Dropped The DB On My Foot

A friend of mine was using the pulldown machine and managed to dislodge the main bar (quite a bit of weight was loaded on it) from the hole in the rest of the weights. I told him to lift the weight by doing a pulldown and lower it slowly there while I guide the bar back into it’s slot.

He lifted the weight then when the bar was in the slot he let go while my hand was still under the weight.

Luckily nothing broke but it was swollen for about 4 days.

[quote]painjoe wrote:
JF
you should soak your toe in warm water and epsom salts to avoid getting an igrown toenail until it grows back.
-pj

I had a 10# plate slide off of a hammer strength machine while I was unloading a 45 and land on my big toe…ouch![/quote]

Thanks Joe,
I started soaking it last night. I popped the ever expanding blood blister finally, after my ER nurse friend of mine told me I should do so. The thing is still leaking like crazy. Bleh

JF

[quote]MikeKubo wrote:
I’ve dropped a few plates and a heavy dumbbell on my feet before. Never got hurt though. A lil thing I did by accident the first time, purposely the other two was to lift my foot a bit off the ground as I saw it falling. That made sure it didn’t get crunched between the floor, and I was fine.

To the Sicilian, the junk in the rack story is about the worst thing I’ve ever read or heard about when it comes to racking dumbbells. You’ve just added to my phobia sir. There’s not one time I rack a dumbbell over 30 lbs that I don’t get a small twinge of nervousness. I mean, ever. All thanks to 9 years ago in high school.

There was a group of like 9 of us all working out together. Dude goes to rack a dumbbell, just tosses it up there, and thats all it took. We hear a scream, we see blood, we look down. There, lying on the floor, is roughly 2/3rd’s of the kids index finger.

This goes through my head EVERY day I lift, and now I have to worry about getting my balls squashed after doing shrugs as well. Especially since I believe we’re both 5’6" tall, so the height would be the same (don’t tell me I’m the only weirdo here who knows way too much useless trivia about the other posters on this site). Oy.

Kubo[/quote]

Man, I have lots of reasons to be paranoid going to the gym now. Did your buddy get his finger reattached, or was that it for that finger…

JF

have done the lateral raise one … I wasnt crying but my eyeballs were sweating a lot… have dropped a weight on my toe and the nail came off in my sock…

one of the things that makes me feel most stupid is the bent over rows bar in my gym is fixed and 9 out of 10 times when I walk past it I am fine but that one other time I will clip my shin or ankle at full whack…

In H.S. my friend was doing SLD’s on a 4" box and at the end of his set, just dropped the bar…right on the tops of his feet. Lucky he didn’t chop the fuckers in half.

Dropped a plate on my toe one time…just being stupid taking the weight off of the rack with sweaty hands and it slipped

I didn’t break my toe or anything but the pressure blew my toenail off…this was followed by alot of colorful words and people with their jaws on the ground

The worst thing that ever happened to me in the weight room was when I was doing decline bench without a spotter. I had just finished doing a set of 10 with 135. As I was getting ready to rack the weight my elbows buckled and the bar came down right on my neck, it actually bounced off of my throat.

It was the scariest thing I ever experienced in the gym. On top of that, there was nobody around at the time, so I had to dump the bar off to the side and wiggle out from under it.

I guess I am lucky that I didn’t have more weight on the bar. Maybe all those neck bridges during footbal and wrestling practice paid off!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Haha man I dropped a 110lb DB on my foot about a month or two ago. I just got done with bench and left it on the bench as I stood up to relax. Yeah it rolled off on my foot.[/quote]

Shit, guess what I won’t be doing anymore either.

[quote]Keyser Soze wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
Haha man I dropped a 110lb DB on my foot about a month or two ago. I just got done with bench and left it on the bench as I stood up to relax. Yeah it rolled off on my foot.

Shit, guess what I won’t be doing anymore either.
[/quote]

No Kidding. It seems like a lot of people have dropped DBs on their feet while they were resting them on the bench.

JF

well, I was squating and when I was to set back the weight I got my finger into the power rack and got 220lbs on my finger. Not a good id?e : )