Drone Strikes Info

Have an informative speech coming up. My topic can be whatever but I’m thinking drone use. Anybody know of a good drone documentary maybe on youtube. I know nothing about drones and the speech needs to be 5 mins with a video clip if we want.

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:
Have an informative speech coming up. My topic can be whatever but I’m thinking drone use. Anybody know of a good drone documentary maybe on youtube. I know nothing about drones and the speech needs to be 5 mins with a video clip if we want.[/quote]

It’s far too complex of a subject for a 5 minute monologue. This is an informative speech, not a 30 page International Relations research paper. Stick to something more basic, such as on campus issues. Yeah its kinda gay, but so is an intro to communication class.

Thats what I thought so I was just going to state what a drone is, what they’re used for, and why people think theres a problem with them. Otherwise, I was going to do steroids but nobody in the class would find it interesting. And campus issues was already taken lol.

Just was told an idea to do the “Illuminati” conspiracy. Sounds pretty interesting and I could probably give a decent speech on it. Anybody know about this or know any good sources for it

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:
Just was told an idea to do the “Illuminati” conspiracy. Sounds pretty interesting and I could probably give a decent speech on it. Anybody know about this or know any good sources for it[/quote]

The First Tomb Raider Movie.

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:
Have an informative speech coming up. My topic can be whatever but I’m thinking drone use. Anybody know of a good drone documentary maybe on youtube. I know nothing about drones and the speech needs to be 5 mins with a video clip if we want.[/quote]

Be more specific.

Drone use in COD.

Cheap or a valid tactic? How do you escape a drone once some noob spawns it?

[quote]harrypotter wrote:

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:

Be more specific.

Drone use in COD.

Cheap or a valid tactic? How do you escape a drone once some noob spawns it?[/quote]

This. If this doesn’t work out, maybe you can try giving a speech on the pros and cons of zercher squats.

I watched a show on PBS called Nova and they had a whole episode about Drones. Really fucking cool and you can probably take an aspect from one part of the episode and talk about that.

I recommend anybody to watch this. It is very informative and a little creepy what drones can do and will do in the future.

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:

Why don’t you really freak the class out and introduce them to the latest and greatest in our esteemed government’s assault on our privacy and civil liberties by giving a speech about insect-sized drones?

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
I watched a show on PBS called Nova and they had a whole episode about Drones. Really fucking cool and you can probably take an aspect from one part of the episode and talk about that.

I recommend anybody to watch this. It is very informative and a little creepy what drones can do and will do in the future.[/quote]

Thats awesome thanks

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:

Why don’t you really freak the class out and introduce them to the latest and greatest in our esteemed government’s assault on our privacy and civil liberties by giving a speech about insect-sized drones?

Thanks this is pretty much what im doing

Drones are the basic platform for targeted killings/assassinations. You’ve got some reading to do before you present that topic.

http://www.cfr.org/counterterrorism/targeted-killings/p9627

http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/12/19/q-us-targeted-killings-and-international-law

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:
Just was told an idea to do the “Illuminati” conspiracy. Sounds pretty interesting and I could probably give a decent speech on it. Anybody know about this or know any good sources for it[/quote]

No.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:

No.
[/quote]

It’s like fight club.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:

No.
[/quote]

It’s like fight club.
[/quote]

I fucking love drones and hellfire missiles.

Here is what I learned about drones from the TV.

1. When Bush used drones to target terrorists in an active combat theatre, it was bad. Innocent people were killed. It was a travesty. Horrid. Made the world hate America and would cause more terrorism.

2. When Obama uses drones to:(1) not only target terrorist in active combat theatres also killing collateral persons, but also (2) targeting potential terrorists (including American citizens who have not been tried in court) in non-combat areas, and (3) refusing to take off the table drone strikes, without trial, inside the continental USA of persons he unilaterally deems a terrorists, without oversight, is not worth mentioning on the news or a good thing.

Given you are at school, this should be fine and acceptable to the typical teacher.

For bonus points, condemn Israel’s use of drones to target missle batteries being used to shell civilians in Israel and defend the attacks on Israeli civilians as “freedom fighting” or something.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

1. When Bush used drones to target terrorists in an active combat theatre, it was bad. Innocent people were killed. It was a travesty. Horrid. Made the world hate America and would cause more terrorism.

2. When Obama uses drones to:(1) not only target terrorist in active combat theatres also killing collateral persons, but also (2) targeting potential terrorists (including American citizens who have not been tried in court) in non-combat areas, and (3) refusing to take off the table drone strikes, without trial, inside the continental USA of persons he unilaterally deems a terrorists, without oversight, is not worth mentioning on the news or a good thing.

Given you are at school, this should be fine and acceptable to the typical teacher.

For bonus points, condemn Israel’s use of drones to target missle batteries being used to shell civilians in Israel and defend the attacks on Israeli civilians as “freedom fighting” or something.[/quote]

The people who complained about Bush using drone attacks are still bitching about Obama using drones. There has been talk recently of having external oversight of the decision to kill targets.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

For bonus points, condemn Israel’s use of drones to target missle batteries being used to shell civilians in Israel and defend the attacks on Israeli civilians as “freedom fighting” or something.[/quote]

The people who complained about Bush using drone attacks are still bitching about Obama using drones. There has been talk recently of having external oversight of the decision to kill targets.
[/quote]

Google for Rand Paul’s letter to John Brennan who still has not answered the questions about using drones to kill Americans on American soil without trial.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[/quote]

Google for Rand Paul’s letter to John Brennan who still has not answered the questions about using drones to kill Americans on American soil without trial.[/quote]

John Brennan is my hero. I get giddy every time I see him on C-SPAN.