Dry Tacky Mouth?

I have a smelly bretah problem which I cannot solve, I have been to the dentist becuase i thought I might have gum desiese but my gums are fine, and he oddered no real help as too why I might be stinking.

I do not belive its a gastric problem as my mouth is always really dry.

I have stopped all caffine/coffe and stackers/ephedrine intake and still the problem persists, I am flossing brushing reguar.

I switched to a non alcohol based mouth wash as i read that the alcohol can dry your mouth out.

I am drinking plenty of fluids but mouth mouth constantly feels like i have just eaten a heap of talcum powder!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is sending me mad!

Cheers

Hi mate - are you drinking lots of fluids because you know you should or are you thirsty too?

Cheers guys, I am on no meds (except sus:)

I do not feel anymore thirsty than usual I am drinking plenty as i am training 5 days a week right now, I just want to keep brushing my teeth more than feel thirsty, its like I have inhaled a load of dust into my mouth thats how it feels.

Are you scraping your tongue with a tongue scraper??

I’m not kidding with this post.

They sell something called a ‘tongue scraper’…you can get a plain metal one for like 6 bucks or a silver one for 50. The cheap one lasts 6 months, the silver one forever. You scrape your tongue with it to get rid of nasty bacteria that’s living there. Brushing your tongue with your toothbrush won’t get rid of it, it justs moves it around.

I had a problem simliar to yours eales and tried this. It worked. I did not have the dryness you describe, but my breaf stank and this really helped.

I bought mine online.

I will try a tounge scraper cheers, although that may help I do not think its the problem as I have it all round my teeth too, instead of felling clean and shiny if I rub my tounge along my teeth it feels like there ia a tacky glue on them (but there is nothing actually on them)

Bushy, I am cutting down on carbs lately but I have had the problem longer than that, I used to put it down to symptomatic use of ephedrine and caffine, but now i am completely off both my dry mouth is still there and its a real pain in the ass!

Thanks for all the posts

I dont know how low on carbs your are but ketosis often gives people funky breath issues.

[quote]electric_eales wrote:
I will try a tounge scraper cheers, although that may help I do not think its the problem as I have it all round my teeth too, instead of felling clean and shiny if I rub my tounge along my teeth it feels like there ia a tacky glue on them (but there is nothing actually on them)
[/quote]

Well, if you’ve got tacky glue on your tongue, it will feel like it’s on your teeth too when you rub it over them.

I think this happened to Rainjack when he started blowing goats.

DB

[quote]electric_eales wrote:

Bushy, I am cutting down on carbs lately but I have had the problem longer than that, I used to put it down to symptomatic use of ephedrine and caffine, but now i am completely off both my dry mouth is still there and its a real pain in the ass!

Thanks for all the posts[/quote]

The tacky-ness is likely due to poor flossing/brushing technique or both.

Damn yeah I never made a connection between my felating animals and my oral condition!

I think I am brushing fine, its like a dehydration thing, when I wake up in the morning my mouth is so dry Its almost all stuck together inside, I have’nt drank alcohol in ages but I suppose its bit like the old morning after mouth when you have been out and drank loads of beers and smoked loads of ciggies, both of which I no longer do, but if I am going to have hangover mouth anyway I might aswell fucking start again!

Again thanks for the replies i am off to google Ketosis, cheers

I was in ketosis for a couple of weeks a few years ago and my breath stank like rancid ass. Your carb intake would be the first thing I would look at as a possible culprit.

[quote]sen say wrote:

my breaf stank

[/quote]

I don’t know, but I just thought this was hysterical.

Yo, ee. Maybe you breathe through your mouth when you sleep, and don’t know it. It’s winter, and the heat in your room may just dry the hell out of everything, including your mouth and throat, making you thirsty. See what happens when Spring comes, and you turn off the heat.

And I was gonna say mouf and throat.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
sen say wrote:

my breaf stank

I don’t know, but I just thought this was hysterical.

[/quote]

You…thought…something…I…wrote…was…funny ???

Is coitus in our near future?

Thanks for everyones help

Problem now solved

I had only been off the eph+caffine for a few days, it seems as if such long term abuse had carry on effects as to dehydrating my mouth.

after 5 days off eph+caffine I now have a normal mouth again

Cheers to all :slight_smile: