Drunk Supplements?

Hey All,
I’m getting married next month. So the bachelor party is coming up. I’m 32 and I’ve drank about 15 times in my life.
I’m going to have to drink at this thing.

I plan on taking my usual milk thistle and having adequate food in my stomach but does anyone know if any of the ‘drunk supplements’ like booze eze or chaser are worth a damn?
I’m going to do my best to take it slow but I know they’ll be force feeding me since I never drink so any tips would be appreciated.

Creatine, lots of water

Tips? Sure, get hammered, have fun, don’t touch the strippers (but they can touch you). You’re just going to have to accept the fact that you’ll probably feel like death the next day. Don’t worry, it’s not that bad. Hell, many of us just call it “Sunday” (or, for the more serious drinkers “Morning”).

Best thing you can do is keep drinking water while you drink, but that never happens. Also, if you really want to make a preemptive strike against the hangover, leave a big bottle of gatorade and some ibuprofen next to your bed before you go out.

Chances are you’ll wake up early to piss, chug half the gatorade, take the ibuprofen, and go back to sleep for a few hours. When you finally get up, chug the rest of the gatorade and go find some greasy food, you’ll be fine in no time.

Make sure you eat before you drink, be munching while you drink, and chug a ton of water before you go to bed. Fats and proteins mostly. Try to alternate an alcoholic drink with a non-alcoholic drink if possible.

One trick I’ve used is to carry around a bag of potato chips, and snack. When people see your hands full, they’re much less likely to decide you need a drink in one of them.

Try to stick with beer. It will take longer to get the same amount of alcohol as opposed to a shot. If you do go with liquor, try to stick with one kind. Order drinks that are not get-drunk-quick drinks, maybe like a scotch instead of a screwdriver. Real sugary liquors, like goldsclager or grand mariner tend to give people bigger hangovers.

Damn, now I want a drink.

Alternate alcoholic beverages with water. The “Chaser” stuff is crap. A multi-vit and a couple aspirin will do the same thing if you remember to take them before you fall asleep.

Bottom line: Don’t beat yourself up over this. One night of fun won’t kill you (although you may wish you were dead the next morning). Enjoy!

[quote]Scrappy wrote:
Hey All,
I’m getting married next month. So the bachelor party is coming up. I’m 32 and I’ve drank about 15 times in my life.
I’m going to have to drink at this thing.
[/quote]

First of all, you don’t “have” to drink at this thing. If they are your friends, and you don’t want to drink…then don’t. Most likely you don’t usually drink but WANT to drink on your bachelor party which makes perfect sense. You are going to be wasted and you will throw up and feel like dying. Before you go to bed have a glass of water and some advil…it works for me everytime.

Second and most important…if you want to get rid of your hang over in the morning, have a couple beers. At the time it won’t seem like a good idea but it helps.

Good luck and congrats on getting married!

take B complex vitamins every 2 hours throughout the evening and then two with lots of water (at least 20 oz, preferably the same amount of water as the oz in drinks you had) before retiring. This makes a big difference if you don’t go too overboard with the drinking.

HAve fun.

DB

Congratulations.

I don’t know why, but for me, 1 gram of ALA with water taken before bed is the ultimate hangover prevention.

I have noticed that my hangovers are far less severe if I have taken a Spike before going out drinking.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Alternate alcoholic beverages with water. [/quote]

This is the best advice on here. I’d be willing to bet that you are going to puke. If you have drank a lot of water throughout the evening, it will come up easier. When you wake up to piss (you will at least twice) get a tall glass of water and you won’t feel that bad the next day.

Be sure to stand when you puke. I don’t know why, but not as much ‘stuff’ gets stuck in your nose that way.

Also, stick with one drink (preferably Jager) and you’ll be alright.

I have a lot of experience as I used to get shut off at bars frequently. Ahhh, the good ole’ days.

I think I’ll drink to that.

BTW, here is your post in 2 years. “Guys, since I got married, I haven’t gone a day without getting drunk…” :wink:

I just had my bach party 2 weeks ago. Drink lots of water, and don’t piss off the bouncers. I got thrown out of the club by a big mofo and he had me patted down by three cops and they were about to chuck me in the drunk tank before 2 of my friends saved me and took me home.
Bring good friends

Before you go out take 4 ibuprofren and drink lots of water. Drink water throughout the night (if your friends even allow you too). When you get home take another 4 ibuprofren, chug lots of water, and get some PediaLyte (its electrolyte replacement drink for babies and this shit really works)or Gatorade. When you get up another 4 IB’s, plenty of water, Pedialyte or Gatorade.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
Tips? Sure, get hammered, have fun, don’t touch the strippers (but they can touch you). You’re just going to have to accept the fact that you’ll probably feel like death the next day. Don’t worry, it’s not that bad. Hell, many of us just call it “Sunday” (or, for the more serious drinkers “Morning”).

Best thing you can do is keep drinking water while you drink, but that never happens. Also, if you really want to make a preemptive strike against the hangover, leave a big bottle of gatorade and some ibuprofen next to your bed before you go out.

Chances are you’ll wake up early to piss, chug half the gatorade, take the ibuprofen, and go back to sleep for a few hours. When you finally get up, chug the rest of the gatorade and go find some greasy food, you’ll be fine in no time.[/quote]

Spoken like a true vet. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Thanks for the input. I’ll definitely drink a lot of water/gatorade and eat a lot.
I don’t think we’ll have any problems with the bouncers.
I also don’t think I’ll puke but we’ll see i guess.

[quote]obatiger11 wrote:
Before you go out take 4 ibuprofren and drink lots of water. Drink water throughout the night (if your friends even allow you too). When you get home take another 4 ibuprofren, chug lots of water, and get some PediaLyte (its electrolyte replacement drink for babies and this shit really works)or Gatorade. When you get up another 4 IB’s, plenty of water, Pedialyte or Gatorade. [/quote]

Alcohol and aspirin is a better mix, if you want to lessen the risk of renal failure.

Acute renal failure following binge drinking and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (Am J Kidney Dis. 1992 Sep;20(3):281-5).

I fell off the wagon a while back and used Chaser. Got it at a chain drug store. I used it as directed and drank like the total degenerate that I am. Absolutely no hangover. I wish I had found this stuff when I was a younger pup.

Don’t forget to duct tape your Johnson to your leg. Wouldn’t want to have one of “those” stories following you around for the rest of your life.

Being a college student who loves to party i’ve learned a few things about hang overs:

Drinking lots of water before passing out is a good idea.

a better idea is to make sure you are well hydrated before even starting the night.

when passing out, you are catching up on dehydration. when hydrated before boozing you are getting a jump on it.

take a vitamin before going out too. not necessarily immediatly, but the day of for sure. same as the water. don’t just drink a bunch of it an hour before leaving. it won’t help and you’ll just pee all night. drink lots of it all day to make sure you are hydrated.

as mentioned, drinking water and snacking intermittently through out the evening is ideal. the water so you aren’t dehydrated (the largest contributor to a hang over) and the food to soak up the alcohol and release it in to your blood slightly slower.

try a multi vitamin instead of an advil after the evening. it works for me and replenishes lots of the minerals you piss away.

also, in the morning, throw some green tea in to your liquid consumption. it will help remove the toxins that are making you feel shitty.

eat greasy food after waking up, but be sure the queasy feeling is gone from your stomach. when you feel like that you’ll throw everything up and feel worse. you should even drink water slowly and patiently at that point.

once the queasiness is gone and you just feel shitty eat grease and avoid sugar, including fruits. chug the water and have that green tea. another multi vitamin wouldn’t hurt either.

hang overs are not all that hard to get over. just keep in mind that large quantities of alcohol dehydrate you and stip you of certain minerals, it is also toxic after small amounts.

so water, vitamins and anti oxidants it is.

[quote]obatiger11 wrote:
Before you go out take 4 ibuprofren and drink lots of water. Drink water throughout the night (if your friends even allow you too). When you get home take another 4 ibuprofren, chug lots of water, and get some PediaLyte (its electrolyte replacement drink for babies and this shit really works)or Gatorade. When you get up another 4 IB’s, plenty of water, Pedialyte or Gatorade. [/quote]

I’m sorry but this is absolutely horrible advice. The PediaLyte and Gatorade and water is great, but DO NOT take ibuprofen, acetaminophen, aspirin, etc etc etc (NSAIDs) with alcohol. They are fine the next morning once you just have a headache and all the alcohol is out of your system, but as long as you have alcohol in you, NSAIDs can cause serious liver damage.

The gatorade and water, however, many of my friends swear by. Being in college and in a frat, I have some friends who love to drink so they have lots of hangovers to cure.

Probably wouldn’t hurt to take ZMA before you pass out to restore your test levels.

Gatorade is the best advice, and half-strength works great too - I don’t mind the taste at all. Get 2 32oz bottles - drink one before passing out, and have one ready for when you wake up. Sip out of it and dilute for taste and to stretch it out until you feel better. Also, taking motrin whenever you wake up is a good idea.