T Nation

Drug Tests: DMAE

Will dmae give me a false positive for any drug that would be a problem in a diversion program that drug tests for narcotics like meth coke weed heroin ect… I just pot the optimum nutrition platinum pre work out. I looked through the label and did not notice any thing that would give me a false positive for drugs. But for some dumb reason i didnt look up dmae. I already took the product and if it will give me a false positive that anybody knows of i have 2 and a half days to get it out of my system. I looked it up on the internet and could not find a answer any help would be apreciated.

If I recall correctly it’s only a methyl group away from becoming choline, which is naturally occuring in the body, so I find it very unlikely that a drug test will react to it.

I used to take white lightening which containes DMAE (geranium oil). I had a a workplace urine drug test about an hour after taking a tablet & had been taking them regularly for weeks. I tested negative for everything.

[quote]dudsman wrote:
I used to take white lightening which containes DMAE (geranium oil). I had a a workplace urine drug test about an hour after taking a tablet & had been taking them regularly for weeks. I tested negative for everything. [/quote]

Geranium contains DMAA, not DMAE.

thank you all very much that puts my worries to rest… Lol now i just have to make sure i don’t eat a poppy seed muffin on accident!