Dry Chicken Breast: Save Me

Thanks for the extra tips, scoots2, OldGlory and TX iron! I never thought about putting the chicken into a bowl of flavoured hot water – it’s genius. I’d imagine that it very effectively moistens and flavours the chicken… Now that I think about it – ramen noodle bowls always have super tender chicken…

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
It sounds like you’re on the right track. I certainly agree about the benefits of Plazma. I never train without it. I also agree that gaining muscle from a very lean starting point works well, at least for me. You’ll likely benefit greatly from this. Every time I’ve reached a slightly leaner physique than I’ve ever been previously, it becomes easier to reach that point from then on, and it becomes easier to gain muscle while maintaining a low bf %.[/quote]

Thanks for this, flipcollar. Even though this is unrelated to the thread topic, could you provide some advice for something, please? As I said before, I’ve never been as lean as I’m aiming to become before (in fact, I’d say I’m already at my ‘leanest ever’). Once I reach the goal, what’s the best way to adjust my nutrition, such that I stop dropping weight, but don’t start putting fat back on either? From what I’ve read, it seems that I should:

• begin increasing calories from the ‘cutting amount’ slowly and progressively (say, 300-400 calories per week), and, once I hit a maintenance number, give my body a week or two to adjust to the ‘new normal’.
  • then, progressively increase calories again to gain lean mass…

In practice, this means adding ‘clean carbs’ back to the diet after I finish that two week programme, and eating roughly 300-400 calories more every day (probably a lot of that coming from the carbs). Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks!

EDIT: Should also add that I’ll be on holiday with my family for two weeks after I finish this programme, and so I won’t really be able to rigorously count calories – they tend to eat out for all 3 meals of the day. What I can do, however, is be sure to only order clean, wholesome foods – think fish, chicken, steak, eggs, vegetables, potatoes, rice – this is certain.