DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Didnt walk but instead did (at home i have an old crosstrainer)
1 minute cross trainer
5 pullups
1 minute cross trainer
5 pullups 5 pushups
1 minute cross trainer
5 pullups 5 pushups 5 bw lunges
1 minute cross trainer
5 pullups 5 pushups 5 bodyweight lunges 5 squats
1 minute cross trainer as fast as possible
50 pull aparts

1 Like

Anyone know amy good leg stretches? Or anything good to get rid of knots in quads. Also something for hamstrings and glutes

Knots in quads: roll on a length of PVC pipe around 15 cm in diameter. Hurts like crazy but gets the knots a treat.

Glutes and hams: stretch by touching your toes while seated on the ground with locked out knees. Pull your toes towards your. Also sit on the ground with knees at forty five degrees and toes pointing up. Hug your knees, and while doing so straighten your legs pulling your chest down with them.

1 Like

Thanks mark!
I dont quite understand this one though

1 Like

I didn’t explain it particularly well.

Sit on the floor. Stretch your legs out in front of you, toes pointing up. Bring your knees up to your chest, keeping your toes pointing up. Hug your thighs, your wrists should be basically behind your knees with your hands holding your wrists and your chest resting on your thighs. Now start straightening your legs while keeping your wrists in your hands and chest on your thighs.

That works really well!
Thanks mark love your advice as always😊

1 Like

Always happy to help mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nutrition: shitty
Breakfast two eggs and two cups of milk with two cups of oats

Snack
A tomato then ate some chocolate
Lunch steak, veggie and noodle stirfry
Afternoon steak , veggie and noodle stirfry
Dinner nothing because mum said the stirdry was for dinner but im saving it for tomorrow afternoon and lunch.
So i drank lots of milk

Im just lazy when i could have cooked something

Also out of eggs so dont know what to have for breakfast but will find something

If you have protein powder, a go-to quick breakfast for me is PROATMEAL!

1+ cups of quick oats mixed with 1-2 scoops of protein. Then I just boil water and add the water to the bowl to the consistency I want. Sometimes I’ll toss a TBSP of natural nut butter in there as well. Barely any time/effort involved.

4 Likes

Thanks ! Il use that for when i do have protein powder :sob::sob: ran out ages ago and im poor now cos i suck at saving money haha

I have decided that my new focus is not to get big i will stop being so obsessive over it because once i get to a certain strength level i will be big. il just focus on strength. As long as i get stronger like i have been il be happy.
I shall eat to be satisified and i wont bother tracking food at this point. Im not fat and i havent gained any fat for ages. So with my metabolism i wont get fat or big at this point. It is am excuse i must say but im not going to bother with being big.

1 Like

I’m more lazy than this. I’ve recently discovered this snack/breakfast:

1/2-1 cup instant oatmeal—I have a Magic Bullet and I use it to blend this into the consistency of flour.

1-1.5 scoops of protein powder
1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk

After turning the oatmeal to flower I blend it all together. It makes a nice medium-thick shake and it’s actually a little bit satisfying as far as filling me up. It’s also a great macro bomb pre- or post-workout

2 Likes

I finally tried the egg white thing in the oatmeal stuff - at the end of cooking oatmeal, whisk in a few egg whites and it acts as a thickening agent while adding protein. I’m sure @duketheslaya’s mum has a few eggs laying around the house.

I also add honey, bananas, and almond butter.

1 Like

I propose a counter view: focus on being awesome!

Being strong is awesome! Being jacked is awesome!

Don’t feel you need to exclude one type of awesomeness for another. Just be awesome!!!

6 Likes

Of course you have to get stronger to get bigger and vice versa. The idea is to not fall into one of two extremes modes of thinking which is all I seem to see on the internet:

1. Doing only limit strength training with only a few movements while modifying your technique for the sole purpose of moving the most weight.

2. Doing only high volume pumping stuff without adding weight to the bar.

Re: diet

1. The rate of muscle YOU can gain is GENETIC. You should be eating a caloric excess that allows you to gain the amount that YOUR genetics enable you to. You also have the benefit of youth on your side. If you are gaining too much fat, cut back on calories. If you are gaining mostly muscle, continue with the way you are eating.

2. Your fast metabolism simply means you need to consume more calories. If you cannot eat enough, you will never get big no matter how strong you get. Your strength will also stall once you have maxed out the amount of strength you can gain with your existing amount of muscle.

3. You should be tracking at least total calories and protein until you are familiar enough with all this to eat instinctively. This also acts as a reference for the future when your gains or strength levels slow and you can go back to your log and see what you were doing then.

6 Likes

This. Note he said tracking, not limiting. If you track total calories, you’ll have a better idea what your maintenance is and you can then adjust accordingly to affect weight changes, either loss or gain. It’s important to know what your maintenance is.

Myfitnesspal is a free app for your phone and it makes this really easy to do.

I think your idea, to get strong and not worry so much about getting bigger, is good. Just add in a few controls, like tracking calories, logging workouts, adding weight to the bar, and you’ll see some excellent progress.

Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Rock on brotha.

4 Likes

Thanks yogi!!

1 Like

Thanks! I downloaded the app , i have beenntrackingmy workouts, adding weight to the bar/dumbells etc but i must stay focused on the food. Il stay consistent on it for like a week then il just go to shit and eat barely anything or just not care for a few days etc so i gotta keep on that!!

Thankyou @dt79

1 Like