DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Feeling kinda depressed. Aunty and mum tofaysaid that i look the same as i did a month ago. And that i only look like iv lost fat since i started. Am i just wasting my time. I thought id gotten a little bigger and my friends have noticed. Are my friends lying to me? I walked out of tje gym the other day (after leg day ) and my mate who i hanged out with said “your arms are huge” i had no pump whatsoever. So im really confused. Im very self conscious

Seriously mate, calm down. I’ve been with my wife for over five years, she wouldn’t notice if I lost 50lbs.

Actually, I have lost 50lbs and she only noticed by looking back at old photos and pointing out how chunky my face was compared to now. Point is, unless fitness is something you are passionate about, most people won’t notice.

3 Likes

Fair enough just was a like a smack to the face. True tho il try not to worry. I guess the mirror can be the ultimate judge if im making gains, and clothes of course😉 also scales

1 Like

Mirrors and Measurements are the best.

1 Like

I really like the gym to application of real life things like how i can carry all of the shopping now lol. Im always had good arm strentgh though
(Forearm strentgh of a teenager) :joy::joy:

This is the only reason to lift unless you’re doing it for some competitive reason.

1 Like

Exactly!

Or vanity sake, ain’t nothing wrong with wanting to look jacked. Just saying.

4 Likes

Well didnt eat much today :
Breakfast protein shake
I dont actual remember I think i had nothing
Snack greek yoghurt
Lunch chicken
Afternoon nothing protein shake
Dinner sausages and steak
Before bed casein

Today was wayy lazy. Always on weekends because schools not on my energy isnt being consumed so im not even hungry.
Or i just forget to eat.
Admittedly i am a big eater but sometimes i cant be bothered eating.

I aint gonna get swole if i dont eat.

Woke up sick.
Trained inthe morning but i must say aint ever doing that again.
Felt extremely weak and thought all the weights were going to kill me. Also i had no energy all day so definitely keeping my workouts to afternoon.
Back/chest/shoulders
Weighted pullups 4 sets. 1st 5
2nd 5 3rd 5 4th 4. 5 kg
Chest supported row 3 sets 10 17.5 kg
Low row 3 sets 10 11/20
Flat db bench 22.5 kg
4 sets 10 i didnt make that at all forst set was 8 second 5 third 4 fourth 2
Incline bench 4 sets 10 20 kg i struggled a bit but managed it.
Seated db shoulder press 17.5 1 set of 10 made this set.
This whole workout sucked. Feeling sick as i said but i think working out in the morning takes its toll because im not a morning person.
Definitely not happy with this workout.

My post wasn’t meant to be taken seriously!

Duketheslaya’s post just tickled my funny bones because I had the exact same reaction when I found myself capable of carrying everything I bought at Costco from the car to the house at one go instead of taking 2-3 trips a long time ago.

3 Likes

Food:
Breakfast
Couple bowls cereal,toast protein shake
Recess at school
Greek yoghurt, apple,banana, biscuits
Lunch chicken and veggetablesn and protein bar
After school sandwich
Dinner beef stir fry and noodles
Casein shake before sleep

I’m not a fan of morning training either, but it’s morning or nothing I’ll do mornings. You get used to it.

1 Like

True for now il be afternoons though

Theres a bug going around my school which i seem to have got😡 has set me back alot .
But never skipping a session. It actually made me feel worse but there is no excuse to skip workout.
Legs:
Dumbell romanian deadlift 35 kg a hand. (Max dumbells in gym and this feels light )
Smith squat 4 sets 10 70 kg
I was supposed to be doing 73 whoch is the next weight i can fo up to but on all my sets i got 5 reps barely. Being sick had taken its toll.
Lunge 17.5 killo dumbells 3 sets 8-12
Did half the reps im meant to get.
Goblet squat 3 sets 15-20 used a lighter weight than normal 15kg i just managed to get the reps.

Not happy hopefully by Thursday (next training session ) il be feeling better otherwise im going to have to reset and do this weeks weight next week.
Food:
Breakfast few bowls cereal, toast, protein shake
Recess at school greek yoghurt,protein nut bar, apple,banana
Lunch chicken vegetables
Afternoon two sandwiches ham n cheese
Post workout protein shake
Dinner lasagne 3 bowls
Icecream for dessert.

That is exactly the reason to miss training. You don’t get points for making yourself sicker.

3 Likes

I like Skip Hill’s traffic light system for deciding how/if to train:

• green light: train as normal - sickness is above the throat (blocked nose, headache, etc)
  • yellow light: train, but reduce intensity, possibly volume because otherwise you risk pushing into the red zone - sickness is in the throat and above (sore throat, etc).
  • red light: no training - sickness has moved below the throat
2 Likes

Ah silly i should have not trained.

Didnt go to school today.
Had thirteen hours sleep which was good
Woke uo feeling sick as but slowly feeling better today, should be right for tomorrow hopefully. Anyways Food for today:
Breakfast few bowls cereal, toast ,shake
Snak greek yoghurt,nut bar ,fruit
Lunch chicken and veggies
Afternoon lasagne
Dinner Steak, mash potato,veggies i had two plates was good.
Casein before sleep

1 Like

I donno i suppose i had thoughts in my head that are"if i miss this session i will miss out on gains"
I realise that was really silly especially since the workout did nothing but make me feel worse so that kinda contradicts itself😅

1 Like