DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Thanks man! Now to look like i lift without a tight shirt hahašŸ˜‚ thats a challenge. I used to think id look like arnold from one month due to magazines like muscle& fitness and other propaganda of fake expectations for someone not enhanced . now i realise itl take me years to get decently big

2 Likes

Nutrition Good but hungry asf and need to eat at breakfast:
Breakfast nutri gains ( haha see what i did there) :joy:
Recess greek yoghurt, protein nut bar ,apple and banana
Lunch garbage can chilli with rice protein nut bar
Afternoom garbage can chilli with rice
Dinner spaghetti bolognese
Before sleep casein.

Estimate of 2800 calories for the servings of what i ate. Need to get to 3500 everyday cos im hungry asf and dont feel im gaining much weight. Might drink lots of milk but hard to do because of school.

why would this be hard? genuinely curious. I drink about 3/4 gallon of milk per day, and I only drink it when Iā€™m home and awake. Which is like 4 hours per day. Anytime you walk by the fridge, just pull the gallon out and start chugging. Milk in high quantities has been one of the biggest difference makers for me over the years.

2 Likes

Actually no thats not even hard thanks for pointing it out.i just thought because i had to consume it evenly throughout the day or something

1 Like

:joy:

Nutrition: okay
Breakfast milk, weetbix
Recess greek yoghurt
Lunch nothing ( i forgot it at home as well as all my other food)
Afternoon two cheese toasties and milk
Dinner 4 Taccos
Drank about 1 litre of milk. Wish i didnt miss lunch and lucky i wasnt training today cos i was hungry af from missing lunch.
But got calories in from afternoon up so im happy with that

Fucking LOL!

PS good job on the gains, dude

1 Like

So hereā€™s my general philosophy on food, and you can take it for what itā€™s worth, as nothing is universal. BUT.

I donā€™t think nutrient timing is particularly important, outside of pre/during/post workout. That part matters. But outside of that, I donā€™t even care all that much about hitting daily numbers, as long as calories are generally in the same neighborhood throughout the week. I find that as long as Iā€™m hitting a big number of calories by the end of the week, Iā€™ll grow, as long as I make up for shitty eating days with some really good ones that week. So if I donā€™t even have to be perfect with my macros every day, I certainly donā€™t have to nail each meal.

This applies to a lot of things in lifting. If you get a lot of the basics right, and youā€™re consistent over a long period of time, you can make a lot of small mistakes and they wonā€™t be particularly detrimental.

8 Likes

Duke, write this down or print it off and stick it on your wall.

3 Likes

Lol Thanks bro!

Sometimes i get all assed up about " oh no i ate a shitty breakfast il get no gains " etc so this puts my mind to rest haha thanks!

1 Like

Back/Bicep
Warmup
Exercise bike
Pull aparts
Hammer curls super light

Chins . 4 sets of none i did some then my elbow was cracking and feeling fucked so i didnt do any ( switching to after db rows because il be way more warmed up)
One arm db row 3 Ɨ10 22.5kg
1 Ɨ5 30 kg ( wanted to see how heavy i could go)
Low row Cheat and recover (thanks Scott hermann)
3 Ɨ 8 14/20 cheat reps controlling the negative. then drop weight and do 8 solid reps 9/20
Lat pulldown cheat and recover
13/20 then 7/20 3Ɨ8
Didnt have time for curls.

RIP arms,

3 Likes

Small biceps forever

Nutrition: mmm today was tasty lol
Breakfast 500ml milk + weetbix
Recess greek yoghurt, protein nut bar, apple , banana
Lunch 2Ɨ chicken sandwiches and protein nut bar
Afternoon 500ml milk , steak pie and icecream
Dinner chicken legs, rissoles and veggies.

Dessert chocolate pudding

1 Like

Hungry af right now so drinking milk

Easy Bro. There are enough assholes out there ready, willing, and able to make you feel like shit so you donā€™t need to do it to yourself.

You look like a normal teenager, one that lifts. Focus on your strong points and donā€™t listen to negativity - life is hard enough.

4 Likes

Thankyou!

1 Like

Chest shoulder was kinda shit st the start had no focus and for some reason resulted in no strength this was a shitty workout.
Flat db bench 4 sets 10 oh wait i got 5 for yhe second, thirf and fourth and fifth but the first set i couldnt even do one. So that didnt count . 25kg per hand
Incline db bench 4 sets 10 22.5kg . Smoked this.
Pushups
Standing dumbell shoulder press 4 sets 10 17.5kg did ok
Lateral raises
Tricep superset: close grip pushups& tricep pressdown Ɨ3 rounds

Nutrition today 4 burgers, nutri grain, milk
Forgot yesterday
Also i think i need to up the intensity in my workouts. Especially with chest, shoulders, legs because i love back lol. In two and a half months i have a school camp with anotherschool and theres lots of nice girls there so i would like to get some good mirror muscles gains