T Nation

Dropping Bodyfat Fast?

I am 5 foot 3 inches…I weigh 130 I am 14.5% body fat. I really want to cut a little more fat but I cant seem to and I dont know what I should do with my workout and my eating to get to that point?
anyone can help?

How old are you?

lol.

gotta be a troll man.

come on bonez

Tell us what you’re doing now.

Could be a woman.

LR

there is this thing at the top right, it will help you cut all the body fat you want, its called SEARCH. You will find what you are looking for. Eat clean with a 500 calorie cut, train hard, and you’ll get where you want.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
lol.

gotta be a troll man.

come on bonez[/quote]

eh you never know. Could be a 16 year old. In which case the advice is to STFU and eat so you don’t stay 5’3 for the rest of your sad existence. Or it could be a hobbit.

I am 28, I AM female
I have been training hard, I dont know if it is my workout or my food.
I my meals are as follows…

1. pre workout- protien drink
  2. post workout- 1/2 dried oatmeal, spinach mushrooms and broccolin with 6 eggs whites
  3. snack- meal replacement drink
  4. lunch- 4 oz chicken, lettuce and spinach salad with balsamic vinagarette spray
  5. snack- turkey low carb tortilla
  6. Dinner- Chicken and broccoli
  7. Before bed- 4 egg whites

thanks

[quote]emhasleggs wrote:
I am 28, I AM female
I have been training hard, I dont know if it is my workout or my food.
I my meals are as follows…

1. pre workout- protien drink
  2. post workout- 1/2 dried oatmeal, spinach mushrooms and broccolin with 6 eggs whites
  3. snack- meal replacement drink
  4. lunch- 4 oz chicken, lettuce and spinach salad with balsamic vinagarette spray
  5. snack- turkey low carb tortilla
  6. Dinner- Chicken and broccoli
  7. Before bed- 4 egg whites

thanks[/quote]

I think you should also post this in the diet forum on figureathlete.com. I feel like there is a much better chance of getting a wide variety of opinions there. You should also provide a lot more information. How active you are and what kind of stuff you are doing in the gym would be a good start.

my only advice is simple-

If you want to loose/gain weight, adjust equation accordingly

energy IN = energy OUT

now if you want to get really hot, start lifting weights. There are a number of good workouts on this site. The search bar in the top left is really handy : )

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:

energy IN = energy OUT

now if you want to get really hot, start lifting weights. There are a number of good workouts on this site. The search bar in the top left is really handy : )[/quote]

completely agreed, if your not already try lifting heavy with intesity; its not just for guys despite what any personal trainer might tell you. go to figure athlete forum though, they will be loads more help im sure.

More important than ANYTHING that has been said, you might want to get a better (read: accurate) measurement of your body fat. 14.5% is in the advanced athlete range for females, with 12% being the most commonly accepted low for women (with on stage bodybuilding females a notable exception).

If you are in fact at 14.5% body fat, and assuming it’s being stored in the usual places…you should be pretty damned fit. Most females will look lean and athletic to around the 18% mark.

If your numbers are accurate then it’s not fat you’re storing, but muscle (this is good news no matter who you are). You could certainly put a leaning plan together for the next month or so and aim to lose 2-3 lbs. of fat, and I hope that’s the case for you, but I fear it may be misinformation leading you a little astray.

Get the body fat checked by an experienced trainer, ignore whatever your body fat scale says (they are notoriously inaccurate, and can can have a margin of error to the tune of +/-10%) and adjust your plans accordingly.

Yeah, 14.5% usually looks pretty damn good on a female. So does 5’3", 130lbs :wink:

Your diet seems to be just fine, what do your workouts look like?

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:

energy IN = energy OUT

now if you want to get really hot, start lifting weights. There are a number of good workouts on this site. The search bar in the top left is really handy : )[/quote]

I lift quite heavy, ie…dumbbell chest press 30-35 lbs on each side. I think I am quite strong I like my upper body but it is my lower body that I would like to tone a little more.
I am a runner too, I run outside, I do the stepmill at the gym, lots of squats and cant seem to get exactly what I want…I will have to check out the check out the workouts here…I am new to this stuff on this site

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Yeah, 14.5% usually looks pretty damn good on a female. So does 5’3", 130lbs :wink:

Your diet seems to be just fine, what do your workouts look like?[/quote]

ok, well I will show you a pic, this was taken in Jan… since then I have lost more bady fat

[quote]Jeffe wrote:
More important than ANYTHING that has been said, you might want to get a better (read: accurate) measurement of your body fat. 14.5% is in the advanced athlete range for females, with 12% being the most commonly accepted low for women (with on stage bodybuilding females a notable exception).

If you are in fact at 14.5% body fat, and assuming it’s being stored in the usual places…you should be pretty damned fit. Most females will look lean and athletic to around the 18% mark.

If your numbers are accurate then it’s not fat you’re storing, but muscle (this is good news no matter who you are). You could certainly put a leaning plan together for the next month or so and aim to lose 2-3 lbs. of fat, and I hope that’s the case for you, but I fear it may be misinformation leading you a little astray.

Get the body fat checked by an experienced trainer, ignore whatever your body fat scale says (they are notoriously inaccurate, and can can have a margin of error to the tune of +/-10%) and adjust your plans accordingly. [/quote]

Well I got my body fat checked 4 times in a row with the callipers, he is a trainer…I just feeel like the workouts he gives me isnt doing anything.
he has me doing 3 days weightlifting a whole body workout each of those days and then inbetween those days I am doing 1 hr of cardio, stepmill, running, or spinning…

What else are you doing for lower body? Any lifting?

1. You lift heavy for upper body, and you like the way it’s working for you.
  2. You do steady state cardio for your lower body, and you don’t like the way it’s working for you.

Just judging by the pic, you’re upper body looks great. Nice calves, too. Squats, heavy lunges, some glute/ham raises, and maybe some stiff-legged romanian deads will fill your legs out the way you want them. Basically just do for your lower body what you’ve done for your upper body.

I’m posting this with the assumption that you’re not satisfied with your overall shape, not necessarily your body fat level. Ignore me if I’m wrong.

first off body fat measurements arent generally accurate. id just ignore that number. your doin a lot of exercise and not eatin much in the way of calories, i think you might be worryin to hard about your weight. eat more fruit, and def eat egg yolks as some general advice (though you may be on a specific diet). eat more whole food, and unless you really start packin on pounds you shoould be fine. if you really want, check out the velocity diet forum for quick fat loss.

ive noticed that women who were active in sports, or were as a teen, may develop a larger frame, and that leads to what seems to be excess fat. however, i do believe the extra size is muscle, so if you were a dancer, soccer player etc that would explain extra size.

when it comes to squattin, more reps at a light weight will not lead to more toned muscle. lower reps wth heavier weights (to the tune of 1-3 reps to avoid extra size) would produce that toned look you admire.

crossfit classes are generally regarded as very beneficial towards the physique of a woman, and in that vein kettlebell use is also beneficial. i believe both these work to balance posture, which is usually disrupted in most women (too much heels). correctin posture gives the waist a far more streamlined look, and also well benefit your training.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
What else are you doing for lower body? Any lifting?

1. You lift heavy for upper body, and you like the way it’s working for you.
  2. You do steady state cardio for your lower body, and you don’t like the way it’s working for you.

Just judging by the pic, you’re upper body looks great. Nice calves, too. Squats, heavy lunges, some glute/ham raises, and maybe some stiff-legged romanian deads will fill your legs out the way you want them. Basically just do for your lower body what you’ve done for your upper body.

I’m posting this with the assumption that you’re not satisfied with your overall shape, not necessarily your body fat level. Ignore me if I’m wrong.[/quote]

THanks for your input! I do leg stuff but basically I am afraid of getting too Huge, I really want my legs leaner not bigger, I feel like my legs are already too big. I do like my upper body, it is my butt and my thighs that I am trying to lean out more.

I am sorry I didnt realize this Forum was for the MEN, I am new at this lol :slight_smile:

For whatever it’s worth. I think you look great as is…

Don’t lose anymore fat at all.

(But if you are cutting for a show or some specific reason, and my dumbass missed it, ignore me.)

There are a few woman on here that bust ass, and I’m sure they would love to help you with a routine too. (Not that these guys are being dumbasses or anything.)