Duke's Learning Thread

What exactly makes steroids bad? And who are you to give your unsolicited opinion to other people that know more than you?

1 Like

don’t waste your time, dude. Kid’s 14.

3 Likes

Shrinking of private parts, effect on organs.

It doesn’t matter that im 14.
Fact is steroids are bad

While I respect the sentiment, this is not the place to have this discussion. As Yogi said

duketheslaya can figure out his opinion on steroids sometime in the next thirty or forty years. For the next 2 years, he needs to figure out some of the basics, start lifting consistently, eating consistently, and learn to solve problems like “How can I build X muscle with A, B, and C equipment available?”

Whether steroids are “good” or “bad” should be pretty much irrelevant at this point.

3 Likes

Why thank you activities guy that is spot on advice.
Rn im a total noob lol

I dont think i know stuff.
I know i have minimal to no knowledge of anything.
But i have been told and everything iv read has said steroids are bad for you.

Are steeoids beneficial?
Yes.
Are rhey necessary?
Well you can build muscle naturally and it takes a good diet eating lots and ttaining hard.
But some people who want to speed up there progress turn to steroids because its easy. Or some people who have reached their genetic potential turn to steroids so they can go past it and get even more gains.
Lots of people use steroids for reasons but fact is there is side effects.
Which is why i stated that steroids are bad.
Steroids can get addictive, once you go off steroids you dont retain mucj of the muscle anyways unless your an expert with cycles and how you eat, short term affects of steroids are.
Mood swings.
Fatigue.
Hard to sleep
Trouble sleeping.
Decreased sperm .
,long/other side effects:Shrinking of the testicles.excessive hair growth in women,deeper voice in women,growth of breast t in men,
Fertility problems, Heart problems,Higherblood pressure,mood swings,Stroke.
So yeah steroids are bad.
Beneficial to muscle gain and athletic performance but health yeah not so much.

All i was doing was trying to help out the person by saying steroids are bad so how about stop Criticising me and learn to treat a kid nicely.

Yeah perhaps i am a stupid kid that doesnt know much but how about keep your mean,unnecessary comments to yourself.
I simply joined tnation to learn and not argue

I have a lot to learn and a long way to go.
But going rage at me isnt going to do or teach me anything

Read the article about steroids at wikipedia.
It’s medicine and one day you might need it so don’t disregard it as something evil :slight_smile:

Since the discovery and synthesis of testosterone in the 1930s, AAS have been used by physicians for many purposes, with varying degrees of success, for the treatment of:

Bone marrow stimulation: For decades, AAS were the mainstay of therapy for hypoplastic anemias due to leukemia or kidney failure, especially aplastic anemia. AAS have largely been replaced in this setting by synthetic protein hormones (such as epoetin alfa) that selectively stimulate growth of blood cell precursors.
Growth stimulation: AAS can be used by pediatric endocrinologists to treat children with growth failure. However, the availability of synthetic growth hormone, which has fewer side effects, makes this a secondary treatment.
Stimulation of appetite and preservation and increase of muscle mass: AAS have been given to people with chronic wasting conditions such as cancer and AIDS.
Induction of male puberty: Androgens are given to many boys distressed about extreme delay of puberty. Testosterone is now nearly the only androgen used for this purpose and has been shown to increase height, weight, and fat-free mass in boys with delayed puberty.
Male contraception, in the form of testosterone enanthate; potential for use in the near-future as a safe, reliable, and reversible male contraceptive.
Stimulation of lean body mass and prevention of bone loss in elderly men, as some studies indicate. However, a 2006 placebo-controlled trial of low-dose testosterone supplementation in elderly men with low levels of testosterone found no benefit on body composition, physical performance, insulin sensitivity, or quality of life.
Hormone replacement for men with low levels of testosterone; also effective in improving libido for elderly males.
Gender dysphoria, by producing secondary male characteristics, such as a deeper voice, increased bone and muscle mass, facial hair, increased levels of red blood cells, and clitoral enlargement in trans man patients, among females or those who develop female secondary sexual characteristics but desire to rather be read as male or look more ambiguous, such as a number of non-binary transgender people, both intersex and dyadic, and dysphoric non-transgender intersex men.
Increased Maximum Inspiratory Pressure: A study in "Research in Sports Medicine" has found that the combination of resistance training and AAS administration produce a significant increase in MIP in a cohort of long-term AAS users.

This was just some info from the article
 lots to read at wiki!
Happy learning and training!

Edit: Should have looked at the preview, pasted text acted weird

1 Like

Thanks julienissen :blush:

Glad you feel that way actually, i think more kids should. Lots of steroid users when i was in high school, none of whom possed the maturity or information to properly evaluate that choice.

One thing you’ll realize though as you age, is that there are rarely black and white issues. More so, you’ll find that there are cost-to-benefit ratios to most things in life, which are weighed differently for each individual.

2 Likes

@TX_iron thanks for that advice and well i understand that. Steroid use is like everything else i suppose each thing has its benefit and cost
Except drinking water lol no side effect to that but living

I actually deleted my post because I didn’t think there was much point in it, but you clearly read it so I might as well continue on.

Seriously though, if you thought anything I said there was mean or rage then jesus kid you need to relax, but I do apologise if that’s how it came across.

I do stand by my point thought that your opinion on what is good or bad isn’t worth shit as, and trust me on this, your moral compass is going to swing around pretty wildly over the next 5-10 years. Everybody’s does.

A lot of the things you think are “bad” now will actually end up being things you do for fun. Unless of course you end up a stuffy, joyless adult. Try your best not to do that.

3 Likes

True and your absolutely right. When i was little i thought and said id never smoke but well few months ago i tried some weed with a mate and loved it. Havent done it since then because it was a once off thing but yer i see your point.
As always thanks for the advice i appreciate it

No worries kid, and I really am sorry if my first post came off as a lecture. I remember how annoying it was when people would use your age as an excuse to treat you a certain way, but what’s really annoying is when you realise they were right![quote=“duketheslaya, post:96, topic:224309”]
few months ago i tried some weed with a mate and loved it
[/quote]

You’re young so experiment as much as you can! As long as you don’t let it affect your education or your relationship with friends and family then say yes to every single thing. Sneak out to go to an illegal rave in a wood; drop some acid on a beach and watch the sun come up with your closest mates while you’re all tripping balls; have sex with as many people as you want (stay safe though).

Seriously, as long as you’re not fucking up your life or anyone else’s in any way then do all the crazy shit you can while you’re young enough to get away with it!

So ends my life lesson for the day! Haha

2 Likes

Haha thanks i especially love the have sex as much as you want​:joy: i wish my parents felt the same way​:joy::joy: and goodnight its 4:00 am for me​:sweat_smile:

1 Like

So cant go to the gym for a week (unless aunty takes me to whatevs gym there is where she lives
-staying at aunties .

Today did push workout warmed up with some treadmill running, then did 20 kilo goblet squat two sets ten reps
Then did leg press 80kilo 4 sets 10 reps.
Leg extention 4 sets 12 on 8/20.
I dont know the weight but it just goes from 1-20 .
I did 2 sets 10 reps on flat dumbell bench press ten kilo each hand
2 sets ten rep incline 8 kilo.
4 sets 12 reps seated shoulder press 7 kilo
2 sets ten chest dips.
(What i was hoping for but it was actually first set 5 second set 4.)
I suck at dips😅 i might change it to diamond pushups because there isnt really dip bars its a hanging leg raise thingy but i used it for dips

Notes:
Dont like smith machine so using dumbells.
-switched press ups because as iv stated before pushups or whatever are to easy and iv never really done dips so they are difficult.

Duke learned nothing. The end.

1 Like

Duke has a training log where he posts four consecutive posts a day.

2 Likes

Duke has learned plenty. In the past two months he has got himself on track and taken a lot of the advice he has been given.

As Chris has mentioned, he has a Training Log you can check out to see his progress.

No need to take a stab at a kid in a 2 month old thread
who are you again?

5 Likes

Duke learned something. The beginning

2 Likes