T Nation

Drunk Messaging/Dialing

[quote]apayne wrote:
Umm, you drunk message/dial people because you want to fuck. I didn’t know this was a mystery.[/quote]

This is true. end of story.

texting is the lowest, most insincere form of communication. this is why women take to it like ducks to water. men who text this way, drunk or otherwise, are merely allowing their inner-woman to show through.

remember we’re living in a low-t age. the coach who texted under drunken pretext, is a perfect example of this. “i was drunk” is the classic excuse for questionable behaviour - if you’re a woman. men simply behave without questions.

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
Never drunk-called a girl for the purpose of flirting or booty-calling (sorry, can’t help there), but I have drunk-called random people whose numbers are in my phone just to be an idiot.

I’ll usually get everyone in the room to say “hi” to them collectively and then invite whoever it is I’m calling to the festivities. If they’re lucky, I’ll tell some stupid drunken jokes or sing them a baudy song. All in good fun.

julia87, as for your coach, is this guy a school coach or privately hired?[/quote]

I’m with you. I’m a happy drunk and will occasionally drunk dial people for the fun of acting like an idiot.

Sometimes when drunk, while sharing drunk stories, I will suddenly have the urge to call someone I haven’t talked to you in years and ask if they remember stupid things from the past.

[quote]swivel wrote:
texting is the lowest, most insincere form of communication. this is why women take to it like ducks to water. men who text this way, drunk or otherwise, are merely allowing their inner-woman to show through.
[/quote]

Are you saying men should never text message? I completely disagree. If I need to tell someone something but don’t particularly need to talk to them, I think a text message is completely acceptable. Why would I call someone to say one statement when I don’t even really like talking on the phone.

On the other hand, if you are only referring to the back and forth banter of texts that so many chicks do nowadays, then I agree. No man should get caught up in this sort of stuff.

The original quote is, “A drunken tongues speaks a sober mind”. It’s one of those that’s been around too long to be attributed to anyone.

Drunk dialing is a consequence of being way too loaded and thinking about something that you want really badly.

If you want to get laid, you’ll call the girl that you think will lay you. If you just broke up with a girl, you’ll call her if you’re feeling lonely or regret it (even worse if she broke up with you)

What’s important to remember is that drinking shuts down logic- it makes us into extremely primitive beings.

Hence why for all social things like that, it can be dismissed by saying, “Hey, I was drunk.”

[quote]julia87 wrote:
Or can tell any psychology behind it? There is bound to be some.
[/quote]

Sure, psychobabelists call it the birds and the bees. I’m suprised you haven’t heard of it.

Those boys want to put their weewees into your woowho.

Class dismissed.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
swivel wrote:

Are you saying men should never text message? I completely disagree. If I need to tell someone something but don’t particularly need to talk to them, I think a text message is completely acceptable. Why would I call someone to say one statement when I don’t even really like talking on the phone.

On the other hand, if you are only referring to the back and forth banter of texts that so many chicks do nowadays, then I agree. No man should get caught up in this sort of stuff.[/quote]

I agree. I HATE talking on the phone. Texting is easier. Quick, to the point, and easy to end a conversation. However, I hate that back and forth shit. I really don’t have that much to say to ANYONE.

DD

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
The original quote is, “A drunken tongues speaks a sober mind”. It’s one of those that’s been around too long to be attributed to anyone.

Drunk dialing is a consequence of being way too loaded and thinking about something that you want really badly.

If you want to get laid, you’ll call the girl that you think will lay you. If you just broke up with a girl, you’ll call her if you’re feeling lonely or regret it (even worse if she broke up with you)

What’s important to remember is that drinking shuts down logic- it makes us into extremely primitive beings.

Hence why for all social things like that, it can be dismissed by saying, “Hey, I was drunk.”[/quote]

Ya know, if you’re a little girl.

Being drunk takes away your self control and inhibitions, so they dial. Its pretty simple. They act on impulse and dont think it through.

I’ve never drunk messaged/dialed out of the blue.

But I have texted/been texted by girls I’ve met at the bar that night while still drunk.

Nothing stupid, but sometimes I have to review my message log in the morning to see what, exactly I wrote.

Text messaging is hard enough for me, doing it drunk requires some serious concentration.

I can’t drink so no texting in drunken hase for me, however a female friend who drinks alot always leaves me messages/text saying she is thinking of me…or misses me, but never calls/texts me when she is sober.

Maybe I need to leave my phones on @ night, just to see what she has to say to me.

[quote]stockzy wrote:
julia87 wrote:
stockzy wrote:
A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts…

is that an actual quote from somewhere or did you make it up

I didn’t make it up but it’s a pretty popular saying here in Oz…
[/quote]

There is a sober man in Oz?

OK, here’s the rule:

Friends don’t let friends call/text drunk!

I agree with the drunk talk ~ sober thought concept… however… how many thoughts do you have in a day that you either flip your opinion or just didn’t think through?

The drunk person, or in this case the “drunk textor” (is that a word, if not I just invented it) acts on a momentary thought.

I have a hard time dialing when drunk. So I usually just throw myself at the person directly in all my drunken glory. This way, if they tell you to go fuck yourself, you can get a few good punches in before you start running for the door.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
I have a hard time dialing when drunk. So I usually just throw myself at the person directly in all my drunken glory. This way, if they tell you to go fuck yourself, you can get a few good punches in before you start running for the door. [/quote]

HAHAHAHA!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
swivel wrote:

On the other hand, if you are only referring to the back and forth banter of texts that so many chicks do nowadays, then I agree. No man should get caught up in this sort of stuff.[/quote]

mostly what i’m saying is texting costs money.

I don’t do it but I have been mighty tempted to!

Julia, your coach wants to get in your pants.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
I’ve never drunk messaged/dialed out of the blue.

But I have texted/been texted by girls I’ve met at the bar that night while still drunk.

Nothing stupid, but sometimes I have to review my message log in the morning to see what, exactly I wrote.

Text messaging is hard enough for me, doing it drunk requires some serious concentration.[/quote]

what if your flriting with a girl and then you say right after “oh i feel terrible, Im so sorry” “Sorry” “Im sorry” and the girl isnt even writing back and then the girl says “its ok, good night” to make him stop so she can sleep and he keeps on flirting after that?

[quote]julia87 wrote:
what if your flriting with a girl and then you say right after “oh i feel terrible, Im so sorry” “Sorry” “Im sorry” and the girl isnt even writing back and then the girl says “its ok, good night” to make him stop so she can sleep and he keeps on flirting after that?[/quote]

I’d say put the high school bullshit aside and tell him to fuck off…

Wait, so you’re a college girl and this guy is just out of college? He’s a privately hired trainer, and thus has no real position of power over you?

Drunk texting is lame, and not having the balls to own up to it is worse, but I don’t see any reason why this guy WOULDN’T try to get into your pants. Just reject him and drop the victim shtick already.

[quote]julia87 wrote:
stockzy wrote:
A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts…

is that an actual quote from somewhere or did you make it up

I was thinking about this. If this is true then my discus coach likes me a hell of a lot more than I want.
My coach hit on me via messaging this weekend, across six hours. [/quote]

It’s a take on the classic, in vino veritas.