DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Not real great. Wrestling hasn’t left me with much time for training on my own, and the lifting we do for the team is pretty retarded. I’ve lost about 30 pounds off my squat and dl in the last 3 months

Yes. My grip is my weak point, so my grip is always the first thing to die when I do complexes.

Complexes are as challenging as you make them to be.

1 Like

Damn that sucks man. Hope wrestling is going good

Steinborn squats
T-Bar rows
1 arm T-Bar rows
Meadows rows
Behind-The-Back Deads
Snatch grip deads
Regular deads
Jefferson deads
One-arm deads
Reeves deads
Any if the Deadlift variations with a pause or from a deficit or with the bar elevated on plates
Landmine presses
Lumberjack squats
(Just use a corner instead of a landmine)
Pendlay rows
Bent-over rows
Floor rows
Zercher deads
Zercher squats from floor
Anything following a clean - front squats, OHP, lunges etc
Pushups and it’s variations
Curls and reverse curls
Lying triceps extensions on the floor
Overhead tricep extensions
Upright rows
Snatch grip high pulls
Wrist curls
Glute bridge

With the bench you can do
CGB
Bench
Reverse grip bench
Decline bench (if it’s not bolted to the floor)
Seated military press/BTN press
Barbell pullovers
Lying triceps extensions
Hip thrust

You see, there’s a ton of stuff you can do, don’t set limitations on yourself just because your gym doesn’t have the newest equipment

2 Likes

Did you see this today?

2 Likes

Unless it pops up on Facebook i dont check the new articles often. Now i have seen it though. @jamie1888 thanks! The lack of delt work or posterior chain work annoys me but i could add that in.

I’d have to change saturday to a different day as sometimes id be staying somewhere else ( its mandstory to leave the boarding house every nwo and then, also theres excursions sometimes)

which means two days training the same muscle groups in a row (thats easy doable for me, i recover very quickly)

Thanks for that massive list man, i had to look up a couple of those to see what they were.

1 Like

Hook grip ez

Muscle Up on rings and Jefferson Deadlift would work really well too

Although muscle ups on rings for reps are far from realistic

But it’d work!

1 Like

Massive list of options here Duke. Try not to let all they choice go to your head. Pick a few major ones to really focus on and program in some simple progression. Then use a mix of the others as accessories.
Keep it simple, work hard and most of all enjoy the journey.

2 Likes

This is the program i was planning on doing. ( im allowed to pick my own exercises so that suits me well) its also good for limited equipment.

@danteism’s program. this is just the first portion, theres two more phases yet to be tested/released.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I think having a barebones gym is good to cut out all the fluff and really focus on the main stuff.

What exercises are you planning on doing?

1 Like

Thats yet to be determined. I start at the boarding house on tuesday so it depends how much weight plates there is.

When i had a brief tour their didnt seem to be enough for deadlifts . If there isnt it will be something like suitcase deadlifts/ one arm deads for my deadlift movement.

1 Like

Hey Duke
Settle in at the Boarding School, learn the routines over the first week or two.
Just go to the gym every other day or three. Work out and when you’re settled you are ready to lift. You’ll by then know what equipment you have.
You’re going to have a great time there, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Yeah whilst im settling in il just be going to the gym a few times a week, iv lost almost 7 kg so far since I’ve been out of the gym so i plan on regaining my strength and weight then start from there.

@mortdk i cant wait till i start actually. Im heaps excited man!

2 Likes

Try Reeves Deadlift, it’s hard as hell

Duke, you keep this positive attutude through life and the ceiling is the limit. People that are positive are infectous. Everyone will want to help you succeed. Keep it up man, you’re doing it right.

Sounds like you’re in a very good place at this boarding school. Take advantage of it and get everything out of it you can.

2 Likes

I was thinking those as well. Looks very good for building the grip and back.

1 Like

@IronOne Thanks brother!