T Nation

Drunk Messaging/Dialing

Ive had a lot of guys do this to me. Mostly guys Ive just met that I know like me, or guys Ive heard that like me.
I have no hilarious stories, they are all rather calm text messagers really really wanting to talk to me and ask me about myself/flirt.

Does anyone have any stories about this?
Or can tell any psychology behind it? There is bound to be some.

Why call the people you called?
I suspected that some people associate certain feelings to some people and act on those feelings by way of the strongest ones they feel when drunk or who they thought of before getting drunk, thus messaging them while drunk.

As most of the regulars know on this site, I am always doing my little investigations on everything, and I only turned up (in my investigation) with one psychologist saying that who the drunk text messagers text or dial is not by random most of the time and there is a reason why they do it mostly based on feelings of whatever sort.

As usual I want to know as much as possible about this so any stories, whether seriously wierd, stupid, funny, or highly disturbing are welcomed. As well as any thoughts on drunk dial/messaging.

I have nothing useful to add, but If you give me your phone number, I promise to call you the next time I get drunk.

A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts…
I guess some guys need a few cans of courage to ask a lady out. If it’s late at night though it’s just a booty call i reckon.
The worst is the ex texting and calling late at night that infuriates the new partner. The rules have changed with the advent of mobiles. Ex girlfriends/boyfriends now have a direct link to the old flame and this often can cause tension in a new relationship when one partner hasn’t the dignity to walk away quietly…:slight_smile:

Drunk dialing/messaging is much like talking to hot girls when drunk. While inhibitions are low and (for some of us) our “game” is at an elevated state, this is the most opportune time during which to talk to the hot girl we have a crush on but are too wussy to do anything about.

I have accidentally drunk texted an “Amy” (very recent ex at the time) rather than an “Annie” (another hot girl) by accident saying “Call me NOW”. I had some explaining to do the next day. It was funny though. Sometimes I may fake drunk dial just for fun.

Hope this helps a little.

DD

PS: I may drunk PM you one of these days. I’ll try to keep it somewhat clean.

Umm, you drunk message/dial people because you want to fuck. I didn’t know this was a mystery.

[quote]stockzy wrote:
[/quote]

is that an actual quote from somewhere or did you make it up

I was thinking about this. If this is true then my discus coach likes me a hell of a lot more than I want.
My coach hit on me via messaging this weekend, across six hours.

I thought only girls did this. If one of my friends got drunk to call a girl, I’d probably kick him in the nuts.

Holy shit though, a drunken texting? Text him back and say: “Stick your hand down your pants and make sure your balls are still there”

I’ve never understood drunk dialling people. When I’m drunk the last thing I want to do is play with a phone.

[quote]julia87 wrote:
stockzy wrote:

I was thinking about this. If this is true then my discus coach likes me a hell of a lot more than I want.
My coach hit on me via messaging this weekend, across six hours. [/quote]

Wow, what a creepy fuck.

EDIT: If you confront him about it later and he tries to excuse it by saying he was drunk, you can be assured that he is a worthless human being.

the drunken texts or calls ive gotten or given to people. i never understand them, or me. adn ive never given a drunken text but ive gotten a couple and they make no sense either ha.

So im just gunna be pretty blunt.

There texting/calling because they want to do you.

I got one from senior year of high school. I was 17, about to turn 18. My girlfriend had just broken up with me clear outta nowhere a couple weeks prior to X-mas vacation. I was pretty angry and upset.

So me and my Swedish friend Absolut and my comrade from Tennesse Jack decided to unleash the drunken fury from hell. Now, I had drank like 5 or 6 beers, cognac, several whisky and waters and 7 50-50 screwdrivers. I was sauced. I swore I made her cry. I think she was starting to when the conversation ended.

Never drunk-called a girl for the purpose of flirting or booty-calling (sorry, can’t help there), but I have drunk-called random people whose numbers are in my phone just to be an idiot.

I’ll usually get everyone in the room to say “hi” to them collectively and then invite whoever it is I’m calling to the festivities. If they’re lucky, I’ll tell some stupid drunken jokes or sing them a baudy song. All in good fun.

julia87, as for your coach, is this guy a school coach or privately hired?

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
julia87 wrote:
stockzy wrote:

My coach hit on me via messaging this weekend, across six hours.

Wow, what a creepy fuck.

EDIT: If you confront him about it later and he tries to excuse it by saying he was drunk, you can be assured that he is a worthless human being. [/quote]

That is exactly what he did.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
I have nothing useful to add, but If you give me your phone number, I promise to call you the next time I get drunk.[/quote]

i second that…

[quote]Digital Chainsaw wrote:
Never drunk-called a girl for the purpose of flirting or booty-calling (sorry, can’t help there), but I have drunk-called random people whose numbers are in my phone just to be an idiot.

I’ll usually get everyone in the room to say “hi” to them collectively and then invite whoever it is I’m calling to the festivities. If they’re lucky, I’ll tell some stupid drunken jokes or sing them a baudy song. All in good fun.

julia87, as for your coach, is this guy a school coach or privately hired?[/quote]

You sound fun haha!

privately hired by a college coach to train me. He is fresh out of college

[quote]julia87 wrote:
stockzy wrote:

[/quote]

I didn’t make it up but it’s a pretty popular saying here in Oz…

[quote]fong520 wrote:
the drunken texts or calls ive gotten or given to people. i never understand them, or me. adn ive never given a drunken text but ive gotten a couple and they make no sense either ha. [/quote]

I can see why you don’t understand them…
and I have drunk called girls inviting them out while I am out with other girls… doesn’t go over too well usually

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
I thought only girls did this. If one of my friends got drunk to call a girl, I’d probably kick him in the nuts.

Holy shit though, a drunken texting? Text him back and say: “Stick your hand down your pants and make sure your balls are still there”

I’ve never understood drunk dialling people. When I’m drunk the last thing I want to do is play with a phone.[/quote]

Dude, I think his hand was probably there anyways…

Sometimes I call my friends to say stupid shit and hang up, but usually I just feel like playing with bud and roll somethin up…god damn alcohol.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:

I’ve never understood drunk dialling people. When I’m drunk the last thing I want to do is play with a phone.[/quote]

Totally agree with this.

I have a friend who works in a mobile phone store and she said the majority of phones that are brought in for repairs/replacement are due to having them dropped in urinals and toilets. Drinking and mobile phones don’t mix.

I’m a shameless drunk dialer. I always have to check my phone after I get blackout drunk to make sure I didn’t do anything I regret/call and apologize to people for doing things I regret.

Honestly, two weeks on the VD without booze and I can’t say I miss it.