DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Ya man, those are things you will learn as you go. I’ve forced myself into the weight room with the same thoughts…usually backfires!
I know everyone preaches consistency, but missing 1 workout here, or 1 workout there due to illness or other obligations isn’t the end of the world. It’s when that 1 missed workout turns into a week, and then turns into you falling out of the ‘consistent’ category. Keep up the grind when you start feeling better. Sometimes when I’m feeling sick, doing some NEPA helps me out.

I go for some brisk walks, overdressed for the temperature, and try to ‘sweat it out’. Nothing taxing, but something to get my body moving. Also, drink a shit ton of water.

2 Likes

Thanks dude i been drinking lots of water. Should be right by tomorrow

2 Likes

Felt alot better today. Training as per norm but still a bit weak but made it through my sesh:
Il just call these upper body days for now on: so upper 2
Lat pulldown 4 sets 10 11/20
Im supposed to do either pullups or chinups but i tried doing one n idk couldnt do amy.??
Chest supported row 3 sets 10
17.5 kg
Low row 3 sets 10 11/20
3 sets 10Flat db bench 22.5kg
3 sets 10 db Incline bench 20 kg
Seated shoulder press 17.5kg
Biceps drop set.
This is being added to my toolbox definitely.
What i did was do as many reps as i could normal bicep curls then switched to hammer and did as many as i could. Then i dropped the weight and kept continuing etc.
Got a nice pumo and good time under tension.

Next week im bumping up the weight on my back stuff as per usual but chest and shoulder weight remain the same.
(Being sick made my energy kinda sucky)

Food:
Breakfast lasagne, Bowl of cereal
+Shake
Recess at school greek yoghurt, nut bar, fruit
Lunch chicken and veggies
Afternoon fruit ,biscuits and other crap i could find.
Post workout shake
Dinner this beef noodles dish i had two bowls then an hour later had another one.
Before sleep caseim

Does anyone know a good training method to beef up my triceps. There really small and considerating rhey make up 66 oercent of the arm or whatevs my biceps shit on my triceps. It should be the other way around.
Also should i start training rear delts. My front and whatever the other delt is are quite jacked but rear delts are barely there

Dips, skull-crushers, cable/band pulldowns, and heavy close-grip bench/seated OHP are my favourite exercises for triceps.

Don’t start focusing too much about the details just yet, but band pullaparts/facepulls or you can look up John Meadows “Rear Delt Destroyer” set on here that is a good workout for rear delts.

2 Likes

Im currently doing reverse grip smith bench and these are good. And the rear delt destroyer sets look good il give those a go☺

Legs.
I really hate legs for some reason i have no motivation and i just dont even put effort in. I know this is extremely stupid because training legs releases growth hormones and promotes overall more muscle growth and total body strength.
Not even gonna say ehat i did because i just wen to the gym and did f all and did a few sets of squats then just sat on my phone.
Not impressed with myself

1 Like

Food for today.
Breakfastleftover beef noodles bowl of that+ cereal bowl protein shake
Recess at school greek yoghurt ,nut bar, fruit
Lunch chicken and veggies
Afternoon pizza ,donuts,chips
Post workout shake
Dinner chicken curry
Before sleep casein

You’re eating pretty well, seems like enough calories at least. Just got to keep being consistent and by the time you’re 18-20 you’ll have a huge head start on most people.

How much do you weigh and have you been gaining weight?

2 Likes

Yes i try to eat alot. Even more then i state usually (the addition of random snacks)
73 kilos as of today apparently, but the scales are a bit dodgy so i donno. Was about 68 a few months ago and this month iv gained over a kilo-2 kilos i think

1 Like

Gaining weight, alot of mass on my chest and shoulders and my erectors,traps grow good. Lats are doing ok. And the others arent there much. My traps dominate my back. It isnt just the upper portion its the lower and mid traps as well. Quads and glutes are good, hamstrings growth has been ok. Calves are sucky. Forearms good , biceps good, triceps not so good.

1 Like

Could be worse.

This will change the more you get into training. You have read that training legs has huge benefits, but until you start EXPERIENCING this, it really is tough to enjoy the pain caused by a good leg day. Once you reap the benefits of such pain in the weight room, that pain is welcomed with open arms.

Want to hate leg day even more?
20rep/widowmaker squat sets with up to 70% of your TM

3 Likes

20 rep squats well damn

Yeah, not that my legs are puny. Just some days i go all out on keg day then some i just be a wimp and do nothing. Today was by far the worst but if i really wanna milk them beginner gainzzz then gotta hit legs hard.

I have a question will cardio kill my gains, i want to start running again (used to run laps of 400m oval) i enjoyed running but im scared itl kill my gains.

Same here, bro

2 Likes

Try doing sprints instead.

I’ll also second 20 rep squats. Or a total of 50 reps in no more than three sets.

1 Like

Food for today
Breakfast:
Toast, cereal,eggs proteinzz shake
Snack
Chicken sandwich
Lunch chicken sandwich ×2
Afternoon frui not much really, protein shake
Dinner because didnt have much afternoon i had 4 bowls of this pasta dish with bacon and some cheese sauce. Tasted pretty good

Went shooting today!

Dont know if u can notice my traps but yeah had my mate take a pic.