DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Woke up no back soreness or bicep soreness. I could go to the gym and train back again lol wtf

Don’t. Just increase your strength in a moderate rep range(6-12) without sacrificing the contraction of the target muscle.

You would be wrong.

1 Like

Thats Beast mode

1 Like

Chest/shoulder
Db flat 25 kg per hand 4 sets didnt make 8-12 slow reps squeezing my pecs etc etc
Db incline 22.5kg per hand 4 sets same as above.
Pushups
Standing shoulder press 17.5kg per hand 4 sets of that made desired rep range 8-12
Lateral raises
200 curls attempt with 5kilo dumbells (fail)
Biceps on fire asf

How many reps did you get on the curl?

1 Like

Idk but when i do curls two handed at a time it feels really weird and hard to focus on my bicep. Around 90 . Im going to do all the reps on my left first then match the amount with my right (right bicep is bigger) so this way my left arm will catch up a bit while both gaining still. When i do them one arm at a time i can focus on the squeeze the squeeze etc whereas i cant with two

Food
Breakfast Toast + milk
Recess greek yoghurt, protein nut bar, banana, apple, cupcake
Lunch Garbage can chilli, protin nut bar
Afternoon garbage can chilli, +milk
Dinner soaghetti bolognese
Before sleep casein shake

Your making good progress, keep consistent in and out the gym. Work with what you have available to learn what works for you and stay positive. Your miles ahead of many people your age and in a much better starting place than many of the guys here were at the beginning of there journeys.

Keep it up.

2 Likes

Thanks @kd13 also sorry when i was an ungrateful shit to you

1 Like

Don’t worry about it buddy. Apologies for being a little harsh towards you. I wish you all the best in your training and hope you sort out any issues you may have.

2 Likes

Thankyou @kd13 i hope you’re training is going good as well! Happy lifting

Kevin Levrone is one guy I would never look to for advice on lifting or nutrition. I know all the top guys are genetic freaks, but he seems like he responded well to everything he ever did, at an unheard of pace. I think he’s something of an anomaly as far as curls are considered, if this is really how he trained. The vast majority of bodybuilders I’ve seen, high level ones, don’t seem like they would ever curl more than 50 lbs dumbbells. I never go above maybe 35.

2 Likes

Different eras and countries. The vast majority of high level bodybuilders I have known curl at least the 60lb dumbbells.

This kid has not built his mmc. He will not be able to do what an advanced bodybuilder can do with a 50lber. I would rather he focus on weight and rep progression for at least 1 exercise and use whatever 200 rep protocol as a finisher.

2 Likes

Regarding Levrone, I just posted a video of a guy with big biceps curling big weights in reponse to his post.

That being said, if you watch his workout videos, it’s quite standard split training. Nothing anyone unassisted shouldn’t be doing.

1 Like

Eh? How did my post get deleted lol?

Edit: Nm, figured it out.

1 Like

Laying down or anytime i can tense muscle groups( like chest and make pecs bounce) there tiny so ut dorsnt even look good. so i believe i do have decent mmc. But when training i forget to focus on the muscle group and i generally just do the exercises . So i need to learn to focus more.

1 Like

Legs
Warmup exercise bike
Calf raises
Band pull apart

Smith machine Squat 4 × 10 82.5kg
Walking lunge × lots 15kg
Leg curl 3 ×10 11/20
Leg extension 3×15 16/20
Bw lunges

A few months ago i could pinch alot of fat. But now that fat is way less and looking like i have lost fat . This is weird

Also excuse my faggot looking face haha

1 Like

Oh and this was before i started exercising about 8 months ago. Then i started playing football (aussie rules) and running etc lost fat, then started going to the gym and found i like weights

1 Like

Great job man. Definitely looking like you lift. Now it’s just a matter of putting in the time, stay consistent with the weights and nutrition!

1 Like