Dry Throat on High Fat Diets?

Anyone else get this? I keep my water intake high, but sometimes out of the blue my throat gets abnormally dry. Drinking even more water doesn’t help either.

I just downed ~4-5 chicken thighs with covered in cheese and asparagus (some drizzled EVOO) and salt n pepper. Hours later, voila dry throat and it is plain annoying.

I know on the days when I megadose fish oil I get thirsty very easily.

[quote]kickureface wrote:
Anyone else get this? I keep my water intake high, but sometimes out of the blue my throat gets abnormally dry. Drinking even more water doesn’t help either.

I just downed ~4-5 chicken thighs with covered in cheese and asparagus (some drizzled EVOO) and salt n pepper. Hours later, voila dry throat and it is plain annoying.[/quote]

tends to happen for a couple of reasons:

a) Carbs are mucus forming, so in their absence your mucus levels drop and your throat feels less slick.

b) Fat and Protein dominant diets do require your body to utilize more water for processing the food.

I noticed that I got thirsty more when I first started, but I don’t remember my throat being any drier than normal.

I notice I get it a often after eating bacon at night, with some ranch maybe too :slight_smile: or a lot of walnuts as well.

This throat pain I think is actually lymph node infection so probably not the chicken/cheese :slight_smile:

I am always thirsty. Helps to get the Gallons in… But its really shitty when you feel like chugging and its near bed time… waking up in the middle of the night… Like the armies in ages pass, waking up for a sneak attack.