DukeTheSlaya's Journey to Overhead Pressing Like a God

@Benanything nice suggestion, i do pushups every day. And have been for the last 6 months. And please don’t refer to me as kid.

Yes i admit the smith machine is good for rows, behind the back shrugs, various pressing exercises, but when it comes to legs i have not found it quite useful . The smith machine bar only moves straight up and straight down which i hate because squatting feels horrible and it wrecks my knees. Iv done front squats,different back squat goot placement still to no success it always feels like shit and i hate it. Iv found lunges to be ok . That is my opinion. So whilst i dont disagree that its a good tool for hypertophy and john meadows is a great fan of it and Žydrūnas Savickas uses it for shoulder presses and says its one of his fav exercises for me . I just dont like the smith machine never have never will.
Iv tried deadlifting and squatting at a gym whilst staying at my aunties on the last holidays and i loved it. Deadlifting takes all ur problems away and nothing is more beast mode then lifting heavy shit of the floor.
Im not focusing on workouts i cant do its just deadlifting and squatting is some of my favorite exercise and i cant even do it.
So it makes me mad that instead of getting a barbell and a power rack people opt for a smoth machine instead which is inferior to free weights especially Squats . And deadlidting in a smith machine dont feel right

A fair few big, experienced guys use the Smith to squat for size. Keep experimenting with foot placement and positioning, you’ll eventually find what works.

1 Like

Hope so!

At school there’s some tractor tires ov varioud sizes and there at the playground so today i did some tire flips at recess and lunch,theres some superheavy ones and i could only get half a rep so (fail) goal is to be able to flip that.

2 Likes

Out of protein powder except casein :rage: have no money to buy more wish i could have acces to any food i want. Im never gonna get anywhere because i have a super high metabolism and im always hungry even if i have 5 bowls of pasta an hour later im hungry.
Its so stupid

None of that now. That kind of thinking is the only thing that will in fact guarantee you don’t get anywhere.

2 Likes

Okay i will try notto think like that. I will just have to go without and besides ancient sculptures of greek gods and people that are muscular and they didnt hae protein powder they were just soldiers or slaves

Probably the most important thing to get into your head is that this takes TIME. That’s the biggest element of success in getting bigger and stronger: time under the bar in years.

Don’t sweat not having protein powder or exactly the right equipment or the best program. As long as you’re consistently putting in the work over the years all that other stuff isn’t really that important.

3 Likes

Well im happy with the gains i made so far but always wanting more

I haven’t tried it so I’m just throwing a random idea here,but give smith box squats a try.Pause on the box(well,bench) for a full second.This will probably take the tension off the knees
A wide stance(as your flexibility permits) will probably work best with this,but try different stances as well

2 Likes

Thats a real good idea, thanks @stronkfak will give these a go

1 Like

Food:
Breakfast couple bowls of cereal
Rcess at school fruit,protein mut bar
Lunch chicken and veggetables
Afternoon couole of cheese sandwichies
Dinner 3 bowls of spaghetti bolognese
Before sleep casein

Is there any store withing walking distance of where you are?

Is there snow on the ground?

14 years old I was washing dishes for a little diner up the road. I told them I wanted as many hours as they could give me and they had me painting, washing their cars, cutting the grass around the property, etc. $7.15/hr if I remember correctly.

Even do some babysitting. When I was younger that was the best money I made. Look after kids for a few hours, then sit and watch TV until parent get home. It helps that I love kids…

If you want it, go get it. No excuses.

2 Likes

On friday doing some more job searching, going to the car shop, gardening shop, food shop,bakery, farm shop

1 Like

Had basketball game today. Bit exhausted but still going to the gym. If im tired do i skip a workout or no? Im not skipping it but i should br ok cos i just had some food

Todays workout fail:
Managed to complete my back work with alot of difficulty and when i got to chest work i did one rep of flat bench and couldnt do anymore . Next time i have a game il train before the game and il get subbed out for half of the game.
Chinups 4 sets of barely getting 4
Chest supported row 3 sets of10 20kg just managed to get these
Low row 3 sets 10 i accidently set it to 13/20 instead of 11/20 and it was three sets of 5 .

Flat bench 22.5kg per hand got one rep thn couldnt do any more felt immensely heavy

Tomorrow is basketball training so il do legs before basketball. This will impact training but iv don i before and i went alright

Are you on a basketball team, or just gym/for fun? Are you in-season right now?

1 Like

Yes on the team, but irs just a town vs town thing for games pretty casual. Trainings not to serious either its go if you wanna go.