Drop In Test Levels?

i asked this question in the supplement section to no avail. i want to ask here as i feel you people know more about supplements in general due to your greater understanding of how the body works and reacts with chemicals.

i was wondering if any one knows what effects saw palmetto might have on test levels?

studies have shown that it aids in prostate health as well as in preventing hairloss due to it’s ability to destroy DHT.

does it hurt test levels too?

Does not destroy any DHT. It reduces conversion of T–>DHT.

So that might increase FT. But you need HDT for androgenic and libido effects. When drugs are taken that [strongly] reduce DHT, sex drive can be reduced.

It does not aid in prostate health, but helps once the prostate gets to be a problem from enlargement or cancer. As men age, and T goes down and E goes up, it is thought that the E is a driver of prostate enlargement, not T. Case in point, young guys with lots of T and DHT do not get these problems, it is guys with low T and high E that are vulnerable.

So in the long term, stay slim as fat promotes/performs T–>E conversion. Deal with E if it becomes an issue.

I have wondered about guys in the middle. Perhaps AI, alone without gear, would be good for health and training needs. Might help libido in some cases as well. Someone in that category should try arimidex and report back.

thanks

[quote]KSman wrote:
Does not destroy any DHT. It reduces conversion of T–>DHT.

So that might increase FT. But you need HDT for androgenic and libido effects. When drugs are taken that [strongly] reduce DHT, sex drive can be reduced.

It does not aid in prostate health, but helps once the prostate gets to be a problem from enlargement or cancer. As men age, and T goes down and E goes up, it is thought that the E is a driver of prostate enlargement, not T. Case in point, young guys with lots of T and DHT do not get these problems, it is guys with low T and high E that are vulnerable.

So in the long term, stay slim as fat promotes/performs T–>E conversion. Deal with E if it becomes an issue.

I have wondered about guys in the middle. Perhaps AI, alone without gear, would be good for health and training needs. Might help libido in some cases as well. Someone in that category should try arimidex and report back.[/quote]

good read :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Advanced-Stealth