main farm was 20minutes away, when i did work for them it was mainly 6-8 hour days on weekends dealing with moving sheep etc, or random jobs like sweeping out sheds.

duke any ideas for our competition?

1 Like

No ideas really, what about a Challenge? Like maybe a certain weight on the prowler for max time without stopping (apart from turning the prowler).?

Thursdays and fridays training:
At my dads no gym all goods because he has an old barbell and weight plates up to 35kg so did a bunch of ohp and behind the neck presses. (Had to clean the weights as no rack)
on btn press no pain whatsoever lowering to my traps however it felt weird as hell!

Some pushups and curls and stuff

Friday
Incline hill sprints

1 Like

Do X plates on prowler for max distance in 10 mins or something.

1 Like

Picturesss

3 Likes

The prowler track is only about 10 metres so after the ten metres i have to switch the poles around.

Mines 5 lol.

1 Like

Lol r.i.p

I don’t have access to a prowler. How about something like Tim henriques’s valeria or Martin Rooney mantathlon

1 Like

No prowler man

1 Like

same

1 Like

Kettlebell swings challenge???

1 Like

Most consecutive swings with 40kgs?

1 Like

dont have kettlebells abovs 35lbs in my gym

1 Like

Why not just go with something everyone can do?

Like a barbell/movement with your bodyweight/half your bodyweight/twice your bodyweight for max reps in given time?

Say, squats with your bodyweight on the bar for 30 minutes

Or max number of pull ups in 15 minutes (either with added weight or just bodyweight)

Or if you are any it to be a living hell, go for 50 reps on squats with your bodyweight on the bar and after that do as many reps as you can before the time runs out

If you are masochistic, let’s throw in a “every time you let go of the pull-up bar, you have to do 5 burpees - rule”

Let’s say you get 30 minutes for that and the timer starts as soon as you are ready to begin squatting

(Obviously the guy who did the most pull-ups would be the winner here)

So the challenge would be:

30 minutes
First, 50 squats with your bodyweight on the barbell

Then max number of bodyweight pull-ups in the remaining time - every time you let go of the bar you must perform 5 burpees

Right now I’m contemplating wether or not I should become a crossfit coach

3 Likes

It’s only getting more popular (ie more lucrative) so get amoungst it!

In fact you could develop your own brand of it. A double rest pause style crossbuilding (you skipped the fit part in a war against ankle pain). You can call it ‘Irishman’s Crossbuilding’ and give me 80% of the profits :grin:

3 Likes

If you want pain, here’s an idea. As many burpees as possible in 10 minutes.

1 Like