DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Posterior chain focus

Rdl 3×6
With cable lat pushdowns 3×10
70×10 Pr couldve got more but saved energy for workout

60×12 amrap

Bodyweight Bulgarian split squats 3×10 superset with cable pull throughs 3×15 70ibs/31 kg

Pull throughs 1×20 80 ibs /36 kg pr

1×20 100 ibs/45kg even more pr death

Kb swings 3×15 16kg kettlebell

Decline situps 3×15

Good training session.

6 Likes

Wokeup with evil doms, mainly hamstrings.

1 Like

I completely agree that not testing until needed is great and safe advice.

To play devil’s advocate…

There are benefits to “testing” 1RMs.

1st and the most obvious is that it is the most sport specific thing you can do if you want to have a Xlbs 1RM at Y Lift.

If done to form failure (RPE 7-8.5) you are both testing safely but also practicing your goal. Injuries happen when form breaks down, not from the heavy weight itself.

Personally when I want to increase a 1RM I do singles with back off sets that taper off the closer I feel i am getting to my goals. When I think I am ready I will add a deload workout before the “Go Time” workout.

3 Likes

I find max effort work more helpful in this regard rather than 1rm testing personally.

1 Like

Ive decided fuck it and im going to do gomad. I was avoiding it for a while due to no space in the fridge but i never thought of just freezing the milk and defrosting it for each day. Milk in aus is $1 per liter so this works out cheap as heck.

1 Like

I think this guy has above average genetics for muscle gainzz but anyway il see how it goes.

I’ve done double gomad in the past (8 liters of whole milk a day)

Then I did organic gomad (4 liters of organic whole milk a day)

And now I’m drinking 4-6 liters of skim milk per day

For me personally milk has always worked well (especially organic whole milk, but it’s pretty costly) but that may not be the case with everybody. See how you react to milk. Some people get stomach aches and start gaining fat if they overdo milk but if that’s not the case you’re up for some serious gains in mass.

Just be rational when looking at your results, if milk doesn’t fit you, drop it.

1 Like

Holy shit man!, how did you drink that much!!?

Im definitely thinking it looks like an awesome option but il just have to see, hopefully it results in some epic gains and not just turning into a fat blob.if i do get too fat il drop it.

1 Like

How important is timing though,i cant drink milk whilst at school so majority will be in the mornings and when i get home from school and at night.

1 Like

I have a big appetite

Obviously I didn’t start off drinking 8 liters a day, I started with three and built up to it

If you do 4 liters per day just drink a liter or so per meal (excluding meals just before and after training)

I never made milk a separate meal and I feel like getting it down with the meals was the best way to do it. It’s just that having something solid each time you eat (apart from peri-workout nutrition) that makes you feel a lot stronger and healthier

1 Like

That whats i was thinking too, id probably throw up in the gym.

Thanks man! I love milk anyways lol

2 Likes

Good luck with the gomad, I used to do it, maybe more than a gallon. I drove a truck for a living back then, so the constant pissing like a racehorse was annoying, but lifts went up constantly. I found it bes to down 600ml at a time, between meals to avoid wasting fullness for meals.

1 Like

Thanks man!, i go to school so i cant just bring milk , but il be consuming my milk with breakfast (then its a few hours till recess at school ), post gym and after dinner.

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend it…

I honestly have no strong opinion one way or the other. If you think it will work (ie add muscle without excess fat), have at it. It seems like you are in a position where you have a pretty large margin of error in terms of what and how you eat at the moment, so if there is a good time to try GOMAD it for you it’s now.

On the other hand, I think GOMAD is a bandaid fix and not something you want to do for any longer than you need to. I think at your age, as long as you’re eating plenty of mostly decent food that’s all you need to be worrying about. If you’re in a slight caloric excess with adequate protein and training sensibly you’ll add muscle without adding too much - if any - fat.

3 Likes

Lol if i start getting way fatter i will definitely stop.

1 Like

Well il be doing it until i have the money to afford a regular diet. In the last few weeks iv cut out cakes, chips and all bad food. I just love food lol but i was eating too much junk. I dont get adequate protein daily either because im pretty much having to eat like everyone else in the house, (theres 6 people , my aunties daughter and her husband and two kids just moved in), the fridge is always full and i cant just eat everyone elses food, iv recently bought myself a real old cheap freezer and im storing milk in there.

2 Likes

Todays training close grip bench day ( my trices are weak and im not confident in using btn press as a main lift.
4×6 50kg
1 amrap 40 kg×10
Superset with kroc rows

Btn press 3×10 and pullup ladder

Incline db bench and machine rows 3×10

Shoulder and arms fluffy wuffy superset
Abzzz crunch machine 3×10

1 Like

Before gomad pics

Last one is for fun haha not an actual comparison pic for the future.

4 Likes

Just wait till you have your own place mate, you can put whatever you want in the fridge… The down side is you’re going to have to cook it all too :unamused: lol

1 Like