Dude, You are Swole

I know this has happened to you before. Someone makes a comment like: Your arms are as big as my head or are you on steroids. We get this all the time. But ask yourself, would it be ok to say the same dumb crap to someone that is obese like: Dude, you are big as a …

No, you can’t. Its considered impolite, so why is it ok for perfect strangers to get by saying the same things to you.

Point of the post - What’s the dumbest muscle head comment someone’s said to you?

“So do you actually work out?”

-chris

I used to work out like you.

Do you beat women.

“Do you take creatine? That shit made me rage!!!”.

“I wish I had the dedication you had” - I hate this one for the simple reason it’s just an excuse for them NOT to be in better shape/workout/eat healthier

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
“Do you take creatine? That shit made me rage!!!”. [/quote]

a: I"m not doubting you, but I’ve never heard that one but I’ve heard it on this site quoted as heard; 2: where do they get this myth from?

“Baby, I used to be big like that”
“What happened?”

*Couple walks off with no response to that question.

“I bet you lift weights!!”

*I was about 290lbs at the time.

“Does that hurt?”
“Does what hurt?”
“Your skin…doesn’t it hurt to be that big?”

There are tons more but they are usually variations of the above…because none of them are as clever as they think they are.

I agree, some of these people would flip if we acted the same way to those people riding scooters in grocery stores.

The all-time best muscle wisecrack and comeback comes from former Canadian strongman Doug Hepburn.

Random guy: ‘‘How is it to be all brawn and no brain?’’
Doug: ‘‘I don’t know… what’s it like to be neither?’’

I have it the worst. I couldn’t be fit. Like I was breaking a barrier of the realm of what is possible and that I ought be using my brains like the others instead of my body. Fucking retarded. As small as I am compared to guys here on this site,I get the ole “Steroids” excuse thrown at me form time to time. Its like anybody that looks like they are in shape automatically is on the juice. Its like telling someone “Hey,You have a degree from U of H! You must have cheated your way through” See how insulting that is?

Its even worse when your in high school, becuase not only are kids much smaller than you, but they also are more immature and cocky.

“Braun how’s the roids treatin you”

me: I dunno how bein skinny treatin you

“Shit Braun you got your fuckin protein with you!?”

I have had a few rookies come up to me and throwing out the typical “You must be on noxplode, your jackeddd.”

They all think it is some magic powder that has been sent from the Gods or some shit.

I dont take out my headphones and pretend like i cant hear them, then point to the bar and turn my back…

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
The all-time best muscle wisecrack and comeback comes from former Canadian strongman Doug Hepburn.

Random guy: ‘‘How is it to be all brawn and no brain?’’
Doug: ‘‘I don’t know… what’s it like to be neither?’’[/quote]

LOL

“Are you natural?” Yes, I just sprouted some roots.

“You should not lift that much.”

“Does your food taste good?” almost every time

“That’s not functional.” In function of what?

“You look strong, do you want to help me move?” Ooh yes, I like lifting heavy things all day long.

A friend told me to get a headlamp for doing cardio in the morning when it’s still dark (since I tripped and fell last week doing sprints), then retracted, saying something like:

“Na, people would think a train had come off the track…”

I laughed.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Its like telling someone “Hey,You have a degree from U of H! You must have cheated your way through” See how insulting that is?[/quote]

If you’ve got a degree from U of H I’d just assume A&M said no, as did San Jac Jr. College and Lamar.

Texas A&M Class of '95, yeah, I’m hating.

“I dont drink those protein shakes because i dont want to test positive for steriods”

I train with the one guy who sits at about 280lbs right now and he told me of this woman and her husband

The guy I train with benching 405lbs
Woman: “That is just awesome to watch! Wow.”
Woman again: “My husband is about as strong as you but really doesn’t have the body as you. It’s weird.”

The woman’s husband is like 220-240ish but isn’t huge AT ALL or strong. He really is a common guy who is fat but looks big. It was a funny story for that fact. I’ve never seen him bench 225lbs or even bench at all for that matter…

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
I have it the worst. I couldn’t be fit. Like I was breaking a barrier of the realm of what is possible and that I ought be using my brains like the others instead of my body. Fucking retarded. As small as I am compared to guys here on this site,I get the ole “Steroids” excuse thrown at me form time to time. Its like anybody that looks like they are in shape automatically is on the juice. Its like telling someone “Hey,You have a degree from U of H! You must have cheated your way through” See how insulting that is?[/quote]

Yup, I hear ya. I was a 130 pounds soaking wet in high school, you wouldn’t believe the steroid accusations I get now. In six years I’m a lean 190 lbs and guys I went to high school with just want to talk roids and supps with me. They laugh in my face when I say I’m natural and don’t take any fancy stuff. It’s a nice compliment, but gets old arguing. The girls never assume I cheat though, which is cool.

Check this. A guy waited for me to sign my credit card receipt, grabbed it and took off yelling, “I got his autograph, I got his autograph”.

Another time, I was walking with my two young sons into Burger King…yeah, I know, spare me… anyway, all these Japanese tourists in unison as if on cue turned with their cameras and started taking pictures.