Duke Players Exonerated.

Duke players exonerated.
Racist double standard.

http://moynihaninstitute.com/

I don’t think it is a double standard in a racist way.

I think it was a privileged Athlete vs. those who think that athletes get away with everything.

That being said, those boys got screwed pretty bad. All those people at the strippers college, NC A&T, said some pretty shitty things about them that turned out to be untrue.

Somebody (Niafong) owes them a pretty big apology.

Perhaps a civil suit on the way?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
I don’t it is a double standard in a racist way.

I think it was a privileged vs. those who think that athletes get away with everything.

That being said, those boys got screwed pretty bad. All those people at the strippers college, NC A&T, said some pretty shitty things about them that turned out to be untrue.

Perhaps a civil suit on the way?[/quote]

How can you not say it was racist with the new black panther’s race baiting?

It was a racist double standard and it was rich vs poor

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
I don’t think it is a double standard in a racist way.

I think it was a privileged Athlete vs. those who think that athletes get away with everything.

Perhaps a civil suit on the way?[/quote]

Nifong deserves everything that gets thrown at him. The guy threw out all professionalism in order to get re-elected. He completely disregarded the lack of evidence and kept up a smoke and mirrors campaign against the players until he got what he wanted - then he fessed up.
What a tool.

The Duke administration and faculty should be raked over the coals too for jumping to conclusions and publicly admonishing the team for their behavior. Granted, they were no choirboys, but drunk and disorderly is a long way from kidnapping and rape.

DB

[quote]Rant Irishman wrote:
Duke players exonerated.
Racist double standard.

http://moynihaninstitute.com/[/quote]

i agree,in this country something racist is only considered when its the white person making the attack, its not considered the other way around.

If I were the Duke players, I would bring fire and brimstone down on both Nifong and the Duke Administration. I’d sue them back to the stone age, or as far a lawyer could take it.

These guys were absolutely crucified when the story first broke, and then as the stripper’s story developed leaks and the evidence mounted that the Duke kids were completely innocent of the charges, both Nifong and the Duke Administration still went guns-blazing against the players.

It makes me furious hearing about this story from afar. If it actually happened to me, I would do my damnedest to destroy Duke University. If I were the players, if I could, I would shut down Duke U. permanently.

If someone tried to unfairly throw me under the bus just to further their own career (Nifong) and help their own PR (Duke), oh man. It makes my blood boil just hearing about it.

(It was N.C. Central…)

Oh, boy…

The parents of the players have already said (on “60 minutes”) that Nifong was going to see what “Shock and Awe” REALLY is like.

They’ve promised to make his Life hell like he did for them.

Mufasa

The NC AG just made a statement. He said the 3 were “innocent” of all charges. That’s big. They would normally say they do not have enough evidence to proceed. Calling them innocent is a telling statement.

It’s also pretty accurate.

I wonder if the Seligman boy is related to the Seligman investment family. If so I think the family has sufficient resources to go after Nifong and Duke.

Public Officials like Prosecutors have immunity.

If they were left open to the American Legal System, they wouldn’t be doing anything all day but defending themselves and/or the Prosecutors Office.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Public Officials like Prosecutors have immunity.

If they were left open to the American Legal System, they wouldn’t be doing anything all day but defending themselves and/or the Prosecutors Office.

Mufasa[/quote]

Opening Disclosure: I am not a lawyer. But…

From what I understand, a prosecutor would have immunity from defamation if he makes defamatory statements in a courtroom. Nifong made plenty of defamatory statements outside the courtroom and if my understanding is correct, he has no immunity from what he says outside a courtroom.

Also, the fact that he is in the process of being disbarred might suggest that he did something seriously wrong in his prosecution of the Duke players.

I can’t imagine that a prosecutor could screw up a case so badly that he gets disbarred, yet successfully claims defamation immunity when his defamatory statements were not even made inside a courtroom.

The Duke administrators have no immunity at all. The question there is how strong the players’ case is, or even if they have a case.

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
If I were the Duke players, I would bring fire and brimstone down on both Nifong and the Duke Administration. I’d sue them back to the stone age, or as far a lawyer could take it.

These guys were absolutely crucified when the story first broke, and then as the stripper’s story developed leaks and the evidence mounted that the Duke kids were completely innocent of the charges, both Nifong and the Duke Administration still went guns-blazing against the players.

It makes me furious hearing about this story from afar. If it actually happened to me, I would do my damnedest to destroy Duke University. If I were the players, if I could, I would shut down Duke U. permanently.

If someone tried to unfairly throw me under the bus just to further their own career (Nifong) and help their own PR (Duke), oh man. It makes my blood boil just hearing about it.[/quote]

I could not agree more.