DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

Today nutrition bad because im at the hospital ( i mean hospital food isn’t unhealthy but it tastes bad)

Im out now back home

2 Likes

Im going to do bodybuilding split now with chest and shoulder focus for a while and just maintaining but still building legs and back

EDIT:

Just read in another log!!

Like everyone said you are NOT ALONE!!! I had my issues with the same thing at the same age. If I could go back and change 1 thing it would have been that I found the gym and stuck with it rather than alcohol and drugs.

Hang in there, find a good support group and stay in here!!!

3 Likes

Thanks botslayer

2 Likes

Took picture today when
i was at gym.
At the hospital when i was getting weighed i was 74.6kg and that was with little food etc n the scales there are good aha unlike the faulty gym ones

2 Likes

My goal weight for thid year is 80kg

Back/ Bicep
Chinups 4 sets 5 5 kg When i get to ten reps in a set il up weight
One arm db row i did like sox sets cos first i did 3 sets of 10 wirh 20 kg but was light so i did three sets of 10 with 22.5kg
Low row 3 sets lots reps
Lat pulldown 3 sets lots reps (to finish of back same woth the seated rows)
Curls ( to finish off biceps)

2 Likes

I hope you mean you plan to gain 0.25-0.5kgs of muscle mass a month for the rest of the year haha. Getting to 80kgs via stuffing yourself like a pig probably isn’t too hard haha.

1 Like

Haha yeah that lol

Today nutrition bad.
But prepped food etc so will be good now just thks weekends been hectic asf.
Also this part of my hand is really sore since today

Okay so my chest training is now screw the weight and focus on the muscle ( i wont just bounce the dumbells around doing sets of 5 reos like i have been and progressing to ten reps) il change the weight when i get to 20 nice slow ,controlled reps getting a good squeeze. And when i do a curl i focus on strentgh and il be going for the burn because i dont think doing heavy curls build big biceps

Don’t bother with the Heavier weight on your Dumbbell Bench its pretty pointless going too heavy on them.
For Biceps this’ll work.

1 Like

No barbell in my gym but if i do that with two light dumbells?

Should work just as well, make sure the weight is light enough so you can just do 100 reps in one set. Do this twice a week until June starts.

1 Like

That took me a while to figure out aha and my shoulders dont like heavy db benching cos they start to take over

Cheers will do that i curl 12.5 kilo dumbells for 10 reps so what weight should i start? 6kilos?

I’d say 5kg and do them in hammer curl fashion while seated so you don’t start to swing and use upper back at all. Even then 100 reps will be hard, aim for near failure maybe around 50 reps then add 10 reps each session you do twice a week. That’ll put you just over 200 reps in one set by June.

Then swap to something moderate intensity more timed, slower eccentric. That sort of thing.

1 Like

I hope you’re feeling better mate. You’re making some good progress, don’t do anything silly to ruin it.

3 Likes

Thankyou. Im feeling okay at the moment i just hope i dont get to this point again. What happens is it slowly builds up and i breakdown and do something to myself and each time i do something worse. But the overdosing was horrible getting the drip and the needle in my arm irritating as hell also got sick from the antidote.so it put me off of hospital experiences . Since it happened i do feel less stressed than before and what was making me super depressed i dont care about that much now and i can deal with that particular thing. and Im hoping it stays this way .

1 Like