DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Wow thats really cool .i also have been doing some inclime sprimts and things like that on my rest days which is probably useful as well

1 Like

@MarkKO im right handed and of course id expect muscles to be slightly bigger on one side. But my right pec is nice developed and swole whilst my lef pec is like a flabby fat man boob with hardly any mass like id say at least an inch and a half of more development on my right pec and even the lower oart is there but on my lef it isnt. It really pisses me off i can notice it even with a shirt on. No one emse does but they have when i pointed it out.

I dont know how to fix it. I tried adding extra sets for my left oec but that did nothing but burn uo energy really. And i always feel way more doms in my right pec then my left.

Iv even been considering just ditching my right oex work for a few weeks and just do left but then thatd affect my shoulder oressing leading to my right shoulder (triceps being a secondary muscle in pressing movements) to be fresh and stronger than my left which would make my right tricep geow more in size and strentgh ans shoulder so id have even more muscle imbalances

Every time i train my chest the imbalance just gets worse and if i dont start fixing it now its going to get alot worse

I’m not @MarkKO but what I would do is replace some of your usual pressing exercises with single arm versions. Start with your weak side, in your case left, and then match however many reps you do with your left with your right. This way you’re not using one side any more than the other. Perhaps if it’s as extreme as you say, which I doubt, even do a few less reps with your right side.

One other thing to try which I have done myself is just force yourself to use your weaker arm. I used to carry everything left handed (strong arm) and developed a lot of tightness in my right trap due to it somehow. I started using my right for basically everything and now the tightness is minimal. Could be coincidence but it’s an easy thing to change.

I suspect Mark will have a much better answer but this is what seems sensible to me.

2 Likes

Hola dukey, have a photo of said chest imbalance?

2 Likes

@duketheslaya yes, the sprints will be useful. With your pec issue I have little experience of this. I’d suggest trying to do some work to activate it, even if it’s just learning how to flex it by itself. Also unilateral work, like one armed DB bench or something. I actually noticed my right pec seems smaller but I’m not fussed: my solution is to make both bigger and everything around them bigger.

Alright cheers im going for my gym sesh now. And no it probably isnt that much of a difference but it looks like it for me.

Thanks everyone il be lifting every dumbell or weight or anything in everyday life with my left arm from now on and that should help definitely

Btw does walking fast inthe hot aussie weather for about 800 metres to the gym cout as a warmup lol

can u see imbalance? ?

Well, you’ll have gotten warmer. No, not really.

1 Like

I can’t see anything. Taking a photo at an angle like that though is going to favour one side though anyway.
I wouldn’t worry about it and just train as usual.

2 Likes

Aw damn i just really hate warmups but gotta do it lol. Anyways todays workout.:
Pullups 4 sets 1st 12 second 10 third 10 4th 9
Dumbell chest row three sets 10 15 kilo each hand.
Low row 3 sets 10 on 10/20 (whole stack is 100 kilo so thats 50.) Felt not really intense but next week il go up to 11 or possibly 12.
Incline db bench 20 kilo 3 sets 10
Flat db bench 17.5 kilo 3 sets 10
Dumbell shoulder press (i do them seated cos i can use more weight but apparently standing is better )
4 sets 10 15 kilo
Side lateral raises 2 sets 20 . 4 kilo
Incle kettlebell curls superset wirh standing curls 12 kilo

1 Like

Everything felt kind of light today and after my workout i hanged out with some mates and did sprints and beat them all.
Definitely need to add weight if i can still have that much energy left then i aint trainin hard enough lol.

1 Like

Often its not the volume of the workout its the intensity that really matters. I keep wanting to add more volume but i dont know. I have so much energy all the time

Im deciding or not whether i should add more shoulder work in my workout but they seem to be growing ok. Or add more chest sets . Idk iv gotten stronger and gained a little bit but il keep going with this. I feel like my body has gotten used to the workout because for the first few weeks it was intense and tough and now its kinda easy even tho iv been adding weight etc.

Guess i should log my food!
Today breakfast few bowls of nutrigrain and toast and a protein shake.
Recess at school protein nut bar,apple,banana, greek yoghurt
Lunch chicken and rice and veggies
Afternoon ham and cheese sandwich
Workout
Post workout shake

Dinner some kinda pasta dish i had about 3bowls of that

1 Like

And my dumbell weight is with each hand not total just wanted to clear that up.

You’re making some serious progress here in both attitude and physical.

I think your chest imbalance is more in your head than anything. After a workout, I sometimes looks like a lopsided mess as some of my muscles or sides of by body pumped up and held the pump longer than others. This is often specifically true for my chest.

Story time:

One day in University I woke up realizing I had not brushed my teeth. I get out of bed and head to the bathroom. As I start brushing my teeth I notice my one pec is significantly swollen. It was even hard to the touch. I go back to my bedroom where I had a lady friend laying there and asked her if she could confirm that my pec was swollen and I wasn’t just still intoxicated or overthinking it.

She took one look, and the look on her face turned to horror. I went back to the bathroom to investigate further. Keep in mind, I have a weak stomach and get very queasy over weird shit like this.

As I am finishing brushing my teeth I start feeling a little light headed as I’m picturing a torn pec and all the other potential/unrealistic reasons that my pec is exploding. I sit down on the side of the tub, call out for my lady friend to come help me, but realize it is going to be too late before I black out.

I yell at her to move out of the doorway as I say I’m going to make a run out of the bathroom, through the kitchen, down the hall and flop onto my bed and nicely pass out for the night.

I got up off of the tub started sprinting out of the bathroom and passed out face down on the kitchen floor.

I came to in under a minute and she was freaking out saying we need to go to the hospital. Not a chance. Limped my way the rest of the way into my bedroom and had a fantastic sleep. The pec was enlarged for 3-4 days following this.

This was a direct result of pushing chest day pretty hard, then I had her massage my chest before we went to bed because it was pretty sore. She never gave me another massage after that

So anyway
not sure where I was going with that, but I too have had a big boob before. It might just go away.

4 Likes