T Nation

Drug-Free Powerlifter Kameron Ross

" There is no secret routine; there is no magical number of reps and sets. What there is, is confidence, belief, hard work on a consistent basis, and a desire to succeed. This is what I mean when I say accept your limits and when the time is right, you will push right through your limits time and time again, mentally and physically "

My name is Kameron Ross and I am a lifetime drug free Powerlifter. I have been training strictly powerlifting since January 2010. My first powerlifting meet was August 2010. That day I was bitten by the iron bug and each day my passion grows for the sport and my motivation is through the roof. I am starting this training log to be surrounded by people who share my passion, can help me improve, and continue to learn as much as possible about training as I can. I appreciate and welcome any advice!

Nice. Welcome. I’ll be following.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Nice. Welcome. I’ll be following.[/quote]

Awesome thank you!

SHEIKO MASTER OF SPORT PREP # 2 : WEEK 4 DAY 6

Double Pause Deads (No belt)
315 X 4
375 X 4
440 X 3 X 2
470 X 2 X 4

Incline Bench Press
205 X 6
215 X 6
225 X 6 (PR)
225 X 4

Military press
95 X 5
115 X 5
135 X 5 X 3

Hip Thrusts
225 X 5
275 X 5
315 X 5
365 X 5 X 2

Bottom up Leg press + doubled Light bands
2 plates X 6
4 plates X 6
6 plates X 6
8 plates X 6 X 3

Rope cable high pulls
X 10 X 6 (3 low 3 high)

Felt great today! I was worried I would not be able to pull without a belt because my SI joint has been acting up causing some lower back pain. Luckily it held up and I am confident I am close to 100 % again! I have begun to Roll on a big PVC pipe for 20 minutes and stretch for 10 before I go to bed and its already helping tremendously! It takes a great deal of self-motivation to do it but the pay off is worth it.

How long have you been running Sheiko?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
How long have you been running Sheiko?[/quote]

4 weeks 6 Days ha ha. Ive tweaked it a bit though so im not running it 100% strict. Some things I have currently done to it…

• Go no belt with double pauses
  • Drop Rack Pulls and do hip thrusts instead
  • Do a max rep set at the end of a exercises
  • Run 2nd round of bench with no feet
  • And raise my percentages from week to week if i feel fit

Check out the link to my USPlabs training log and you can see some of the tweaks in more detail! I am loving it so far.

Awesome stuff - what’s your height/weight? Double pause deads look brutal.

Also, what video editing software do you use? I’ve seen that style on a few vids by other people and it looks nicer than what I’m using lol.

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
Awesome stuff - what’s your height/weight? Double pause deads look brutal.

Also, what video editing software do you use? I’ve seen that style on a few vids by other people and it looks nicer than what I’m using lol.[/quote]

Thanks! I am 5’10’’ and 210-215 BW. The video editing software I use is “imovie” on my Mac. Pretty simple and easy to use! Double pause deads have been my favorite accessory lift for deads. I have noticed a big carryover with them,

There seems to be a pattern here with 220lb weight class powerlifters and sheiko here

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
There seems to be a pattern here with 220lb weight class powerlifters and sheiko here [/quote]

Ha ha I can see that. Im getting alot of advice from Ben Rice who runs Sheiko. Dudes a Beast so i figured I would give his training style a try! Loving it so far…

awww shit, its zeds dead in a workout video haha, but nice liftin maine

[quote]Kameron Ross wrote:

There seems to be a pattern here with 220lb weight class powerlifters and sheiko here [/quote]

Ha ha I can see that. Im getting alot of advice from Ben Rice who runs Sheiko. Dudes a Beast so i figured I would give his training style a try! Loving it so far…[/quote]

I feel like I’m obligated to talk to both of you about Sheiko then lol

What are your long term plans with Sheiko?

[quote]youknow wrote:
awww shit, its zeds dead in a workout video haha, but nice liftin maine[/quote]

Nice catch lol. I try to mix up the music a bit to make the videos a little more interesting.

Ha ha I can see that. Im getting alot of advice from Ben Rice who runs Sheiko. Dudes a Beast so i figured I would give his training style a try! Loving it so far…[/quote]

I feel like I’m obligated to talk to both you about Sheiko then lol

What are your long term plans with Sheiko?[/quote]

I am new to Sheiko and have only been running it for 4 weeks. My long term plans are to continue to tweak it to suit my needs. The thing I have noticed with it is along as you stick with the basic concept of the program you can adjust it to make it more custom for you. After every week if i dont feel like the workout was killer and made me feel like death I will up my percentages.

I feel like I’m obligated to talk to both you about Sheiko then lol

What are your long term plans with Sheiko?[/quote]

I am new to Sheiko and have only been running it for 4 weeks. My long term plans are to continue to tweak it to suit my needs. The thing I have noticed with it is along as you stick with the basic concept of the program you can adjust it to make it more custom for you. After every week if i dont feel like the workout was killer and made me feel like death I will up my percentages.
[/quote]

I see, my suggestion would be to increase your maxes 6.25lbs so the 80% training weight you’re using will go up a constant 5lbs.

Do you have any meets in the near future.

Thats great advice! I am planning on doing a full meet March 31st then Deadlifting at a Pro event at the Emereld cup bodybuilding championships April 20th. What about you?

Thats great advice! I am planning on doing a full meet March 31st then Deadlifting at a Pro event at the Emereld cup bodybuilding championships April 20th. What about you? [/quote]

Anytime man, Sheiko has a periodization nuance to it, I guess you can say. If you ever go to the regular plans of Sheiko (i.e. Sheiko #29) there’s a certain order you can do them in to reap the most benefit out your training,.

I have a meet coming up on the 29th and I think I might do another one in May, and then August is USAPL Raw Nationals and I hope to do some damage there.

What are your numbers? and how did you get the sponsorship?

Thats great advice! I am planning on doing a full meet March 31st then Deadlifting at a Pro event at the Emereld cup bodybuilding championships April 20th. What about you? [/quote]

Anytime man, Sheiko has a periodization nuance to it, I guess you can say. If you ever go to the regular plans of Sheiko (i.e. Sheiko #29) there’s a certain order you can do them in to reap the most benefit out your training,.

I have a meet coming up on the 29th and I think I might do another one in May, and then August is USAPL Raw Nationals and I hope to do some damage there.

What are your numbers? and how did you get the sponsorship?[/quote]

Awesome! I cant wait to here about how you do! My best numbers in a meet are 501 Squat, 314 Bench, and a 623 Deadlift. I was expecting a lot more in my last meet but I think the weight cut hindered me a ton. I am looking forward to going 220 and putting up some bigger numbers! As for as sponsorship goes if you give me a email I will be gladly to let you know some reasons I picked it up.

Awesome! I cant wait to here about how you do! My best numbers in a meet are 501 Squat, 314 Bench, and a 623 Deadlift. I was expecting a lot more in my last meet but I think the weight cut hindered me a ton. I am looking forward to going 220 and putting up some bigger numbers! As for as sponsorship goes if you give me a email I will be gladly to let you know some reasons I picked it up.
[/quote]

Cool man, I have a training log here as well. There’s a lot of Sheiko related info in it too if you’re curious.

Were just recently 198? Or is the 205lb weight class now? (Silly IPF) And what did you cut from and to?

Check your PM (personal Message)

[/quote]

Cool man, I have a training log here as well. There’s a lot of Sheiko related info in it too if you’re curious.

Were just recently 198? Or is the 205lb weight class now? (Silly IPF) And what did you cut from and to?

Check your PM (personal Message) [/quote]

I will Subscribe to your Log for sure! I was just recently 198 at my last meet in december. I cut from about 210 to 196ish.