Drunk Chick Theme Songs

If you spend any amount of time in bars across America you will see a lot of drunk chicks. Some are older divorced women. Some are younger college girls. Some are in between. Yet, for whatever reason, there is always a select few songs that every damn female in the bar, from age 21 to 35, will get up and go American Idol for. They hear the intro and realize, “This is sooo my song!!” Here are the top 12 drunk chick songs that do just that.

1. Stayin’ Alive - The Bee-Gees
    This is mostly for the younger crowd. They jump up and start poking out eyes with their back and forth finger pointing. You’re safe if you can make it past the first verse, because the chicks usually get bored by then. Too bad the song’s still on for 4 more minutes.

2. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
    No one knows the lyrics or the chorus, but you know it’s on when the whole bar yells “Buh, buh, buh!” I think drunk girls just like yelling out a bunch of gibberish.

3. Yeah - Usher
    Watch out when this song comes on. All the thirty-something women suddenly feel the need to act cool and young again. They’ll get up and try to dance like they’re on Soul Train. This is the chance for all the college aged guys to hook up with a MILF.

4. Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
    I never realized how big of a bar song this was until I lived in California. Chicks out there would jump up and bounce their heads back and forth like they were in the dance scene from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

5. Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-A-Lot
    There’s nothing funnier than watching a bunch of drunk white chicks lip-speaking the intro to this. Actually, no, that’s not funny at all. At least it gets the girls to “shake that healthy butt.”

6. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
    Stay away during this. This song is going to remind every girl in the place of at least one particular guy. Usually it was someone that was hard to break up with. Just let the girls hold hands and scream the chorus, since that’s all they know.

7. Hey Ya! - Outkast
    I was at a father-daughter dance at an elementary school a few years ago and this came on. Every girl from kindergarten to fourth grade started screaming and jumping around. Apparently this song transcends age and intoxication. Or maybe the chocolate milk was spiked.

8. Like a Prayer - Madonna
    I really have no idea what this song is about. All I know is that when the “ooh’s” from the intro come on, drunk chicks suddenly need some room to hop back and forth on one leg – I mean dance.

9. Livin’ on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
    Why do chicks like this song so much? It’s about a rocky relationship that, and I’m sorry Jon, probably won’t make it, I swear.

10. Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
    This is actually the song that got me thinking of making this list. I was at a bar recently talking with some girls. They were complaining that the place died down and people were leaving because of the music they were currently playing. I asked for examples of songs that would get the place going again. This was one of the suggestions. We got the bartender to play it, and then, after seeing the sugar packets on the table, got half the bar to sing “Pour Some Splenda on Me.”

11. You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
    It’s nice that when this song comes on girls suddenly want to be rock video girls and dance like strippers. It sucks that suddenly so many drunk guys want to scream the lyrics and play air guitar.

12. Don’t Stop Believin’ - Journey
    The opening keyboard riff is just the beginning. Then it goes on and on and on until the whole bar is holding on to that feeling. Everybody has to believe in something. Especially at 2 am.

When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought “Don’t Stop Believin’.” This list is to the T.

-dizzle

“Sweet Home Alababma”. It’s a great song but it’s been beat to death by all forms of media and advertising and it’s to the point where every washed up bar-whore knows it and feels compelled to sing along to it.

When I first saw the subject, I immediately thought “Pour Some Sugar On Me.”

Every skank itching to take their sweaty panties off knows it by heart.

Buckcherry - Crazy bitch

Played at almost every bar here. It’ll definitely get the drunken broads riled up

[quote]TKL wrote:
Buckcherry - Crazy bitch

Played at almost every bar here. It’ll definitely get the drunken broads riled up[/quote]

Yup. I hate that song more than anything else in the world, but those girls just eat it up.

You forgot “Livin on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. EVERYBODY sings along to it. I think it’s actually socially acceptable to sing along to it though.

And maz, you’re right about Skynard. What I absolutely loathe is seeing a bunch of people go “yeah!! Play some Skynnnard!! Play Free Bird!!” when KFC Buffalo Blazin Wings, I mean Sweet Home Alabama comes on. It makes me want to throw a glass of vodka at them.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
You forgot “Livin on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. EVERYBODY sings along to it. I think it’s actually socially acceptable to sing along to it though.[/quote]

It’s number 4

Yeah, I guess Sweet Home Alabama could have been on the list.

But it just goes to show just how common this phenomenon is across the country when all you need to see is the title and you immediately think of one of the top 5 songs.

I thought this was all just Jersey Shore Whore shit. I concur Malonetd.

Awesome

I was laughing on Halloween weekend when pour some sugar on me came on and they cut the audio so they all sang the chorus.

Wooooah Ohhhhh, liiiiiiiiivin’ on a prayyyyyyyyah!

[quote]Contrl wrote:
When I first saw the subject, I immediately thought “Pour Some Sugar On Me.”

Every skank itching to take their sweaty panties off knows it by heart.[/quote]

Q: What has 9 arms and sucks?
A: Def Leopard

-Touche Contrl, this time you stole the words from me. #1 Chick Bar Song in my realm.

For some reason, “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice is extremely poplar with the 30-something women around here.

Some also-rans:
“Wild Thang” by Tone Loc
“Push It” by Salt-n-Peppa
“Welcome to the Jungle” GNR
“Brick House” - Commodores

“It’s Raining Men” - Weather Girls

At least in Austria. Annoying as hell.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
For some reason, “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice is extremely poplar with the 30-something women around here.

Some also-rans:
“Wild Thang” by Tone Loc

[/quote]

These songs were all huge bar songs when I was in college. Never thought anyone would refer to GNR songs as for chicks. I have to disagree with OP that “Shook Me All Night Long” is for drunk chicks. This was another song that, when I was in college, all the drunk guys did their Angus Young impersonations (present company included). When I was in my Advanced Officer Course in the Army, there were these two guys from Alabama who made us all Karaoke to “Sweet Home Alabama” every single night. I got sick of it, but at least I now know all the words.

DB

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
“Sweet Home Alababma”. It’s a great song but it’s been beat to death by all forms of media and advertising and it’s to the point where every washed up bar-whore knows it and feels compelled to sing along to it.[/quote]

No. This thread is about drunk chicks. Sweet Home Alabama applies to fat chicks.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Some also-rans:
“Wild Thang” by Tone Loc

These songs were all huge bar songs when I was in college. Never thought anyone would refer to GNR songs as for chicks. I have to disagree with OP that “Shook Me All Night Long” is for drunk chicks. This was another song that, when I was in college, all the drunk guys did their Angus Young impersonations (present company included). When I was in my Advanced Officer Course in the Army, there were these two guys from Alabama who made us all Karaoke to “Sweet Home Alabama” every single night. I got sick of it, but at least I now know all the words.

DB[/quote]

Notice that I did mention all the drunk guys in You Shook Me’s description.

Where does that Closing Time song fit into this ? I think it might be done by Cold Play. All I remember is the lines, “I know who I want to take me home” Don’t all the broads sing that one ?

[quote]malonetd wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Some also-rans:
“Wild Thang” by Tone Loc

DB

Notice that I did mention all the drunk guys in You Shook Me’s description.
[/quote]

I guess my point was that this is nothing new. Guys have been doing this to AC/DC for decades. We had a whole air band rendition of “Sink the Pink”, back when we were cool.

DB