DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Today lats and back to a new level of soreness. id say this is from one arm db rows

Legs :
warmup incline treadmill
Pull aparts
Bodyweight lunges
Stretches
Smith machine squat 4 sets 10 80kg
Walking lunge 3 sets 1 million reps :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 15kg per hand
Leg curl 3 sets 10 10/20
Goblet squat 3 sets 20 20kg
Leg extension 3 sets 15 15/20
1k run readmill
Lots of stretching and foam rolling

2 hours later basketball training .
Anyone know how to increase vertical jump faster? Over the last couple of months without practising for jumping iv managed to nearly be able to touch the ring but i want to be able to dunk . A few months ago i xould touch the backboard with a run up now i can do it standing under it and just jump.

Are those bodyweight numbers from the same time of day?

Good progress btw.

1 Like

Yeah but the scales are actually stuffed today i went on them and apparently im 91

Nutrition today:
Shit last might i fell asleep and didnt make todays food so today i basically just ate what i want and it was crap

You’re 91kgs?

Umm i said that the scales are broken

No…

Upper 1:
Chinups 4 sets 5 5kg
One arm db row 20kg 3 sets 10 my form sucks still but next week upping weight. Forms nearly good just for some reason it sucks with my left arm after this weekitl be good.
Low row 3 sets 15 11/20
Db bench press 3 sets 10 27.5kg oer gand.

That was a total fail when i went back and the dumbells were above my chest my left leg cramped up and i couldnt move for a 2 minutes. So i had to hold the dumbells or i woulde dropped on my chest and that exhaustes my arms and pecs so my next sets i managed barely any reps
Incline 3 sets 10 25kg prr hand. I didnt meet the desured target of reps but got about 6 per set.

Standing Db shoulder press 17.5 kg per hand 4 sets 10 but didn’t make ten. Triceps were killed from the flat db bench hold.
Bicep/tricep superset

Also no one was in the gym so i took off my shirt and i was looking freakin huuggge in the mirror cause all me upper body had a pump n i wish i was like that without a pump… :cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

Thought these were fitting

4 Likes

Haha!

Foood:
Breakfast weetbix, toast, oats
Recess 2 salmon sandwiches and protein nut bar lunch chicken curry and rice
Afternoon chicken curry n rice
Dinner roast pork and veggies
Casein before bed

I suck at having breakfast. I wake up get ready for school and when i have breakfast i just cant eat much even though i wake up really hungry.

Legs :
Warmup Exercise bike
Pull aparts
Lat pulldowns
100 calf raises
Bicep tricep superset. I was flexing my arm and just went rage because there so tiny and dont even look like i lift. Yeah tiny bit bigger then someone who doesnt work out at all but still there so tiny. So i did bicep/tricep superset and then i felt a bit better lol

Smith squat 4 set 10 80kg
reverse Lunges 3 sets 10 15kg
Leg curls 3 sets 10 10/20
Leg extension 3 sets 15 15/20

Stretch+ foam roll

Okay guys so i have come to the conclusion that Volume + frequency and timing = gains because my back,quads,glutes in my upper body wormouts back is worked first. is big but my chest ,shoulders, arms are tiny. My back exercises are first and about 10 sets for back and only 6 for chest and 4 for shoulders generally. Iv been gaining strength and since i started this log my back is developing nicely and have gotten good back gains but thats about it. And a little quads, glutes. My chest , arms ,shoulders, hamstrings have had zero growth only strentgh gains which leads me to conclude i meed more sets volume etc to stimulate growth.

Im going to stick with what im doing to the end of april just to make sure im not imagining this.

1 Like

I may simply just need to eat more. Im comstantly hungry even with the amount of food oneat is alot and budgey is limited.
Breakfast i need to fix and start eating akot but i just can eat at breakfast

Im going to do 3sets of bicep stuff and 3 sets of triceps of any exercise i like 4 × a week (every time i workout ) as part of my warmup going rrally slow focusing on mind muscle connection and getting anice squeeze. Il do this for a month and see if i add even just a tiny tiny bit of arm mass because i have not gained any arm mass since i stopped with the ohase of “only train arms at the gym” and it will sound retarded my arms aopear to be getting smaller each week because i hardly train them. You could argue the oint that conpunds such as chinups etc build big biceos but i dont think so my arms are never sore after an uooer body day. Doms isnt a effective measure of whether a workouts good or not but after training back the next day i can have maximum bicep strentgh and there not sore at all then maybe just doing conpounds doesnt cut it???

I can 100% guarantee if your scale weight is going up your arm size will go up.

I can 100% guarantee if your bench and row are going up your arm size will go up provided scale weight is going up.

If you really want to be anal about it measure them but it might vary a bit with food intake amount.

Some smart coach reckoned that every 15lbs you gain is a inch your arms.

2 Likes

That sounds about right for me. When I started lifting years ago, I weighed about 125. I weigh 200 now, and my arms are about 17". It’s likely that I started out in the 11-12" range, just based on pictures of me back then. Arm growth is certainly MUCH more dependent on weight gain than training arms specifically. I can also assure you that your arms will not shrink or grow at a visible rate over the course of, say, a month or 2, unless your weight changes SUBSTANTIALLY. Much of the changes we think we see in ourselves are generally just in our head, or even based on lighting in a particular room.

2 Likes